CSS Bolt on sight set for the Saiga 12

We have a new bolt on sight set that comes with a HiViz fiber optic front post and raised buck horn rear available. $79.95 for the set. http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/product_p/css-sightset.htm

post-9063-0-65024100-1297646900_thumb.jpg

post-9063-0-43404300-1297646910_thumb.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd imagine that you drift punch the old sight leaf out, and do the same thing to get the new one in, like with the Kreb's sights.

That is it. Punch out the old and slide the new dovetail rear in and lock it down with the set screw.

I'd imagine that you drift punch the old sight leaf out, and do the same thing to get the new one in, like with the Kreb's sights.

That is it. Punch out the old and slide the new dovetail rear in and lock it down with the set screw.

Is it usually pretty easy to get em out?

They can be stubborn. Some people have put a small cut across the top of the rear sight to remove it.

They can be stubborn. Some people have put a small cut across the top of the rear sight to remove it.

Yeah I actually found another thread about just that on another forum

THANX!

• 1 month later...

What rifle is the front sight post from? Is it an AR-15? I'm interested in this, and would be even more interested in it with a Tritium Big Dot front to go with the buckhorn rear. I've been kicking around the idea of ordering ~$600 in parts from dinzag, but with this and a Tromix handguard I think I would be very happy for about $175.

Edited by Parf

What rifle is the front sight post from? Is it an AR-15? I'm interested in this, and would be even more interested in it with a Tritium Big Dot front to go with the buckhorn rear. I've been kicking around the idea of ordering ~$600 in parts from dinzag, but with this and a Tromix handguard I think I would be very happy for about $175.

It uses the AK47 front sight post. The tritium front sights are available.

It uses the AK47 front sight post. The tritium front sights are available.

The XS Big Dot sights for AK's use an AR-15 sight post with a replacement windage drum. I think I want a combo of Krebs front sight, and your Ramshorn rear. Would that be possible to order?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I recently added this sight set to my S-12. I want to add a red dot as well, using the AK mount. Is there an AK mount that will hold the red dot high enough, or to the left, so that I can still use the iron sights?

None of them really do and will block the sights partially. The best way is to use the quick release lever to remove the scope mount when you need the irons.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

I have a 1999 version with a rib sight. Is it more involved to replace?

You will have to remove the rib first. It is not hard to do.

OK. I'll probably call you down the road for more details - just planning ahead right now because I'm starting my first conversion. Every time I think I know what conversion kit to tell my wife to order for Christmas, I see another photo or another comment that makes me change my mind. I'm suffering information overload since joining this site.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

if i read it right, the rear sight aperture sits higher than the factory. will these sit higher than a chaos quad rail? not the extended, just the normal.

I've had this on my Saiga 12 since Feb this year along with the Chaos Warthog brake which together locks the front sight tower in place. I also have the Chaos extended quad rail but could not place the top rail on the bottom tri rail due to the rear iron sight not clearing the top rail. I could use some sort of metal spacers to clear it and then it would give me a see through for this iron sight setup so I leave the top rail off. I mainly use the tri rail for a forend grip and Streamlight tlr-4 light laser on the left side. Once I sighted this in shot placement is dead on especially with the increased 17" sight radius compared to the stock. I also replaced the fiber optic post with a tritium dot post, very bright in low light conditions. For a red dot I just lock on a Kalinka Optics BP-02, but I prefer the iron sights for quick target acquisition for home defense to hit center mass.

Edited by CAGLS