I like the show, pretty well done for just a 30 minute show. Nice to see what goes on behind the counter and in the shop. Makes me feel better after I make a mistake with a mod to see them make one on theirs, nobody is perfect.

Hope they can keep finding enough material to keep it going. Shows like this and Top Shot being on the better know channels really helps the uniformed. Kinda wish 3 Gun Nation would make it to something like ESPN and get the exposure it really deserves.

• Like 1
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I believe there's already at least one thread started for people who feel the need to pick Will's show apart like this. Why can't people just watch TV and get the things they DO like out of it. It's a

Shame on you. You should know better than to have "thoughts" contrary to the herd. Even if this general forum says "any topic is welcome here." It is really not. If you don't join in the circle jerk h

You need to realize that an episode is only 20 minutes in film length so there really isn't much time to develop a short story line that flows with the "build". Taking valuable time to go through the

You need to realize that an episode is only 20 minutes in film length so there really isn't much time to develop a short story line that flows with the "build".

Taking valuable time to go through the NFA process would certainly bore the living shit out of the "average" viewer. Hell, it would bore the shit out of me too. Boring the viewers is not an option in this business. When watching the show, I would suggest removing your "technical" hat and reinstalling your "fun" hat. The show will be much more enjoyable for you that way.

Next week, Will takes a model rocket straight to the chest fired from a bazooka tube. Maybe I'm way off base here, but that sure sounds like some entertaining shit to me.

Tony Rumore

Tromix

• Like 7

It's become more and more apparent over time that there is a real problem in our midst.......

There's a core group here on the Forum that seems to be extremely frustrated that they can't get the majority of our members to agree with their line of thought. They use the terms "herd" and "hive" regarding the majority of the members here as a result of their apparent inability to bring us to their line of thought.

I truly hate it that they feel suppressed in their efforts to "educate" the rest of us to more enlightened approaches to all aspects of life.

Gladly, there are far more of us than of them, and as is usually the case, a majority generally sets the tone for the body.

The continued turd-stirring and trolling and general condescension toward the body of the Forum will lead inevitably to a hard resolution, I'm sure......... Can't happen soon enough.

I wish more of the people around here, who have actually BEEN here long enough to know what's going on, (nothing at all against brand new members either...I know many who are sick of it, but just don't want to make waves...) and are sick of turning the other cheek, trying to ignore seeing good people trashed, or "taking the high road" all the time.... would start speaking up against these dozen or so whiners and jackasses, who have been running people off, and running this forum further and further into the damned ground with their constant argumentative bullshit. The little cligue made up of a few haters and left wing butt nuggets, and new kid on the block know it all types, need to realize they can't keep causing such negativity all the time, and only occasionally post something useful to try and make up for it. It's real easy to figure out who these people are. Maybe "voting people off the island" isn't such a bad idea after all.... :nuke: Majority rules. How sick is everyone of seeing the same small group of trouble makers continually causing problems? Something should be done, or this place will always be a breeding ground for bullshit that has nothing to do with guns....more to do with arguing and twisted little panties. What? Suppress someone's "freedom of speech"? HELL YES! , if all they have to say is a bunch of shit stirring nonsense all the time, designed to cause discontent in what would otherwise be...and USED to be, a mostly civil environment around here, and quite a 'think tank' of valuable information.

For the record "classy"...I did NOT try and disrespect Graylupo one bit. I happen to like him, and have always supported his positive posts here, just as I have the very few I've seen from you. I stated a fact. I also expressed my own opinion about the subject at hand...the SHOW. I didn't butt my nose in here and start a crying party designed to drive a wedge between members, and draw people to one side or another of yours and your buddies' little clique war. If ya can't just stick to posting about guns and positive things to do with this forum, and it's members, and learn a little respect for those you love to hate on all the time....maybe you should go find a nice little political troll forum to play on where that type of crap is welcome.

+1

Well this thread has progressed pretty much as expected. :rolleyes:

So in 5 years you've had 47 posts and 2 of them have been with said circle jerk crew in this post? Were the other 45 about cops sucking and how the man gets you down? What exactly are you adding to this forum?

Well sir, I am adding my opinion to this forum. Isn't that what forums are for? Differing opinions are an important part of critical thinking skills. It helps one assess one's own belief systems, or at least is supposed to. Someone may have read my comments and say to themselves, "you know, he does have a point about this being really cliquey forum. Maybe I should be more tolerant of others opinions." Of course being a clique, the most common response is to say, "Heresy, heresy, burn the outsider! He only has X amount of posts."

Either response of course proves my point, so thank you.

Oh, and for all of you who didn't quite get it, the "Well this thread has progressed pretty much as expected." :rolleyes: comment was a subtle way of hinting that the thread had gotten off track a bit on both sides. It was supposed to be dry humor.

Edited by mac66
  • Like 1

After seeing the teaser for this weeks show I cringe everytime it is shown.... The scene shows them loading a rocket into what I think is a Bazooka, then 'firing' it directly towards a man standing about 10 feet in front of the "implement". I'll watch the show, but this one is reaching for the extremes in it's preview !!!

Edited by Mayor Al

After seeing the teaser for this weeks show I cringe everytime it is shown.... The scene shows them loading a rocket into what I think is a Bazooka, then 'firing' it directly towards a man standing about 10 feet in front of the "implement". I'll watch the show, but this one is reaching for the extremes in it's preview !!!

My understanding is that's what's going to happen, you need to watch !!!

Rocket fired into Will from Bazooka, sounds like no fun for him !

So in 5 years you've had 47 posts and 2 of them have been with said circle jerk crew in this post? Were the other 45 about cops sucking and how the man gets you down? What exactly are you adding to this forum?

Well sir, I am adding my opinion to this forum. Isn't that what forums are for? Differing opinions are an important part of critical thinking skills. It helps one assess one's own belief systems, or at least is supposed to. Someone may have read my comments and say to themselves, "you know, he does have a point about this being really cliquey forum. Maybe I should be more tolerant of others opinions." Of course being a clique, the most common response is to say, "Heresy, heresy, burn the outsider! He only has X amount of posts."

Oh, and for all of you who didn't quite get it, the "Well this thread has progressed pretty much as expected." :rolleyes: comment was a subtle way of hinting that the thread had gotten off track a bit on both sides. It was supposed to be dry humor.

Nope, I just think it's amazing that after being a member here for (since 06) 6 years, give or take some months you decide to make your come back in this thread........the amount of posts comment had to do with the fact that this was your come back statement instead of "hey guys look at this new Saiga I got in the last 6 years. Just cause you edited your first comment (I didn't forget the original post) doesn't mean I'll forget........

Tony put it best, put on your fun cap.

Personally I've done a lot of dumb stuff, no reason to live safe your going to die anyway. Personally I can't wait to see Will take a rocket to the stomach, "ain't scared" is what comes to mind!

Nope, I just think it's amazing that after being a member here for (since 06) 6 years, give or take some months you decide to make your come back in this thread........the amount of posts comment had to do with the fact that this was your come back statement instead of "hey guys look at this new Saiga I got in the last 6 years. Just cause you edited your first comment (I didn't forget the original post) doesn't mean I'll forget........

Tony put it best, put on your fun cap.

Personally I've done a lot of dumb stuff, no reason to live safe your going to die anyway. Personally I can't wait to see Will take a rocket to the stomach, "ain't scared" is what comes to mind!

Factually, you are incorrect. I've posted a number of times in the weeks preceding this thread. In fact I even started a couple threads recently. It is not like I just magically appeared to cause you grief which of course has nothing to do with my expressing my opinion does it? I certainly was not trolling. I didn't start this thread, in fact I thought I was being pretty civil compared to some of the pissing matches that started up. If sarcasm and wry humor offend you need to "put on your fun cap".

I am not sure what you are getting at with the "you edited your first post, but I will not forget" comment. Yeah I edited to correct spelling, and added stuff to make my point more clear, or less clear to some of you, but I didn't take anything out or change anything. If you were referring to something else, clarify what you mean. If however, you have a specific beef, spill it.

• Like 1

Just got through the first episode, way need to catch up on them.

Obliviously the show is mostly to entertain.. But I am taking note of the shop setup, its pretty slick. Looks like each bench is a single project?

There are little gems of information all through the show, you just need to keep your eyes open for them.

• Like 4

I like the appearance in almost every show of an 'innocent consumer' who comes in to purchase something they know nothing about--firearms-- and the folks at the store don't ridicule them or laugh them out of the place---they give them some reasonable advice on how to start their search or where and how to find the answers to whatever the issue happens to be. These guys have 'Couth' and that is a rare occurrence in many specialty business's these days.

Now that I have seen the Bazooka show, I take back the negative comment about the teaser that I made earlier. In the context of the total project, the test fit. It was an interesting project thats for sure. I liked seeing a Saiga rifle being given as a birthday gift also.

What a big difference between this show and the motorcycle builders who fight constantly while making their projects. I gave up on them some time back, even though I like the projects they build ! Even one of the "Sportsman channel" shows had a long excerpt of a father-son getting into a real head-bashing, boot-kicking fight over a bunch of petty shit that happened during their day-long hunt...all this on-camera with the guide standing by to drive them back to the lodge. Pretty crappy entertainment I say.

AL

Please read below if you would like to know some facts about our entertainment industry:

Reality TV is not real.

Models don't actually look that good.

Your favorite actresses have personal trainers, plastic surgeons, and/or cocaine to look like they have the body of a starving 17 year old.

Criminals do not leaves semen, hair and blood at every crime scene.

One man with Special Forces training cannot wage a war and topple a country and/or occupying force by himself.

Knowing Kung Fu will not allow you to float in mid-air and defy physics.

Sorry, but I figured you should learn the truth sooner rather than later.

What about the Tooth Fairy?

Please read below if you would like to know some facts about our entertainment industry:

Reality TV is not real.

Your favorite actresses have personal trainers, plastic surgeons, and/or cocaine to look like they have the body of a starving 17 year old.

One man with Special Forces training cannot wage a war and topple a country and/or occupying force by himself.

Nah, she's legit:

the_tooth_fairy_by_scaryjesus.jpg

Enjoy your nightmares. :o

Reality TV is not real.

Nah, she's legit:

Yeah but that's just one week a month

• Like 5

Reality TV is not real.

Nah, she's legit:

Yeah but that's just one week a month

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

There was a poster here that mentioned in a separate thread that the Thompson that the LEO dropped off for Will to modernize suddenly changed from a very long barreled version to a somewhat shorter version somewhere in the transition from gun transfer to transport of the weapon to the shop. I was curious about this claim and decided to go 'On Demand' and check it out for myself.

Sure enough, the Thompson that Will brings back to the shop boys has a barrel that is a good two inches or so shorter than the one that Will accepted in the front of the store. I wonder what the story was behind the switch?

Fast forward to the finished product.

Did anyone else get the almost fiending-like sensation to jump through the television to get their hands on that Thompson, post-Willed? I sure did. While I agree with Vince's belief that removing the weapon from its classy look was blasphemy, the finished product looked damn sexy, in a menacing, throw-a-shit-load-of-huge-lead-chunks-really-fast sort of way.

The biggest problem I have with this show is that it's giving me too many ideas and adding to the list of guns I need.

Also, the fact it is distracting me from a project for school isn't helping to sweeten the pot either.

Ah well, it's good to see someone from the firearms industry highlighted in a positive manner.

There was a poster here that mentioned in a separate thread that the Thompson that the LEO dropped off for Will to modernize suddenly changed from a very long barreled version to a somewhat shorter version somewhere in the transition from gun transfer to transport of the weapon to the shop. I was curious about this claim and decided to go 'On Demand' and check it out for myself.

Sure enough, the Thompson that Will brings back to the shop boys has a barrel that is a good two inches or so shorter than the one that Will accepted in the front of the store. I wonder what the story was behind the switch?

Fast forward to the finished product.

Did anyone else get the almost fiending-like sensation to jump through the television to get their hands on that Thompson, post-Willed? I sure did. While I agree with Vince's belief that removing the weapon from its classy look was blasphemy, the finished product looked damn sexy, in a menacing, throw-a-shit-load-of-huge-lead-chunks-really-fast sort of way.

I don't why people obsess about this (not you Photoguy), but it's simple to explain: Will cut the barrel off. They didn't show it on TV.

My thoughts on the show -

Just to keep this thread alive longer. As I partially stated before, I think it is the best thing on TV and yes, I've seen what I thought might have been ibaccuracies and / or misstatementsbut then I remembered - this is months of taping cut and pasted into something by the producers or directors or whoever does that thing for tv people.

Truth is, I don't know shit about making movies or TV shows and am bored by most. I DVR Sons of Guns every week and watch it with my boys - finally I can enjoy something I like on TV with them

Thank You So Much, Will

My boys are 3 and 6 and don't like any of the Military Channel stuff and especially any Cop shows that I enjoy. They are scared by the violence on general TV so we let them watch the kids channels (they are both watching Boomerang and now love Tom and jerry, Flintstones, jetsons - all the classics :super: ) then after they go to bed - I can watch my stuff. But now they are so excited to watch Sons on Wednesday nights - they both come home from school and ask me how long til its on. I preach total safety to my children and believe Will does as well - all of you who want to criticize Will for how an editor pieced footage or a director said would look good - then, most likely secured all the proper permits and cleared the areas before they shot the flares or any other scene can just bite it.

Hands down, the best TV Show for my interest.

:blues:

• Like 1

So am I the only person that thought the tooth fairy picture was a photoshopped picture of Steph?

I don't mean that in a bad way, for the record I think she's hot.

I just thought one of the assholes at the other forums shopped a picture of her.

Edited by Boba Debt
  • Like 2

So am I the only person that thought the tooth fairy picture was a photoshopped picture of Steph?

Weak secondhanded dissing a man's daughter's looks...maybe you should post some pics of your daughter, Boba.

• Like 1

Well I've been working late n the shop tonight trying to get stuff done, and fortunately for me, the reruns that were on all night just happened to be SOG reruns. Hell yeah! Any other TV show and I would have changed the channel.