Preparing quad rail for Moly-coat

"Hard coat military specification MIL-A-8625 or Type III non-reflective black"

Because I ordered the top and bottom of my quad rail seperatly I believe I got one with MIL-A-8625 (the top rail, I'm guessing because its a bit darker and slightly shinier than the bottom) and one with Type III (the bottom is slightly grayer and has the dusty sheen of annodization)

It dosent bother me that the finishes are different because I was planning to moly-resin coat everything anyway. How should I go about preping them for the moly-coat? (please assume I have all the tools to do it correctly)

They're both Type III just from different companies. Hardcoat has a sealer applied it at the end process, , which will need to be removed, paint will stick to these like they are but you'll get best results by stripping the rail by sand blasting. You could get by on just roughing the surface with blasting, but you decide to completely strip it, you will only remove half the hardcoat as we have 2 mils in and 2mils out penetration.

i just sprayed mine

degrease the parts like normal with hot soap and water then pre-heat the part and spray it as per the instructions. no problems with mine yet

not sure if you saw this yet cameron its worth a look.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=61692

Edited by mike123456