failure to eject (sometimes)

When i bought this gun i thought it was supposed to be a go anywhere, do anything, shoot anything type shotgun. this thing has been a piece of shit since day one. but i wont give up, for i have too much money invested in it.

the problem is that it wont cycle cheap, low brass shells. it wants to run the hot stuff only, buckshot, slugs, etc.

i have the low brass reliability kit, MD gas plug, Go-gun twister puck, and a lighter spring. before i got all these parts it would hardly cycle through more than two shots of anything, heavier loads worked better, but not all the time. by not cycling them properly, i mean it wont recoil far enough to properly eject the shells resulting with the shells getting stuck half ejected stovepipe style or still stuck in the chamber entirely.

after researching the problem i found that the problem was probably that it was under gassed in some way, or it was a "vodka special" meaning the gas ports (i have 3) were blocked because they were drilled at the improper location on the barrel. i inspected and found my gas ports appeared to be in the proper location, but one of them is partially blocked, maybe 1/4 of it. i dont think that would be a major problem.

i got the new gas plug, spring and puck, polished all the internal pieces, bolt, carrier, rails, etc. lubed it all up with break free and figured i had solved the problem and could afford to shoot it again ( $5 birdshot). it cocks smoother and with less effort, seemed like it was good to go. Wrong.

i took it out shooting with 6 different types of shells, all 2 & 3/4, couple different types of birdshot, two types of buckshot, and two types of slugs. after figuring out the gas plug settings i was able to get it to continuously fire buckshot without jamming but not birdshot.

now i know these guns take some tlc so get them shooting everything reliably but what the fuck? what else can i do? i have filed down and polished every part in the gun that touches anything, got the parts i needed to, made sure my gas ports were clean, wore my lucky underwear and still it wont run cheap ammo. should i take the gas block completely off and drill the gas ports bigger? could it possibly be because of that semi blocked port? there is a gas exhaust hole on the side of the gas block that im assuming lets out my precious gases, is it letting out too much? should i block it partially?

Im completely open to suggestions here fellas, any advice?

Take out the twister puck. Shoot it more. Mine has the identical port layout, 3 with 1 partially covered. My gun runs fantasticlly. It took many bad range trips and lots of ammo. Stop using the cheap shells for a while it will break in better an you can shoot anything and reinstall the factory spring. Or you can DRILL!, BABY DRILL!! But you don't need too. Check the size of your ports to assure they are correct for a 3 hole gun. I have never drilled or even checked the size of mine, it just takes time. It is brand new!

Apparently you didn't come here and study up on it before you bought it. You and everyone else has had the same problem and all of the answers are already here. All you have to do is read them before asking about something that's been covered. Being a newbie, please take some time and read. Here's a good place to start....... http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=62895&st=0&p=604358entry604358

• Like 1

Apparently you didn't come here and study up on it before you bought it. You and everyone else has had the same problem and all of the answers are already here. All you have to do is read them before asking about something that's been covered. Being a newbie, please take some time and read. Here's a good place to start....... http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=62895&st=0&p=604358entry604358

its gonna happen. people get too lazy to look first, they pretty much want you to repeat everything youve already said. over,and over, and over...... normally i dont mind but it does become tedious.

its like it should be stickied somewhere........LOL.

Edited by psl sniper

its gonna happen. people get too lazy to look first, they pretty much want you to repeat everything youve already said. over,and over, and over...... normally i dont mind but it does become tedious.

its like it should be stickied somewhere........LOL.

Excellent idea........ All of the "OMG, my gun won't work" solutions in one spot. Oh, wait that's called forum.saiga-12.com hehehe

P.S. rant and hijack, oops

well yeah, thats why im on here. this is how i found out i needed to do things like break it in, replace certain parts, polish certain parts, check for things like blocked gas ports, feed ramp overhang etc. i dont have time to read through literally thousands of posts to read the same shit over and over. i figured i would explain my situation, see if anybody has any tips or hints.

well yeah, thats why im on here. this is how i found out i needed to do things like break it in, replace certain parts, polish certain parts, check for things like blocked gas ports, feed ramp overhang etc. i dont have time to read through literally thousands of posts to read the same shit over and over. i figured i would explain my situation, see if anybody has any tips or hints.

its called a search feature. use it. if that doesnt work use google search. there are several posts dealing with just what you asked.

were not trying to be assholes, but the same thread seams to pop up at least once a week.

P.S. welcome to the forum.

Take that piece of shit and send it my way. Seriously, I would remove the gas block and drill the holes out to .093-096. Then make sure that the block doesn't obstruct the ports in any way. If obstructed, oval the gas block hole with a file or drill bit until all ports are free flowing. This solved the problem on both of mine. I also installed a auto plug

• Like 1

Get a gas overhaul for $80 and that bitch will run like a champ. This gun isnt designed to run low brass if you would have done any research you would know that. If you wanna sell I will buy for $500

OP, you can do a port job yourself and it won't cost you anything(if you have the tools). Same with polishing and profiling the internals, and a full conversion, if that's what you want. That will cost $ for parts. All that information is already written. Read it.

These guns will run any ammo you want to use once they're set up to, but it's rare they are refined enough for that from the factory. Sorry if you don't have time to study the information that is already written.

"i dont have time to read through literally thousands of posts to read the same shit over and over. i figured i would explain my situation, see if anybody has any tips or hints." THIS IS THE STUFF WE'RE TALKING ABOUT!! That is exactly why there are thousands of posts about it.

Edited by Yeoldetool

Take that piece of shit and send it my way. Seriously, I would remove the gas block and drill the holes out to .093-096. Then make sure that the block doesn't obstruct the ports in any way. If obstructed, oval the gas block hole with a file or drill bit until all ports are free flowing. This solved the problem on both of mine. I also installed a auto plug

What is a auto plug? Where are they sold? Thanks!

What is a auto plug? Where are they sold? Thanks!

http://www.tac47industries.com/content-product_info/product_id-2321/auto_plug_instructional_video.html

Might be a dumb question from a n00b but why is everyone so worried about shooting low quality ammo?

Price would be the only reason. Bulk packs are cheap in price and quality. Knowing you spent less on ammo can make a range day much more rewarding.

Get a gas overhaul for $80 and that bitch will run like a champ. This gun isnt designed to run low brass if you would have done any research you would know that. If you wanna sell I will buy for $500

OP, you can do a port job yourself and it won't cost you anything(if you have the tools). Same with polishing and profiling the internals, and a full conversion, if that's what you want. That will cost $ for parts. All that information is already written. Read it.

These guns will run any ammo you want to use once they're set up to, but it's rare they are refined enough for that from the factory. Sorry if you don't have time to study the information that is already written.

"i dont have time to read through literally thousands of posts to read the same shit over and over. i figured i would explain my situation, see if anybody has any tips or hints." THIS IS THE STUFF WE'RE TALKING ABOUT!! That is exactly why there are thousands of posts about it.

Yeah, alright, im going to go ahead and say fuck you "yeoldetool". thanks for not being helpful at all. all you have done is proved that you are a grumpy old gun forum elitist, congratulations. believe it or not fellas, i have read through the forums, i do have an understanding of the problems these guns have and what to expect, i didnt find a post that was exactly like my situation so i figured i would ask. i mean that is what this forum is for right? to help each other out and share knowledge? yeah. this forum is how i figured out everything else about my saiga, without posting anything. thanks to everybody else who actually had something helpful to say.

• Like 1

Yeah, alright, im going to go ahead and say fuck you "yeoldetool". thanks for not being helpful at all. all you have done is proved that you are a grumpy old gun forum elitist, congratulations. believe it or not fellas, i have read through the forums, i do have an understanding of the problems these guns have and what to expect, i didnt find a post that was exactly like my situation so i figured i would ask. i mean that is what this forum is for right? to help each other out and share knowledge? yeah. this forum is how i figured out everything else about my saiga, without posting anything. thanks to everybody else who actually had something helpful to say.

well glad you already have all the answers (since you did read the forums already). good luck with your saiga.

• Like 1

I'm not grumpy or an elitist although ignorance and redundancy irritate me. I started the same way you did, but learned from the intelligent answers that were already written here, so to solve my problems before I got frustrated and impatient enough that I started asking repeated questions. I just did a search for "vent hole" and 94 results came up. Yep 94. A search for "opening gas ports" yielded 116 results. Look here http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=33836 . I know it's easier for you to ask other people to solve your problems than to actually take the initiative to find the answers yourself. Furthermore, I was being helpful from my very first response in this thread. How do you think I found those links? Magic? BTW, I could have returned your vulgarity but that wouldn't have been very "helpful". Perhaps typing the exact same information off all those threads into this one, so you could read it here, would have satisfied you, but I'm just not going to do that.

I'm not grumpy or an elitist although ignorance and redundancy irritate me. I started the same way you did, but learned from the intelligent answers that were already written here, so to solve my problems before I got frustrated and impatient enough that I started asking repeated questions. I just did a search for "vent hole" and 94 results came up. Yep 94. A search for "opening gas ports" yielded 116 results. Look here http://forum.saiga-1...showtopic=33836 . I know it's easier for you to ask other people to solve your problems than to actually take the initiative to find the answers yourself. Furthermore, I was being helpful from my very first response in this thread. How do you think I found those links? Magic? BTW, I could have returned your vulgarity but that wouldn't have been very "helpful". Perhaps typing the exact same information off all those threads into this one, so you could read it here, would have satisfied you, but I'm just not going to do that.

if it bothers you so much that people ask questions that the answers are already here, then why comment at all? nobody twisted your arm into saying anything. if you are tired of ignorance and redundancy then why bother reading a post that seems redundant? or replying to it for that matter. This is a forum, discussion and asking questions is what its here for. excuse the hell out of me for using it.

I'm not grumpy or an elitist although ignorance and redundancy irritate me. I started the same way you did, but learned from the intelligent answers that were already written here, so to solve my problems before I got frustrated and impatient enough that I started asking repeated questions. I just did a search for "vent hole" and 94 results came up. Yep 94. A search for "opening gas ports" yielded 116 results. Look here http://forum.saiga-1...showtopic=33836 . I know it's easier for you to ask other people to solve your problems than to actually take the initiative to find the answers yourself. Furthermore, I was being helpful from my very first response in this thread. How do you think I found those links? Magic? BTW, I could have returned your vulgarity but that wouldn't have been very "helpful". Perhaps typing the exact same information off all those threads into this one, so you could read it here, would have satisfied you, but I'm just not going to do that.

if it bothers you so much that people ask questions that the answers are already here, then why comment at all? nobody twisted your arm into saying anything. if you are tired of ignorance and redundancy then why bother reading a post that seems redundant? or replying to it for that matter. This is a forum, discussion and asking questions is what its here for. excuse the hell out of me for using it.

why are you getting bent out of shape? he gave you a link to the info you wanted. what the fuck else do you want?

a silver platter? you want him to come over there and do the work for you? yes this forum is about discussing and asking questions. its not about acting like a dick because you got your feelings hurt (thats what fight club is for)

the reason he read, then replied to, the post, was to help you learn. he could have ignored you. but he still took the time to get you the info you needed. all he asked was that you try getting off your ass and do some work for yourself (my words not his). we all could have ignored you. i almost did. but no some people still had enough curtousy to help your lazy ass out.

you are excused.

• Like 1