Sign in to follow this  
tbizzle

Anybody ever use Rio ammo?

Bought a case of Rio #8 shot today for $50 and 10 boxes of 00 buck for $30.

Any of you guys ever use this stuff? Any problems?

I shoot sporting clays and skeet alot and get a deal on it at the range so I buy alot of cases of it shot threw so far 5250 rounds 0 problems

I've been happy with the 21 pellet #4 buck. Never any problems with it functioning. I'll admit i only purchased it because it was cheap ($105 for 250rds) compared to everything else. I will buy it again and i want to try out some of the other shot types from RIO, like their slugs especially.

However it doesnt fit in an MD20. But its worked flawlessly in all of my other mags.

It doesnt have a shot cup, so the spread can be a bit wider in a shorter distance then others with a shot cup.

The 00 Buck performs pretty well in my S-12 for routine blasting and having fun.

Also.. I highly recommend the Rio Armored Slugs. It's a pointed, steel core, penetrator slug.. super badass. Those are a lot of fun.

It wasn't that long ago when AA's and STS's were $4.50/box and the rio's were about $2.

Rio's are made well, but made cheaply. I.E. their target rounds are VERY soft lead with no antimony, etc.

+1 for the Rio armored slugs.

I've never fired more than a few to test them out, but I've seen postings of "box 'o truth" type tests where they went through several layers os sheet netal (car doors), hardened plate steel, and well into engine blocks. Definitely worth having on hand.

I've never fired more than a few to test them out, but I've seen postings of "box 'o truth" type tests where they went through several layers os sheet netal (car doors), hardened plate steel, and well into engine blocks. Definitely worth having on hand.

Does anyone know where to get the Rio armored slugs?

Does anyone know where to get the Rio armored slugs?

Google "Rio Royal MG slug" and you will find retailers.