damn they want $650 for the 308! :ded:

$500 for the shotty! :ded:

damn!

that hurts just looking at it.

would anybody actually pay that much...........................oh stupid me. they're paying $200 just for the magazines so of course some dumbass will pay $650 for one! :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

well the price might level after a few months on the brite side the value of my saigas went up as well not that I would ever,ever,ever sell them. lets face it the US $ dollar isn't worth crap anymore. Thank you Mr. Greenspan

Edited by LeadMonkey

Well it will get cheaper as the euro slip against the dollar, who know what they will be by the time they finally show up at the shops, if they do. I'm not from Missouri, but I am going to have to see it to believe it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I was jist looking at http://sksman.com/ and it has the saigas in stock it says "Now available from  Izhevsk Arsenal. Visit the Saiga page for details" So are they back or is this bs to sale their old lot.

I was at my FFL today and asked about ordering an Saiga in 7.62 x 39. He checked his computer. It said his distributor had them. He then telephoSeemsned them just to make sure. Seems the computer meant that they were taking orders for them. They don't have any and he cited the import SNAFU currently in place. Also said they have right now more than 1,000 Saiga 7.62s on back-order.

BTW, the FFL's quoted price OTD was $289 plus change.

My friendly FFL then showed me a Ruger Mini-30. Claimed it was very accurate and only $535 OTD!

Edited by Aethelbert

Good thing I got mine on layaway for $360 (22" 308). I talked to the "gun guy" at my local Home Of Economy. The Saiga 308 mags he is getting are supposed to be new imports, not leftover stock. The quantity is still limited he say's so I am going to snach up some mags when he gets them. So apparently some stuff is getting imported. He say's that 8 round Saiga 12 mags are available, but he didn't order any since people mostly buy the 5 round mags. He would special order them if someone asked.

/Just my :dollar:.02

• 3 weeks later...

Here's what one of the members of this and another Board recently had to say on RAA taking over the importation of Saiga:

07-23-2005, 11:00 AM #22

PvtPyle

WARMONGER

Trader Rating: (7)

User Info

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I spoke with Debbie last week. Half of the permits are approved and the equipment is ready to ship.

EAA told many of us at the SHOT Show who they had done business with that there was a new importer and gave us a good idea who it would be. I dont know why they would come back now and change the story....

We should have our preliminary distributor agreements and pricing next week or the first part of the following week. That ill give us a good idea of what pricing will be."

Quote from Pvt. Pyle at Guns Net on 7/23/05.

Sounds like RAA is still waiting on additional approval(s). Given the recent BATFE announcement on imported parts I have my doubts RAA will get the same licensing (exceptions) previously granted to EAA. I could be wrong but I think what we are seeing is the "official" reaction to the sunset of the ban. Time will tell.

The 7.62's and .223's can still be found at Dunhams. Buy now if you can find them. Call and travel if you must but buy them now.

Wolverine