A bayonet for Saiga-12? Can you shot a slug when attached?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trust me, it 'looks' ultra dumb   Please don't do it!!!

Don't worry about me, ass-clown, I'll do what I wish, there is nothing any of you here will do about that. It's not like I run around with it, in fact, it was only on for that pic, it's more of an in

Posted Images

Yes Nailbomb i have one but i desperatly want another. That sucks about Camerons business, everybody at the local gunshop figured the batf was pressuring him out of it. If anyone on the forum has another i will pay you more than you paid for it. Cameron that bayonet was a fantastically stout and well made product, before I knew you couldnt get them anymore I really put mine to the test.:super: Oh ya by the way it is the most fantastic way to finish a cottontail.

PM me if you have one for sale... please.

post-28516-0-24493600-1297393718_thumb.jpg

I encountered a fellow at a local gun show who was selling Saiga accessories and had a tricked out Saiga with a Porky Pine on it. He was saying that a guy offered him $1000, cash for it on the spot, but he wouldn't sell it. The vendor said it brought far more people by the booth than it would be worth to sell.

Don't worry about me, ass-clown, I'll do what I wish, there is nothing any of you here will do about that. It's not like I run around with it, in fact, it was only on for that pic, it's more of an inside joke, but you don't need to be trying to tell me what to do...

Ass clown, huh? :lolol:

Dude, I am just f'n with ya...don't take it personally.

And here is what I am rocking..

LaserLyte-NAA-Pistol-Bayonet-1.jpg

Poser that ant tactical.

page19_blog_entry471_1.jpg

isnt a vfg illegal on a handgun mr aow?

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Let me guess. Its for mall zombies.

Nope, just looks, that's why I'm trying to get one of those polymer archangel bayonets...

Those archangel bayos are still stabby and killy... 010.gifyou just cant put an edge on one very well. I got one for my 10/22 but the muzzle shroud/ bayo doesn't fit the bull barrel. I might be willing to part with it if the price is right...

Oh ya by the way it is the most fantastic way to finish a cottontail.

Respectfully, you sound like you have some serious torture issues to work out. Might want to see a shrink about that.

Edited by C&S Metall-Werkes

Hey a little extra sompn, sompn never hurts,lol....

Here's mine, a BUDK bayonet with the hole drilled out a bit and the handle shortened. I'm working on modding a Cetma Bayo with a gut hook and a few serrrations towards the base of the blade.

post-15573-0-25061200-1297469048_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Ya, guns are made for shooting, not for "forking :rolleyes: ". Agree 100%. Yet, there are situations...

What this:

What do you think abou that situation? I think that that person with a camera was lucky not being shot by that "shooting the boar again" hunter.

So, that falling down hunter, attacked by a wild boar, finally got his balance back and started shooting around people ... I should say: NO way.

Although the shot was clean, the situation was not.

But a bayo might be helpful in that situation, not to hunt a boar, but maybe to scare the beast.... ?? Just a thought.

uote name='roachtron' timestamp='1297296951' post='604421']

Why not just shoot the boar again instead of going after it with a bayonet or a tactical pitch fork?

Edited by andy1

I've shot both without issue. Must admit though, that bayonet tends to stay in the safe more than on the gun and the Cetma version is mounted on my Tac vest. If you're gonna have one, just like the military, don't put it on your gun unless you believe you WILL be useing it. It's too easy to stick something/someone you shouldn't, lol.

More crap has been made by stupid pig hunters than anything.

It's not a feral boar. It's not an African safari. They are not

dangerous game. If you wound them, they do not charge.

It's a pig. It's NOT a big deal. If you can't kill a pig

in one shot, you need to put the gun down and go back to town.

You have a GUN. Not a SPEAR. You engage at RANGE, make your shot,

and it goes down and dies. You don't need a bayonet, or a foregrip,

or a backup weapon. Are you trying to sneak up and pull on its tail

before you shoot it? WTF.

My idea of pig hunting is when no deer show up during the hunt, and you

try to see how many you can drop with one shot from the deer rifle. My record

is three pigs in one shot.

"If you wound them, they do not charge." -- I am happy for you. Others (not me personally) had a different experience. I DO NOT think that bayo is an anwer to dangerous situations, which may happen during hunting. Alcohol is probably much more dangerous, than anything else. Yet, flexibility of mind may help at times :lolol: If you think that you ALWAYS :killer: clean shots, please think twice. Modesty is a good quality, togetehr with ambitions. Agree that range practice is a must.

Cheers,

A.

More crap has been made by stupid pig hunters than anything.

It's not a feral boar. It's not an African safari. They are not

dangerous game. If you wound them, they do not charge.

It's a pig. It's NOT a big deal. If you can't kill a pig

in one shot, you need to put the gun down and go back to town.

You have a GUN. Not a SPEAR. You engage at RANGE, make your shot,

and it goes down and dies. You don't need a bayonet, or a foregrip,

or a backup weapon. Are you trying to sneak up and pull on its tail

before you shoot it? WTF.

My idea of pig hunting is when no deer show up during the hunt, and you

try to see how many you can drop with one shot from the deer rifle. My record

is three pigs in one shot.

Edited by andy1
I DO NOT think that bayo is an anwer to dangerous situations, which may happen during hunting.

Agreed!

I guess akkalish thinks a wounded 1/2 pound bunny is a dangerous situation. I commend his bravery.

Ya, guns are made for shooting, not for "forking :rolleyes: ". Agree 100%. Yet, there are situations...

What this:

So, that falling down hunter, attacked by a wild boar, finally got his balance back and started shooting around people ... I should say: NO way. Why not just shoot the boar again instead of going after it with a bayonet or a tactical pitch fork?

You make a lot of good points.

Especially about it being a dangerous shot. Guarantee he never looked to see where his buddies were when he fired that gun. He was in a panic and made a dangerous shot. And he was out of the danger zone when he fired. Bad shooting.

I watched that video. That Boar came out of there aggressively to scare away what he considered a threat (a guy w/ a gun)and ran right past the guy. If he was attacking, he would have 'hit' the guy when he reached him....not diverted and gone right past him. If he hadn't have shot it, that boar would have kept on running and never looked back.

Would love to hear that guys story when he brags it to all his buddies. "Attacked by a boar, would have been killed if he didn't get the shot off." LOL.

Guy goes 'dangerous game hunting', then craps his pants and falls to the ground instead of firing :lolol:

He is lucky that that boar really didn't attack, cause the hunter would have lost.

It's not a feral boar. It's not an African safari....It's a pig. It's NOT a big deal.

Yup.

If you wound them, they do not charge.

Yup yup.

They are not dangerous game

Yup yup yup.

A pig aint a predator. It's defense is to get away.

Now a Grizzly, that would be a different story, LOL.

I am pretty sure a Grizzly (or Polar bear) is the only dangerous game animal in the US.

I have an obsessive thought to make my Saiga the most versatile hunting shotgun ever made :rolleyes:

I guess I am not the only one.

And it is tempting to think ... that bayonet might help in some situations.

I do not advocate for it, just want to hear opinions.

I DO NOT think that bayo is an anwer to dangerous situations, which may happen during hunting.

Agreed!

I guess akkalish thinks a wounded 1/2 pound bunny is a dangerous situation. I commend his bravery.

I do not advocate for it, just want to hear opinions

imho, if your not in a CQB situation in Iraq, you will never have any reason to use it. I don't think I have ever seen a picture of a CQB guy even having one on his gun. BUt maybe some do, I really don't know.

Even if you are hunting African lions, your gun should be prepared with the right ammount of ammo and caliber for any situation. Not relying on a knife.

Some people think they look cool on the gun. I don't, but I can respect peoples opinions that do think it looks cool. Everyone has differnt ideas on what looks good.

In reality, it will never be used. Why use a bayo when you can shoot bullets...bullets are so much funner :smoke:

Other than a grizzly or polar bear, no american animal will attack when confronted or wounded.

I don't know about all units, but mine never used bayonets in Iraq (2007). A bayonet is heavy and at the end of the barrel, throwing off aim. Further, it's long, making the weapon slower to acquire targets in an urban environment and it extends further, meaning that when moving into a room or around a corner, potential enemies have another fraction of a second to react. It's also very aggressive, so when encountering non-combatants, it can make negotiations more tense. As pointed out earlier, there's also a very good chance of poking things that you didn't intend to. During conventional war, with army on army contact between uniformed combatants in restricted but not urban environments, bayonets can be highly useful, but not in Iraq from what I saw.

but not urban environments, bayonets can be highly useful, but not in Iraq from what I saw.

You are right. It would make the gun longer and ruin it's manuverability in a CQB situation....I didn't think about that.

And thank you for your military service.

Poser that ant tactical.

page19_blog_entry471_1.jpg

I think I got you beat :devil:

A ridiculous overly scoped and railed M-16, w/ a single shot 22 derringer with funtional supressor.

devgambler1.jpg

Same gun w/ a super tactical flare launcher, to turn it into even more of a christmas tree. haha.

How ya like the thread protector?

devgambler2.jpg

That's what happens when a few beers come out after hours :lolol:

• Like 1

Actually that thread protector is pretty cool.

We were drunk, LOL!

I was bulding a custom QD scope mount for an over-sized scope and night-vision for a SWAT team. OLD school styer.

I removed his bolt handle and put that chrome-dice on it, when the SWAT-sniper picked the gun up he was seriously pissed off :lolol:

Cry baby :rolleyes:

devgambler2.jpg

Where is the Microwave, coffee maker, and net launcher? Its just not worth it without the rest....although one May want to add the optional Tac-barrow to carry it in aswell.... :lolol:

(anyone else see this and think of that weird ass gun from one of the Beverly Hill's cop movies? :lolol: )

Edited by Desolo

Sorry, I was kinda having a bad day that day...

To explain, I got the MD-20 for Christmas, along with a bayonet lug for my S-12.

You see, I had been in a gun store a few weeks earlier and I was eyeing a Mossberg 590A-1 and the wife asked why it had a bayo lug (she's got a good eye) so I told here that the only thing better than a high-capacity shotgun is a high-capacity shotgun with a stabby-thing on it, so she got me the bayo lug as a joke because she had already hinted that my X-mas present had to do with the S-12...

Anyway, I put it on because, well, it WAS a gift from the wife.

And I'm VERY interested in an Archangel bayo...