Form 1 help

I'm sorry :lolol: but I'm bad with acronyms. What does IANAL mean? And thanks for clearing that up. In that situation, I will always be the only one who has access to my safe/combination/NFA weapon. Heh and I don't lend my guns out, way too much liability

• 9 months later...

Ok, please help again.

Have my form 1 back approved

Was originally going to drill and tap the trunnion myself but lack engraving abilities and would like to have work done to it by a company that I cannot do.

So my question, how will this affect my form1? Will I need to apply for a form 4 and pay all over again?

Thanks, sorry for the ignorance.

Edited by AZG

The ATF says that if you never actually make the gun you can have them cancel it. But I think the option someone provided in the other thread on having someone do it for you would work better. I'm pretty sure that a form 1 conversion means your name and city is on the gun, a form 4 conversion means that the vendors name and city is on the gun.

• 10 months later...

So I filled out my form 1 for my S12 SBS. Originally I wanted to go 8" but I now want to extend it to 12 or 13.5". Ive sent my form 1 to my CLEO and he signed off on it as an 8".

My question:

How do I go about changing the length on the form? Can I just white out the 8 and put in the desired length? or do I have to fill out a whole new form 1 and send it to the cleo again? I think I remember one of the builders saying they need the form 1 just in case the barrel length was altered, they could put the correct length on there. But im not sure. Suppose I could just call the nfa and ask them but this is more fun

How do I go about changing the length on the form? Can I just white out the 8 and put in the desired length? or do I have to fill out a whole new form 1 and send it to the cleo again? I think I remember one of the builders saying they need the form 1 just in case the barrel length was altered, they could put the correct length on there. But im not sure. Suppose I could just call the nfa and ask them but this is more fun

don't mess with the form 1, or contact the CLEO or send another from 1. just write a letter to the NFA branch -

SUBJECT: CHANGE OF BARREL LENGTH AND OVERALL LENGTH.

in the body of the letter request your form 1 file number: XXXXXXXXX ( there is a stamped number on top of your form 1 that is the number they use to file it. it makes it easier for them to find it) be amendment to reflect a change in the barrel length from XX inches to XX inches and the OAL from XX inches to XX inches.

then give your entire name and address as it appears on your form 1.

the type of weapon (SBS), caliber (12Ga.) SN of the weapon, make and model.

then sign it.

might be a good idea to have the signature notarized. if you want to do that, don't sign the letter until you're in front of the notary. where you bank has a notary and they will do that for free as a service to their customers, mine does at least.

you should receive a response back that the NFAR has been amendment to reflect the new BL and OAL. copy and staple that to your copy of the form 1. again don't mess with the form 1.

if no one has told you, DO NOT CARRY AROUND THE ORIGINAL FORM 1 with your firearm. make a copy and carry that, and put the original in the safe.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1

It hasnt even been made an SBS yet or been sent off or anything.

opps, "my bad". in that case, what I would do, so that it doesn't get kicked back saying white out or scratched off correction, is not acceptable is to submit 2 new forms with the changes you want and have the CLEO sign again. just tell him you changed your mind about the lengths.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins