lots of new members

is it me or are we getting ALOT of new members? to all the new guys. WELCOME! :beer: . congradulations on youre new hobby/obsession. the saiga 12 is an awsome shotgun, and with a little work can be one of the most reliable shotguns you own. but... please....do us all a favor

DO A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING THREADS.

heres some common ones

failure to feed

failure to eject (most common)

opening gas ports.

DONT GET ME WRONG. im glad you all are here, its a great community with TONS of information.

but repeating that information on a weekly basis gets tedious.

all the info you could ever want is on this forum. its just a quick search away.

i personally learned everything i needed to know for my saiga, by simply doing a quick search of the info at hand.

also when a member who has been here awhile, gives you a link to the info, then tells you do do a search. dont jump down his throat, he gave you what you needed. he just gave you more info about the search feature (yeoldetool you know what im talking about)

again im thrilled at all the new members, and youve all come to the right place.

but please help us help you, by first taking some initiative and doing a quick search.

also to some of the senior members, lets have a little patience. i know it gets to be a PITA. but we need to remeber we where all new members once too.

i am now done with my rant :up: enjoy!

• Like 32
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

is it me or are we getting ALOT of new members? to all the new guys. WELCOME! . congradulations on youre new hobby/obsession. the saiga 12 is an awsome shotgun, and with a little work can be one of

Your too kind psl sniper (others too) this is great advise that applies to the entire forum.   I'm in education and have noticed a rapidly growing trend towards instant gratification and entitlement

Welcome to the forum and with that avatar, please post alot.

Snap, dude! I just neged you when I meant to +1 you... can 2 people make that up for me? please and thank you!

Stickied it for now...

Welcome new members. :up:

Enjoy the forum.

Keep in mind, many of us are a bunch of roughneck's & technicians .

Many of us are used to learning technical aspects of skilled work as aprentices with our preceptors about smacking us upside the head & saying "what the fuck's wrong with you!, Do it right"

Many masters lack patience.

Please don't take anything from anyone personally.

These guys have hearts of gold & will bend over backward to help you, but when reading typed text, someone who's being direct yet magnanimous, may be interpreted as hostile.

It's not.

These are machines that you're using to make explosions happen inches away from your eyes while your face is pressed against the receiver.

People here only have your, & anybody who reads the topic after you's best interests at heart.

That being said....

STAY THE HELL OUT OF POLITICAL & PLEASE LEAVE POLITICAL B.S. THERE.

Debate is debate.

We try to keep debate & technical data COMPLETELY separate.

Enjoy your stay at this, the hardest core, & arguably most innovative gun forum on the internet! :super:

PS... If you become a contributer, not only do you get sell in the WTS section, but you can see some stuff & use some features that regular members cant... :)

What??? :unsure:

Contribute & find out.;)

It's just a $5.00 donation....

• Like 2

Can anyone tell me where I can get a Saiga 12 cheap? :haha:

I've noticed since that panic buy a few weeks ago this place has really been swamped with new guys.

Here's a little search trick I always use and find myself using it instead of the forums own search function no matter what forum I'm on.

Go to Google and in the search box type,

site:forum.saiga-12.com Whats a good 12 guage defensive round? or

site:forum.saiga-12.com K-Var Nato versus Warsaw as a couple examples.

You will be provided with pages and pages of material only from the Saiga forum.

Edited by bc5000
  • Like 2

I've noticed since that panic buy a few weeks ago this place has really been swamped with new guys.

Here's a little search trick I always use and find myself using it instead of the forums own search function no matter what forum I'm on.

You will be provided with pages and pages of material only from the Saiga forum.

The problem is a lot of these newbies are to damn lazy to read, let alone search. Seems some actually want special attention.

• Like 1

I am a newbie and a lazy reader, I admit. :rolleyes: But when it comes to information regarding my newly acquired S12, I just couldn't help

reading each one of them. I don't have to start a new thread, because all I have to do is search.;)

bingo! :victory: somone get that man a cookie.

• Like 2

I have wanted an s12 for a while. I finally stumbled onto one last week. A local ffl has had one sitting on the shelf for quite some time marked higher than I was willing to pay. Well, they're closing shop and I ended up getting it for $450 out the door. Through searching and reading I already have the conversion parts on the way from CSS and a chaos Titan and hk sights ordered. Now I just have to make sure that I don't get carried away as I sure as he'll won't be wanting to pay the currently super high prices for another one!

To the newbies: The senior members have it down. When I got my S12 some years ago, I had no idea there was a forum. As a result, I didn't know about 'retrofitting' (or whatever the proper term is...). However, once I found the forum and its wealth of information, it didn't take me long to search out what I needed. I DEFINITELY appreciate the time and energy the others have put in :super: :super:

Your too kind psl sniper (others too) this is great advise that applies to the entire forum.

I'm in education and have noticed a rapidly growing trend towards instant gratification and entitlement without contributing anything, let alone effort. I don't understand it and it is of grave concern. Everything one could ask for, info wise, is in here and the search engine works good enough to access it all. If the constant repetition of basic questions (this goes way beyond the S12 threads) is an element of social media and not a question about research then I guess it makes some form of sense...and I suppose thats why the chat has been added.

All of us started from zero and have progressed in a multitude of ways...mainly by reading and more reading. Some actually enjoy reading to gain info and ideas. Knowledge is a powerful tool. When you can't find something (and you actually looked) it is natural to ask and encouraged. Plenty of helpful individuals in here are happy to steer you in the right direction.

PLEASE think/search before you type (even if you do have a drink next to your mouse). Otherwise the constant questioning without any demonstrated effort will/should get less and less help from those who have much to offer.

• Like 5

As a newbie to the forum, I would recomend kissing ass and asking dumbshit questions. You will get a better response.

actually. no. you wont. thats the whole point of this, to try and get people to stop asking the dumb/repetitive questions. the "dumbshit questions" get old. and as for ass kissing, take it somewhere else. i dont personally care if you like me, most members probably feel the same way.

however if you come here with some smart well thought out comments, you'll probably get farther.

• Like 4

I agree... I always use google to search anything on this forum. It seems to work much better. Even using the right keywords (SAIGA... and your caliber... etc) in your search, without searching just this forum, typically turns up results from s12forum.

It doesn't hurt to just go to the particular caliber/gauge's section you want info on and just reading through each page for info you want. I spent probably close to 6 months reading here before I ever even registered as a user. Just dig around for topics that seem useful, right click and open them in a new tab, and go through until you have several opened that you can read. The knowledge will not hurt you.

The problem with the repetitive newbie questions however.. is that you get piles of BS topics on top of the good stuff, that tends to discourage members from going through page after page because they see the same topics that go nowhere and all the good info gets pushed further back.

Edited by danklab
  • Like 2

Probably got something to do with my big mouth telling people about my new S 12. :rolleyes: I know at least two people who have bought them since seeing mine and more who will, and I tell them about this forum. Still LOVE mine. Don't have the time or money to play with it right now, but at least I BOUGHT it while the price was right. I'll NEVER get rid of it. Polished the innards and put it away.

Kidding aside, I bet the Sons of Guns had something to do with boosting the addicts. Jeez! They were using S 12 's for EVERYTHING in the first few episodes!

Probably got something to do with my big mouth telling people about my new S 12. :rolleyes: I know at least two people who have bought them since seeing mine and more who will, and I tell them about this forum. Still LOVE mine. Don't have the time or money to play with it right now, but at least I BOUGHT it while the price was right. I'll NEVER get rid of it. Polished the innards and put it away.

Kidding aside, I bet the Sons of Guns had something to do with boosting the addicts. Jeez! They were using S 12 's for EVERYTHING in the first few episodes!

also the atf "study". people get all worked up when they think something wont be availible anymore.

• Like 1