saiga 308.

Look here.. this is what I can do with lots of practice and trigger time..

About 1 1/4" or so at 100 yards.. with GOOD factory ammo..

post-8775-0-95150900-1297307987_thumb.jpg

There are people that shoot under 5/8" with these with HANDLOADs.. (AKSARBAN is one..) :killer:

You need to find YOUR 308 ammo that works for you.. but $30 ammo will usually work better then the $10/box.

Tula and Wolf ammo gives about 2 5/8"- 3 1/2" groups at 100 yards.

You will need a scope for good groups.. The Irons suck for precision work..

Here is what I went with.. http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=58017

Albert

Edited by YWHIC

in how much is a magazine for the saiga308.

There are currently four brands of magazine that I am aware of. Cost varies between makers as do options

Promag 24 round Poly (they show a ten round but I've yet to see it)

Surefire 5-25 round Poly, when empty bolt locks on follower holding the bolt back.

Uinta 20 round Poly, internals are pretty much the same as factory mags.

Csspecs 5-20 round Steel, tool less take down, all metal construction. (I make these)

Price range is about 35-$50 depending on size and brand. I suggest searching each product back a year and reading reviews and comments.

Its reliable. Accuracy depands on what you consider accurate. Will it do submoa? No! 1moa? Probably not. Although some claim to have shot 1 or less Mia. Its more of minute of bad guy. If you want a banch gun this ain't it. If you want a battle rifle this will fill the role nicely.

Its a 308 it can reach out far.

I thought of selling my to fund another 308 but in the end I liked it too much and couldn't part with it so I just bought the other one.

Just a tip... I think vendors stocked up on way too many of the promag .308 mags or expected them to sell better. If you do a google search on shopping for them you may be surprised at the price you will see. These mags aren't the best but they haven't jammed on me ever. I consider them to be disposable. Compared to csspecs mags as far as durability they don't come close and they are also fugly.

Do the Saiga rifles have the same conversion requirements that the S-12 has in order to be 'compliant'? Or can one put a collapsing Stock, pistol grip and new forearm on it without violating some 922 reg? I've looked at several photos of the rifles and it doesn't appear that the trigger housing has be relocated as the shotgun material is. So are there different rules for rifles???

Brain in neutral, when question was posed. I have the answer....damn I hate it when this happens.

Sorry for the waste of post.

Edited by Mayor Al

Do the Saiga rifles have the same conversion requirements that the S-12 has in order to be 'compliant'? Or can one put a collapsing Stock, pistol grip and new forearm on it without violating some 922 reg? I've looked at several photos of the rifles and it doesn't appear that the trigger housing has be relocated as the shotgun material is. So are there different rules for rifles???

Brain in neutral, when question was posed. I have the answer....damn I hate it when this happens.

Sorry for the waste of post.

??????

Byron,

The part of my memory that had the answer about conversions of rifles was not functioning when I mistakenly asked the very dumb question in my earlier post. Thus the post that showed how malfunctioning my thoughts seem to be late in the evening. I left it on as recognition of my own weaknesses and as a joke reminder that sometimes we really do not think things thru before we post !

Byron,

The part of my memory that had the answer about conversions of rifles was not functioning when I mistakenly asked the very dumb question in my earlier post. Thus the post that showed how malfunctioning my thoughts seem to be late in the evening. I left it on as recognition of my own weaknesses and as a joke reminder that sometimes we really do not think things thru before we post !

that was not my ?????? what you had scratched out is NOWHERE in this thread hence the ?????

OK I will ask the question that I messed up earlier. Can a Saigo 308 (or 7.62x39) be altered with cosmetic stuff...stock, pistol grip and forearm piece and maybe a rail or two, BUT NOT with the trigger housing replacement that is integral with the Shotgun 'conversions'. If I were to do that would I be violating somepart of the 922 regs??

I think I know the answer, but I am confused by the number of guns visibly 'stock' or Altered in their appearance.

If I understood your question correctly about the S308 then the answer is NO! You have to move the trigger forward in.order to use a pistol grip or a Dragonov/PSL style stock&grip

If it somehow possible to do that you are -3 US parts. You can make them up by using only US mags. Body, floor plate, follower. Most 308 mags are US made but for the x39 you'd need to stick with tapco or palm mags. You could change the piston and add a US flash bidder and then use european mags but change out the floor plate and followers.

Its easer to just do the trigger conversion. Also on top of every section there is a sticky with a link to a site that shows what you need. Click on what you'd like to change andit will show you if you're legal or not

Edited by Arik

If I understood your question correctly about the S308 then the answer is NO! You have to move the trigger forward in.order to use a pistol grip or a Dragonov/PSL style stock&grip

If it somehow possible to do that you are -3 US parts. You can make them up by using only US mags. Body, floor plate, follower. Most 308 mags are US made but for the x39 you'd need to stick with tapco or palm mags. You could change the piston and add a US flash bidder and then use european mags but change out the floor plate and followers.

Its easer to just do the trigger conversion. Also on top of every section there is a sticky with a link to a site that shows what you need. Click on what you'd like to change andit will show you if you're legal or not

incorrect.my 308.only needs front handguard to be compliant. waiting on post office for it.

saigaak002.jpg

How is that trigger even accurate or comfortable to shoot with a pistol grip? Its ment to be used with just a straight stock. Unless you live in a state with some kind of laws that prevent you from doing a full conversion you should go ahead a do one. Your Saiga will thank you for it!