lots of new members

I just joined today. I'm from Orlando, FL. I saw a saiga 12 for sale at my local range. I'm planning to buy a saiga 12 in the future but want to know all the ups and downs. I can see this forum has it all. My main concern is not buying a cheap clone or something like that specially in a pawn shop or gun show. I will continue to read and get educated in the subject. I currently own a custom Mossberg 500 but will love to have a reliable saiga. The plan is to buy a saiga 12 and if I like it I will then sell my mossberg. It will be mostly for home defense and range shooting with 00 buckshot, birshot and slugs.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

is it me or are we getting ALOT of new members? to all the new guys. WELCOME! . congradulations on youre new hobby/obsession. the saiga 12 is an awsome shotgun, and with a little work can be one of

Your too kind psl sniper (others too) this is great advise that applies to the entire forum.   I'm in education and have noticed a rapidly growing trend towards instant gratification and entitlement

Welcome to the forum and with that avatar, please post alot.

I'm pretty new here, just bought my first S-12. I've been lurking around a bit and reading just about every topic that is recent (within 3-6 months), searching for all the stuff I don't know and have questions about, and learning a lot. This is a great place for information and so far I've really only read the S-12 section...I'll have to move on to the rifle section at some point.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi my name is Chris from louisana, I have been shooting and working on guns for a long time. I just purchased my first Saiga 12 and have to say I am thoroughly enjoying it. I have been lurking here for a while and reading just about every thread on here, I just want to thank everyone for the detailed writeups and pointing me in the right direction. Will post pics of before and after when I finish the conversion this week.

Hi my name is Chris from louisana, I have been shooting and working on guns for a long time. I just purchased my first Saiga 12 and have to say I am thoroughly enjoying it. I have been lurking here for a while and reading just about every thread on here, I just want to thank everyone for the detailed writeups and pointing me in the right direction. Will post pics of before and after when I finish the conversion this week.

Welcome, Chris!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad that you have taken the time to welcome newbies such as myself and help by explaining that searching for things can be easier than starting a thread. I am new to forums and to modifying guns. My saiga 12 is the first one that I have worked on myself so this is going to be a invaluable site. If anybody would like, please feel free to check out my gallery and leave and comments or suggestions you have. Again, thank you all and I am pleased to be a member here.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Hi everyone! I'm new to the Saiga. So new that I probably won't be picking it up for a couple weeks or so (paying it off over the next couple pay checks). Anyhow, just wanted to check in as I'm sure I'll be spending plenty of time here. Not gonna keep it stock for long.

• Like 1

Hi everyone! I'm new to the Saiga. So new that I probably won't be picking it up for a couple weeks or so (paying it off over the next couple pay checks). Anyhow, just wanted to check in as I'm sure I'll be spending plenty of time here. Not gonna keep it stock for long.

Welcome to the forum!

• Like 4

Careful what ya wish for. Once you get to know me, you'll be telling me to STFU

man it still takes me awhile to fully appreciate the Saiga 12. Its russian, stamped metal components, lil slop - and HEY! WTF! twisted wire for my hammer?!

Ugh! I got the price of ammo down to about .60 per round - but blowing through 20 round drums (pro-mags) is too easy. Of course everyone on the range has to come over and beg to try it out.

I like to train practical/tactical - and trying to figure out a loadout for the Saiga 12 is tough - I cannot see it as a primary weapon due to the limited amount of mags and rounds I could carry if I was hiking. I see the Saiga as a vehicle mount or building mount weapon so you can just reach in to a locker full of mags. So I carry a glock and AR15 for the best loadout for humping.

I did have reliability issues with the pro-mag - but just like the articles suggest - just file away a tiny bit of plastic and it will fit nice and tight. Fire off a few drums and it will shave the final bits of plastic off it needs.

I am working on the stock options now, as it came with the faggity sporter stock, no pistol grip. I need to install a rail system for a red dot optic.

I did purchase the barrel shroud to protect the thin barrel of the 12 gauge on training exercises. $99 http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/ms-auto-arms-saiga-12-barrel-shroud-tube-p-627.html

I wanted the ACE left side folding stock. Out of order right now.

Glad to be here - it gets one pumped to go shooting!

Welcome new-comers! beer.gif

The evening of the election/early next morning, I was in chat and noticed 4 or 5 names I hadn't seen before. When I said "lots of new faces in here", one of the new guys seemed to take offense. Not sure why. But regardless, it's nice to see everyone.

• Like 1

Hi, Im new here and Ive got a unique situation: Im an expat living in a 3rd world country but I do have special licenses to purchase and own guns. I recently bought a Saiga-12C (which is not available in the US market) and Im looking forward to get some technical help from you guys and gals here, thanks for having me! big_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just another new guy sayin hello! I've been lurkin here for a while getting some info but finally decided to join! What a great site you guys have created. I bought my S12 about a year ago and i am on the current build list to get converted by Tony at Tromix!!!!

Probably got something to do with my big mouth telling people about my new S 12. :rolleyes: I know at least two people who have bought them since seeing mine and more who will, and I tell them about this forum. Still LOVE mine. Don't have the time or money to play with it right now, but at least I BOUGHT it while the price was right. I'll NEVER get rid of it. Polished the innards and put it away.

Kidding aside, I bet the Sons of Guns had something to do with boosting the addicts. Jeez! They were using S 12 's for EVERYTHING in the first few episodes!

also the atf "study". people get all worked up when they think something wont be availible anymore.

Someone WILL correct me if wrong..........I'm pretty sure that Red Jacket was a business member here before the show ever started.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Add one more new guy to the list. I live in the Florida panhandle and just traded for a brand new S12 yesterday. I'm no stranger to guns or shooting, but this weapon will be a new experience for me. I have browsed some of the threads and hope to use this forum as my central reference in all my Saiga escapades. Thanks for producing and contributing to this place. I'll be shooting mine for the first time on Saturday.

Probably got something to do with my big mouth telling people about my new S 12. rolleyes.gif I know at least two people who have bought them since seeing mine and more who will, and I tell them about this forum. Still LOVE mine. Don't have the time or money to play with it right now, but at least I BOUGHT it while the price was right. I'll NEVER get rid of it. Polished the innards and put it away.

Kidding aside, I bet the Sons of Guns had something to do with boosting the addicts. Jeez! They were using S 12 's for EVERYTHING in the first few episodes!

also the atf "study". people get all worked up when they think something wont be availible anymore.

Someone WILL correct me if wrong..........I'm pretty sure that Red Jacket was a business member here before the show ever started.

Yes looooooong before the show. Will was very active in the forum before the show was even thought about.

I joined the board a few weeks ago and failed to post to the new members section. I am from NE Pennsylvania and have wanted a Saiga 12 for some time. I bought my first one about a week before finding this board. Thanks to all for such an excellent resource.

I am about 50% complete with my first conversion and will post pictures when finished. I try to stop by Cabela's a couple of times per week just to see if they have anything new or interesting. If anyone would like for me to scope out anything for them while I am there, just send me a PM.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there. FNG here....I got my Saiga12 almost a year ago and have not touched it. Well I got the itch the other day and am now waiting on my order from MAA to come in. I have lurked the past few days to see what the vibe was and so far, everyone seems pretty cool. I a sure I will have a lot of questions and I am glad there is a community I can turn to! So yea....howdy!

Also new to posting here. I've had a saiga 12 for about 2 years and have just started doing my own conversion. I've finally got all the parts I need for it, and have git to the point of removing the old fcg parts. Now just two hold-ups, blasting the receiver to repaint (duracoat maybe, sounds easier than cerakote), and polish the bolt. I will be studying that thread so I don't screw it up. The rest looks pretty easy.

joined the board a few weeks ago and failed to post to the new members section. I am from NE Pennsylvania actually Hazleton, Pa google it about immgtation I am in sign business.

have wanted a Saiga 12 for some time. I bought my first one about a week before finding this board. Thanks to all for such an excellent resource.i am collecting parts now, as get ready to do my conversion. my gun is at Black Horse Armory in sugarloaf pa. getting looked over for gas ports and fixed before i start doing conversion process.

thanks

bob

FNG I live in chesterfield va. Just got my first saiga 12 a month ago. Its a Legion Saiga-12 IZSL-412. I first shot a saiga 12 in Afghanistan and was hooked. Looking to change the buttstock and muzzlebreak. Also trying to find a molot vepr 12 to add to my collection. This is a great site filled with more information then I know what to do with. You guys did a great job. Thanks for all the ideas and future projects.

Hey everyone, have been a Saiga 12 owner for a year now and frequented these forums and hope to learn a lot more by talking with others and hopefully contributing. I had an account created a year ago, but I had some issues and I could never view or access anything while logged on, weird...