which parts Wear out on a AK first?

Seeing as how parts are fairly cheap on here, I was wondering which parts on a AK74 and a Saiga12 would wear out first, and after how many rounds?

Thinking SHTF scenario..

The Tapco disconnecter is the only thing I've had any issue with.

Tapco doesn't harden their steel & I shoot a lot of 3" .00 buck (well before I began doing nothing but running this business I used to shoot a lot).

My disconnecter wore down to the point that it got really sharp & a shard broke off & hung down. This prevented the hammer's sear from engaging into the disconnecter.

I fixed it by dressing the disconnecter, but ordered & installed a new one.

Other than that, if your gun's properly tuned, springs wear & op-rods with inconsistent steel from the factory have failed.

On some guns with steel inconsistencies the carriers can crack at the female part that accepts the op-rod, but 1 russian guy kept shooting real high powered loads & got several hundred before the misalignment of the op-rod caused the op-rod to snap at the base at the end of its taper.

so would you need a new trigger assembly? How many rounds does that happen at? 2,000,000?

With me it was probably somewhere around the 8-9 thousand mark.

I do shoot a lot of high brass & everyone gets a kick out of 20rd drum dumps.

& yeah, I just dropped a new trigger & disconnecter in there.

I added the extra slot for the doublehook, so they just drop right in & my overtravel stop doesn't change.

The shoulder either right or left. :rolleyes:

I sometimes like to get a laugh out of inserting a mag of 3" magnum slugs after someone shoots a drum of #6 low brass target loads & seeing their reaction. :devil:

First time shooters are great for this...

On the other hand, I really love to give people my 30-06 1917 Enfield after they shoot the S-12...

Big dudes have taken 1 shot & just handed it back to me, never to look at it again. ^_^

Ahhh... The cutting edge ergonomics of WWI firearms... :)

Thing's damn accurate though.

But here I am drifting off into lala land off topic.