Will Saiga Rifle Wood Stocks Fit a Saiga 12 Shotgun?

Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy a set of the stock sporter configuration saiga rifle wood stock over at Mississippi Auto Arms. My question is this, Will the wood stock from a sporter configuration saiga rifle fit a sporter configuration saiga shotgun? The set is $150 so I don't want to pull the trigger until I know. I can't have a pistol grip in NY state on a shotgun... I know it sucks...

+1

The dimensions on the shotgun are much different from the rifles. I've read that some are able to take wood kits for standard saigas and whittle away at them until they fit the s12, but i'd be hard pressed to drop $150 knowing I would have to bastardize the set so it would fit.

Edited by billyjoebob

I've seen plenty of pictures of the wood sporter .308 stock sets on the S12. I believe the butt stock fits but the HG has to be modified to fit.

Look in the picture post and you should find one there.

The buttstock for any stamped receiver will fit. I've seen several 308 hg's and can let you know how much modification it takes once I get my set. Unless you want a particular custom set you could check the wts section for a take off 308 set.

Had to get back to my laptop, but I knew I saved a link there:

(Link removed...google ironwood designs)

I know some members have purchased from them, and they have stocks for converted and sporter configurations.

(Edited to remove hotlink to non business member)

Edited by billyjoebob

From what i can tell, the buttstock will fit. I compared pictures of the stock with my factory original and it looks the same. We'll see if the dimensions are the same, should be though right? Obviously the fore end won't fit. I will let you guys know and will post pics after it comes. The link to purchase is below. I will be selling the fore end if anyone is interested. $30?

http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/saiga-762x39-and-223-rifle-wood-forearm-buttstock-p-1348.html

That butt stock should bolt right on and the hand guard can be made to fit. Remember though that those are Russian made and DO NOT count towards 922r compliance. Had they been available when I was building mine I probably would have gone with them. I did the full conversion though and made a custom thumbhole stock.

Yeah, I already have the UTG fore end, a UTG vertical grip, 3 US made mags, Eotech sight, etc... I'm not worried about 922r compliance. I'm worried about a New York State trooper coming on my property and finding my S12 with an illegal pistol grip! On a related note, I am selling my Tapco T6 stock if anyone is interested?

I fitted a set of .308 wood to a Saiga-12 a while back. The forend needs some material hogged out and re-stained, as well as a new handguard screw hole and slot carved into the wood. The stock will fit as well, but needs a little bit of material rasped off at the front and bottom of it to accommodate the wishbone linkage in an unconverted S-12. It doesn't have the same shape because the 308 uses a different type of linkage in factory configuration. It is very easy to modify the stock and when you go to insert it you will see where you need to remove a little wood from.

One thing I can tell you about S-308 wood on a 12g, is that it is well worth it. It makes the gun balance very, very nicely and the grip angle is much better on the wood stock than the synthetic one. No idea why they didn't use the stock shape from the wood for the synthetic mold!

Edited by Classy Kalashnikov