Sons of Guns review at subguns

I don't watch the show, don't even know anything about RJ. Just know they advertise some services here.

So don't shoot the messanger, but since a lot of you are RJ customers, you might take a look.

http://www.subguns.com/boards/mgmsg.cgi?read=748951

That's the heirarchy of gun forums....the VERY top... so don't start shit w/ those guys if you disagree. Respect. Or don't post.

Didn't post this so as anyone can go start shit over there. Just figured some of you would want to read it.

• Like 5
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wish I could say "sorry" to the 250-270 or so Class 3's or 07's that auditioned for this show but didn't get picked . But , I'm pretty cool with the way things worked out

I don't watch the show, don't even know anything about RJ. Just know they advertise some services here.   So don't shoot the messanger, but since a lot of you are RJ customers, you might take a loo

Talk about mistakes. You made 7 spelling mistakes, never mind grammar in just a few lines of text and you didn't have a network adviser, producer and editor screwing with anything. You should really

They made numerous mistakes calling the 37mm a "m203" and "grenade luncher" over and over. They paid $1500 for a 2-300 dollar flare launcher... They may want to check local laws on discharge of firearms and fireworks, i know its not legal in city limits here.

They dident know how to build a m2 .50 cal, and dident know how to adjust the buffer to make it run properly. Then made themselfs look bad by allowing a show on it. Not good for an 07FFL.

The cannon show they admitted to breaking laws. He said he rigged the building with tannerite the night before. Because of the legal loophole that allows us to use tannerite, you have to use it at the time of mixing, otherwise you have to meet storage requirements. IE explosive permit and storage magazine or bunker. You cant leave that stuff sitting arround mixed.

The guys at red jacket should be a little more careful, your drawing the wrong kind of attention.

Edited by mike123456
  • Like 1

Eh... I tend to like, and respect, the phrase "Your mileage may vary". So these guys on the other forum don't care for it... Meh.

I did find it odd though that the "M203" they had in the show had was indeed a 37mm. Glad I'm not the only one who noticed. Still though, such is the world of televison. Never will a show be made specifically for the hardcore guys - eveything needs to appeal to the masses. As for my opinion? I say more power to Will and his crew.

Just my opinion.

Oh, also, just had another thought. What if they didn't actually pay the amount stated on the show for the 37mm? It could be that the producers want to assign an abritrary dollar value to some of these things. Just thinking out loud tho.

Edited by CFOofEVIL

That's the heirarchy of gun forums....the VERY top... so don't start shit w/ those guys if you disagree. Respect. Or don't post.

LMFAO. "The VERY top"? The site looks like fucking Craigslist :lolol: :lolol: . I don't care where they rank on this imaginary "hierarchy of gun forums", personally.

As for posting a link to a thread where people are shit talking one of our own, and then telling people to "not start shit" and to "respect or don't post", well, that's just hilarious. I don't care enough to register and "start shit" over there, but I'm sure as hell not going to respect people on some internet forum, just because someone thinks it's the cream of the crop.

Could they at least update their forum software to look somewhat professional? I feel like signing up just so I can post a Craigslist-style ad over there. :lol:

• Like 4

The cannon show they admitted to breaking laws. He said he rigged the building with tannerite the night before. Because of the legal loophole that allows us to use tannerite, you have to use it at the time of mixing, otherwise you have to meet storage requirements. IE explosive permit and storage magazine or bunker. You cant leave that stuff sitting arround mixed.

Will has been into pyrotechnics for years. I'm sure everything he did was on the up-n-up. ;)

a lot of big class 3 guys are on subguns. maybe thats why

Maybe that's why what? That's why OP should bring that thread here, because there's class 3 guys over there?

you know, ive never really cared for what other people claim is "popular" and regardless of what negative comments about sons of guns other people have blogged on some random web site, i genuinely enjoy that show, and it made me very happy to see them repeatedly bring up saigas. i cant wait to watch the upcoming episodes

• Like 1

I don't watch the show, don't even know anything about RJ. Just know they advertise some services here.

So don't shoot the messanger, but since a lot of you are RJ customers, you might take a look.

http://www.subguns.c...cgi?read=748951

Didn't post this so as anyone can go start shit over there. Just figured some of you would want to read it.

For being the top of the heirarchy of gun forums it sure does look like shit. So I guess to be in the heirarchy the forum just needs a bunch of assholes?

:lolol:

Your going to tell me this while posting a link to a bunch of pumped up elietist assholes begging to have their opinions justified by some kind of negativity fueled circle jerk?

I think we have a few members that would fit in great over there! we must be dangerously close to becoming eliete by the fact that we have already had multiple threads like this!

ETA: I'm already being proven right!

Edited by Nailbomb
Victory!

I liked the following comment....

quote- That show is powerful gay. - NTXT -- BCR #666 The Devil -- 2/15/11 18:50

:devil:;):lolol:

Honestly, I can't watch the show. I got a few minutes into the last episode and became extremely annoyed. Will seems like a great guy who knows what he is doing, but some aspects of the show just rub me the wrong way. Such as the part where the helper jumped in the creek and acted like he was spec ops. It wasn't funny or cool at all. That was the gayest of the "powerful gay" moments. However, I an glad to see someone with like interests such as Will getting some airtime, but some of the content is questionable and doesn't seem like it was given much thought, IMO. Maybe with a little feedback, Will can get the thing going in a better direction.

Also, how does an "AR guy" build more than 1 AR and forget to install the same part on every one of them? Doesn't seem like he is very well versed on building ARs. What else might he forget or overlook? Just a thought....

For those of you with soft and moist lips. Flame me if you will, but others have given their opinions and these are mine.

I wish I could say "sorry" to the 250-270 or so Class 3's or 07's that auditioned for this show but didn't get picked . But , I'm pretty cool with the way things worked out ;)

You know what opinions are like Will. Sounds like a lot of sour grapes have been eaten by some.

Personally, I like the show a lot. But then I'm the kind that knows when to just sit back and enjoy the ride.

My best to you and the entire crew at Red Jacket!

• Like 4
But , I'm pretty cool with the way things worked out ;)

...and its great that you got the gig, but I'd rather see it more as a documentory on your work and the showing off of cool ass guns rather than a 'scripted' reality show. Unfortunately I know people who don't know anything about guns, and the bad scripts are what get them to watch the show. You give a little, you take (and fake) a little, and you hope for good ratings.

I can tell ya this with certainty - I am glad Will got the show, and not some other outfit i used to work with that was too paranoid to even let the camera crew on the property to audition them. Im glad Will is the one getting the money. Great dude that does know his shit.

Im just waiting for Will to build a gatling s-12 with a hopper feed. Bill and I gave up on that project due to issues making a cooling housing the full length of the barrel and gas system. the saiga does gravity feed reliably once you keep the shells from jumping around in the feed tower......

....Im pretty sure a 200 round burst out of a shotgun will turn some heads at the range....

as for the moaning and groaning folks, well, this is the gun world. 95% of the members of this community are fucking shitheads anyhow.

then again, i cant really talk, because i often go to shops and test the people there with the 5.56 vs .223 argument....kinda like getting banned from a couple different home improvement stores for tearing managers a new one because they dont know what the fuck 5/4 is or why they need to stock mason lime. why would i want to mix my own stucco, ya know/ 12 7 and 4...ill just use portland for the four shovels of lime thats supposed to be in there.....yeh RIGHT

you can fix stupid, but you cant fix moron.

• Like 2

I like the show.

If you've ever been interviewed on the news or anything, you know just how much "reality" is warped by even simple editing. Add to that the producers sucking up and asking... "Could you do it again, but this time..." etc.

We're watching weeks of work edited down into 30 minutes. So most everything "wrong" is just simplifications and gloss-overs for a mass audience. I don't even believe the bullet holes in the targets unless I see them being made in one continuous shot. The instant there's a cut, that next image could be from weeks later, or weeks earlier etc.

Just like the scene where Kris is told to re-paint the carbon fiber free-floats on the Katana AR's. (Do you even really need to paint them?) Then they cut to the paint booth where Kris is obviously spraygunning a Saiga 12 barreled receiver, just for the sake of having "something" to throw up on the screen.

That's just one small example. EVERYTHING on TV even "reality" TV is quasi-fake like that. It's just the nature of the medium. And people just subconsciously accept what they see as being "how it happened". Well It's not.

And I thought the homage to Chuck Norris/Sylvester Stallone, rising out of the water with the integrally suppressed AK was funny as hell. 021.gif

Then again, I'd probably wear a monkey mask and a bikini and dance on TV for what Red Jacket is making in extra income from the show. I'll wager most of you would too. 000.gif

Edited by AJ Dual
  • Like 3

I like the show.

If you've ever been interviewed on the news or anything, you know just how much "reality" is warped by even simple editing. Add to that the producers sucking up and asking... "Could you do it again, but this time..." etc.

We're watching weeks of work edited down into 30 minutes. So most everything "wrong" is just simplifications and gloss-overs for a mass audience. I don't even believe the bullet holes in the targets unless I see them being made in one continuous shot. The instant there's a cut, that next image could be from weeks later, or weeks earlier etc.

Just like the scene where Kris is told to re-paint the carbon fiber free-floats on the Katana AR's. (Do you even really need to paint them?) Then they cut to the paint booth where Kris is obviously spraygunning a Saiga 12 barreled receiver, just for the sake of having "something" to throw up on the screen.

That's just one small example. EVERYTHING on TV even "reality" TV is quasi-fake like that. It's just the nature of the medium. And people just subconsciously accept what they see as being "how it happened". Well It's not.

And I thought the homage to Chuck Norris/Sylvester Stallone, rising out of the water with the integrally suppressed AK was funny as hell. 021.gif

Then again, I'd probably wear a monkey mask and a bikini and dance on TV for what Red Jacket is making in extra income from the show. I'll wager most of you would too. 000.gif

You hit the nail right on the head AJ and FUCK all you haters. You know you'd sell your mother's ass on Broadway for the opportunity that R.J. has been given. Big props to Will for the show and continuing to hang out here.

I'll be in front of the TV tonight watching.

• Like 2

They made numerous mistakes calling the 37mm a "m203" and "grenade luncher" over and over. They paid $1500 for a 2-300 dollar flare launcher... They may want to check local laws on discharge of firearms and fireworks, i know its not legal in city limits here.

They dident know how to build a m2 .50 cal, and dident know how to adjust the buffer to make it run properly. Then made themselfs look bad by allowing a show on it. Not good for an 07FFL.

The guys at red jacket should be a little more careful, your drawing the wrong kind of attention.

Talk about mistakes. You made 7 spelling mistakes, never mind grammar in just a few lines of text and you didn't have a network adviser, producer and editor screwing with anything. You should really try to grasp the concept of TV and clean up your own back yard before you start throwing shit around. Oh, and so you don't continue to look like a complete dumb ass, the word is didn't.

Have a great day. :D

• Like 8

Damn can't believe you posted something like that. I am new here, but that was shameful. Would be a good candidate for the wall.

Oh yeah?

Red Jacket does Saiga conversions. Red Jacket is a Saiga-forum advertiser. The thread on Subguns.com is about Red Jacket.

Which made my post Saiga related. Having a hard time figuring that out?

Being that Red Jacket is part of this forum, and the thread was about him, I thought people here would want to see the link. That's why I posted it.

As far as me saying have some respect...I was trying to avoid a board-to-board flame war.

Stick that in your "Wall"

• Like 3

Don't know you, sir. But I'll bet that many of us would be grateful if you didn't... 021.gif

Agree 100% with the post. More power to you, Will for having the guts and the ability to step out there and do it. Good for you, sir. Everyone else that doesn't like it, or is jealous, can shove off.

• Like 1

Damn can't believe you posted something like that. I am new here, but that was shameful. Would be a good candidate for the wall.

Oh yeah?

Red Jacket does Saiga conversions. Red Jacket is a Saiga-forum advertiser. The thread on Subguns.com is about Red Jacket.

Being that Red Jacket is part of this forum, and the thread was about him, I thought people here would want to see the link. That's why I posted it.

As far as me saying have some respect...I was trying to avoid a board-to-board flame war.

You're telling me you posted a link to a Criagslist ad ( :lolol: ) filled with shit-talking, and then go on to say you were also trying to avoid a board-to-board flame war? That's like saying "I'm going to pour gasoline on this fire, but I don't want the fire to get any bigger". :rolleyes:

Here's a random link to some more exciting posts on Subguns: Click me

• Like 3

Oh yeah?

You're telling me you posted a link to a Criagslist ad ( :lolol: ) filled with shit-talking, and then go on to say you were also trying to avoid a board-to-board flame war? That's like saying "I'm going to pour gasoline on this fire, but I don't want the fire to get any bigger". :rolleyes:

Here's a random link to some more exciting posts on Subguns: Click me

Almost as classic as King Armory's Gunbroker gig.

Maybe poor old subguns wants to capitalize on the Saiga traffic... Saigas are big news lately.

Oh yeah?

ROFL that is too funny, love this forum :D