lots of new members

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

is it me or are we getting ALOT of new members? to all the new guys. WELCOME! . congradulations on youre new hobby/obsession. the saiga 12 is an awsome shotgun, and with a little work can be one of

Your too kind psl sniper (others too) this is great advise that applies to the entire forum.   I'm in education and have noticed a rapidly growing trend towards instant gratification and entitlement

Welcome to the forum and with that avatar, please post alot.

Another newbie here....Yeah, i think I got in just in time. I ordered from K-var in mid to late January, when they actually had S-12's in stock, and the base model was still $539.

Now they're out of stock, and I see on Gunbroker that prices are getting bidded up to $700.

So, glad I bought when I did (in a nick of time). Conversion went well (mostly Tromix parts, stuff from CSS). Just trying to find some mags now, and to figure out what kind of sights to use...(Any suggestions for either of those?)

THANKS guys...great site. Helped a ton with my conversion.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is a lot of these newbies are to damn lazy to read, let alone search. Seems some actually want special attention.

Search is kind of hard to do if you have no idea what the part/ malfunction/ problem/ etc... is called. Be kind to newbies.

BTW, I am a newbie on this forum- been lurking for a while, my Saiga 12 will be off layaway soon, and am a mod on another big name shooting sports board. This is something that bothers me is when newbies are slammed because they came to a board to get knowledge from the experts. They may not even know enough to know HOW to ask the question. Be nice to newbies. They are the future of the sport.

• Like 2

'nuther newbie here.....stumbled across saiga 12's a few months ago....discovered enough info here to decide to add one to my collection last fall....good timing--prices are now up, availability down....

have been lurking for months, reading everything i could find to do a conversion myself.....looks like pretty basic gunsmithing and fun....all my goodies are arriving in 2 shipments, later this week.....i doubt that i'll be asking dumb questions, since i've already located threads and videos that cover the whole process.....(probably won't be able to start right away--have a brand spanking new grandson about to make any appearace, so i'll be busy with that)......BUT, when i get back into my garage, will attempt to post a detailed account of my progress with photos.....

geezbo

• Like 1

'nuther newbie here.....stumbled across saiga 12's a few months ago....discovered enough info here to decide to add one to my collection last fall....good timing--prices are now up, availability down....

have been lurking for months, reading everything i could find to do a conversion myself.....looks like pretty basic gunsmithing and fun....all my goodies are arriving in 2 shipments, later this week.....i doubt that i'll be asking dumb questions, since i've already located threads and videos that cover the whole process.....(probably won't be able to start right away--have a brand spanking new grandson about to make any appearace, so i'll be busy with that)......BUT, when i get back into my garage, will attempt to post a detailed account of my progress with photos.....

geezbo

Good for you! Your style is commendable. Good luck with your new gun and your new grandson.

Sup fellas, thanx for welcoming a newbie. Ive actually been using this forum for info on my Saiga 12 for about a year, but today I finally signed up. Ordered my first MD20 Drum today for 120.....I feel so stupid for not ordering them around November last year for 75 uuugghhhh!!!!!. Gonna keep this unconverted for now because I like being able to change back to the OEM stock to give it a more sporting look. With factory furniture and a 3 round mag the S12 looks farily docile.

Can we get a forum banner up at the top of the page telling people to use the search

function before noobing up the forums?

Such a good idea. Too bad the noobs would have to read it for it to work though. :rolleyes::haha:

• Like 2

Can we get a forum banner up at the top of the page telling people to use the search

function before noobing up the forums?

Such a good idea. Too bad the noobs would have to read it for it to work though. :rolleyes::haha:

LOL...that's funny. I thought the same thing.

The problem is a lot of these newbies are to damn lazy to read, let alone search. Seems some actually want special attention.

Search is kind of hard to do if you have no idea what the part/ malfunction/ problem/ etc... is called. Be kind to newbies.

BTW, I am a newbie on this forum- been lurking for a while, my Saiga 12 will be off layaway soon, and am a mod on another big name shooting sports board. This is something that bothers me is when newbies are slammed because they came to a board to get knowledge from the experts. They may not even know enough to know HOW to ask the question. Be nice to newbies. They are the future of the sport.

well yes that was mentioned at the beginning of this thread. there you go again not searching. LOL. but seriously, if you have issues with the sight search feature, do a quick google search and youll usually get a lead to the forum. cheers.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, here comes another new guy! I stumbled across a Saiga 12 video a few months ago and got a serious case of the fever. I found one at K-Var and probably paid too much, but at least I have one. After reading a lot of conversion posts on various sites, I decided I wasn't comfortable doing the conversion myself so today I shipped it to Lone Star Arms in New Mexico. Although I'm rather mechanical, I build vintage Harleys, I decided not to fool around with things that go bang. I reviewed everything I could find on Saiga gunsmiths and it seems Lone Star is very well thought of. It appears it will be about a six week wait but from what I have read, it will be worth the wait and the money. Lone Star sure builds a series of beautiful guns, I decided to go with the "Intimidator" model. You can check the various models out at www.lonestararms.com I sure appreciate all the info the longtimers have put on this forum, it sure makes good reading and a great source of info on what will probably be a favorite gun. Fortunately, I have my own 100 yard range and can't wait to run some shells through my new toy. Thanks again for all the hard work and info.

well yes that was mentioned at the beginning of this thread. there you go again not searching. LOL. but seriously, if you have issues with the sight search feature, do a quick google search and youll usually get a lead to the forum. cheers.

No one has gotten slammed for knowing, and if they don't know what they're asking about that's even more reason to read what's already written before jumping in. I also see no issue with pointing someone in the right direction and letting them read about it instead of wasting bandwidth to rewrite posted information. Come on, there really aren't many new issues going on with these guns.
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I just want to say thank you for all of the great information you have posted here on the forums. I have been lurking on here for a few months and joined not long ago. I am in the break in and learning stage with my S12. I am planning to start converting in in the very near future and will post a pic in the thread when finished. Thanks again for all of the information and to the vendors I have ordered parts from so far.

• Like 1

Hi all, I just want to say thank you for all of the great information you have posted here on the forums. I have been lurking on here for a few months and joined not long ago. I am in the break in and learning stage with my S12. I am planning to start converting in in the very near future and will post a pic in the thread when finished. Thanks again for all of the information and to the vendors I have ordered parts from so far.

welcome

• Like 1

Longtime lurker. longtime benelli m4 owner. picked up my saiga-12 yesterday purchased from Atlantic. have been sitting on mags and conversion parts for about forty days. did the conversion today. took me seven hours and some cussing. however im pleased with it and 85% done. need to do something about sights and mount a good light. could not have done any of it without the forum.

justconverted492011.jpg

• 1 month later...

I am completely new to the forum and have yet to buy my S12. Spent a few months here browsing the forum getting a handle on the ins and outs of the modifications available. I'll say that the forum spirit and enthusiasm is great.

Today was the first day that I've been able to actually see and handle the S12 in person. A local sporting goods dealer (is it OK to name these folks?) that I was chatting with actually had ONE in stock.

The price about made me faint: $999. Thanks, but no thanks.

I'll keep looking for a better price and the word is that a dealer will show up at the next gun/knife show in my area with 2 of them. I'll check the prices on them this next week. After all the study I've done and looking at other 12 ga out there, the S12 is for me.

Again, without wearing out my intro post, I'll say that this is one of the best forums I've seen. The link to doing a Google search for forum topics will be a time-saver for sure.

• 4 weeks later...

I think most of the newbs that ask the stupid questions are new to Internet forums all together. Pretty much anyone that has been a regular on any forum knows to search and read before asking something stupid...

...they usually skip the stickys and go straight for the new thread button too...

Newb here, but not to teh intranetz

Hi everyone

• 2 weeks later...

Well, here comes another new guy! I stumbled across a Saiga 12 video a few months ago and got a serious case of the fever. I found one at K-Var and probably paid too much, but at least I have one. After reading a lot of conversion posts on various sites, I decided I wasn't comfortable doing the conversion myself so today I shipped it to Lone Star Arms in New Mexico. Although I'm rather mechanical, I build vintage Harleys, I decided not to fool around with things that go bang. I reviewed everything I could find on Saiga gunsmiths and it seems Lone Star is very well thought of. It appears it will be about a six week wait but from what I have read, it will be worth the wait and the money. Lone Star sure builds a series of beautiful guns, I decided to go with the "Intimidator" model. You can check the various models out at www.lonestararms.com I sure appreciate all the info the longtimers have put on this forum, it sure makes good reading and a great source of info on what will probably be a favorite gun. Fortunately, I have my own 100 yard range and can't wait to run some shells through my new toy. Thanks again for all the hard work and info.

Hi everyone, another new guy here in the Big D area. Moving up from a Rem 870 to an S-12, very excited about it. Very new to the S-12, but I'm jumping in with both feet and going the Lone Star Arms route as well. I pretty much decided on Mike at LSA based on the feedback I read in this forum. Looking forward to getting her in a few more weeks.

Anyone recommend a good range here in the Dallas area? Right now I'm thinking Garland is the best option.

• 3 weeks later...

Bump... Have to keep the newbie thread/topic warm, at least. haha

I've been a long time lurker and recently joined the board. Picked up my first Saiga 12 today, as well as put in an order for some conversion goodies. cool.gif

I like the look and feel of this board. I'm a long time user on a couple of other online forums, so I know how the "use the search" jazz goes. It's amazing to see that this one actually works quite well.

Bump... Have to keep the newbie thread/topic warm, at least. haha

I've been a long time lurker and recently joined the board. Picked up my first Saiga 12 today, as well as put in an order for some conversion goodies. cool.gif

I like the look and feel of this board. I'm a long time user on a couple of other online forums, so I know how the "use the search" jazz goes. It's amazing to see that this one actually works quite well.

It's a sticky so it never goes to the bottom.