Help with flash hider options?

I don't think you can get the DPH anymore. He is supposed to be making a new model but that was months ago. Check his thread in the vendor section for updates. I got mine from a forum member who did not use it, he cut and threaded his AK instead. Here is what mine looks like and it does indeed perform well and was a snap to install. I do not want to go to the trouble of cutting on my AK, even if it is threaded.

DSC_0143.jpg

I don't think you can get the DPH anymore. He is supposed to be making a new model but that was months ago. Check his thread in the vendor section for updates. I got mine from a forum member who did not use it, he cut and threaded his AK instead. Here is what mine looks like and it does indeed perform well and was a snap to install. I do not want to go to the trouble of cutting on my AK, even if it is threaded.

DSC_0143.jpg

I use the same one and also have not had any issues with it.

First thing is to make the decision, do you want to replace the FSB or check for factory threads/thread on your barrel?

The least expense and work is, IMHO, chopping the sleeve of the original FSB to check for threads, if threaded, you're golden. Some decent choices in flash suppression/brakes to be had.

100_9073.jpg

I have factory threads and didn't want to screw with replacing the FSB.

I went with the Phantom, http://store.carolin...-PHANTOM/Detail

574552853_2039670242_0.jpg

100_9111.jpg

Edited by ChileRelleno

Thanks this helps out a lot, I will see if its threaded, I would prefer threaded. would it be worth the effort to swap out the FSB?

If you have the means to do it, Yes. It will be much beffer for muzzle attachment options. But it is a little easier to cut the existing one and see if you have threads, if not you can thread it. Many folks go that route. Its close to the same end result.

• 2 weeks later...

If it were me, and the FSB was canted, I'd still use the stock FSB. It's work but hey it's a free FSB :)

Not to mention if it's canted you have the same amount of work to do either way...

I prefer M14x1 threads to the 24mm. If you already have decided on a 24mm device then go for it. Else there are a lot more options in M14x1.

ak47heaven, once you have M14 threads there are a plethora of flash hiders you can choose from.

1. Phantom AK_Phantom_FH_LG.gif
  2. FSC47 PWS_FSC_47_L_1.jpg
  3. Vortex AK47-Vortex-2.lg.jpg
  4. Phoenix DSC01399-648x487.jpg