Sons of Guns review at subguns

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wish I could say "sorry" to the 250-270 or so Class 3's or 07's that auditioned for this show but didn't get picked . But , I'm pretty cool with the way things worked out

I don't watch the show, don't even know anything about RJ. Just know they advertise some services here.   So don't shoot the messanger, but since a lot of you are RJ customers, you might take a loo

Talk about mistakes. You made 7 spelling mistakes, never mind grammar in just a few lines of text and you didn't have a network adviser, producer and editor screwing with anything. You should really

I could not get over how laid out and clean that shop was.

We have the same size shop with all the same equip (CNC's, Bridgports, saws, etc, etc, etc, maybe even a little more) and you can hardly walk around in our place....fighting for counterspace when we are doing a build. From tank parts to mini gun parts to pistol parts, packed up to the cielings.

Too much, way too much parts inventory :rolleyes:

Will we ever see them run some items through the ringer that us common folk can acquire? Also, are any of the Saiga conversions actually done by Will or is he just the duty delegator, toy tester, troubleshooter, and QC man? All are absolutely key to success, but it just seems like Chris and ? are the only ones who actually put paws on the normal stuff. Chris has never owned an AK? (the last show would have it appear to be the correct). That does not build customer confidence. +1 for Will not letting him do anything that Will can't fix, but the bumbling on the show and some personal experiences lately have completely turned me off of sending anything else out. I cringe at the thought of it being my weapon that they are bumbling on. However, I have only sent a few things out in the nearly 20 years that I have been a gun owner and my money will certainly not make or break RJF, so carry on. I'm sure that business has went through the roof for them lately due to the exposure and with the reputation RJ has, they have apparently been doing something right. +1 for the operation as a whole, but not with my weapon.

For the record, I watched the whole show and decided that I do like it. I found it "educational" to say the very least and laughed a lot. It made me feel better.

yeah , I've noticed they don't show our machine shop or the 8 guy's working the production line or any of the day to day stuff . boring I guess . I talked to Paul Jr. the other day , he laughed , same thing with the OCC show . They just focus cameras on the "one" thing and " cast " ignore the 50-100 bikes and mechanic's off to the side that are actually what's paying the bill's on the place .

• Like 2

From the haters.."Shhhh... everybody quick! Wills here! Run away and don't ask any questions!"

Will, very entertaining show. You've got a great staff and I truly enjoy the fact that you don't run around screaming your head off at your employees (I'm sure they appreciate it to!). Your moral compass is excellent and I really appreciate you not forgetting the older vets. I don't care if you use drills, grinders or a frickin chainsaw to do your builds......they still look great!

keep up the awesome work and if your ever in this neck of the woods, drinks are on me!

I don't watch the show, don't even know anything about RJ. Just know they advertise some services here.

So don't shoot the messanger, but since a lot of you are RJ customers, you might take a look.

http://www.subguns.com/boards/mgmsg.cgi?read=748951

That's the heirarchy of gun forums....the VERY top... so don't start shit w/ those guys if you disagree. Respect. Or don't post.

Didn't post this so as anyone can go start shit over there. Just figured some of you would want to read it.

Hey man , I have one of your MAC kit's here that we're installing for a customer . Pretty neat .

• Like 5

From the haters.."Shhhh... everybody quick! Wills here! Run away and don't ask any questions!"

Will, very entertaining show. You've got a great staff and I truly enjoy the fact that you don't run around screaming your head off at your employees (I'm sure they appreciate it to!). Your moral compass is excellent and I really appreciate you not forgetting the older vets. I don't care if you use drills, grinders or a frickin chainsaw to do your builds......they still look great!

keep up the awesome work and if your ever in this neck of the woods, drinks are on me!

I couldn't figure it out for a minute , " Chainsaw's...? " lol , I think I get it . Picture a test audience going to sleep as a CNC turn's . And that's all she wrote about that . They like to see us do as much by hand as possible . I'm glad you enjoy our show ,we're working hard to make it .

• Like 2

I don't watch the show, don't even know anything about RJ. Just know they advertise some services here.

So don't shoot the messanger, but since a lot of you are RJ customers, you might take a look.

That's the heirarchy of gun forums....the VERY top... so don't start shit w/ those guys if you disagree. Respect. Or don't post.

Didn't post this so as anyone can go start shit over there. Just figured some of you would want to read it.

Hey man , I have one of your MAC kit's here that we're installing for a customer . Pretty neat .

Man, your shop is off-the-hook!!!

Tons of walk around room to move, nice tables, really neat setup. I got to wade through ten tons of crap to get anywhere....it's a frickin' nightmare.

I think I'm gonna send you a resume :D

Dude, you clearly have a tremendously negative attitude and the propensity to believe that everything has an uderlying destructive impact. Your best bet is to stock up on all of your ammo (at least 10,000 rnd per cal.) and MREs (at least 3 yrs. supply), dig a shelter into your back yard that can sustain you and the other morons dumb enough to get into your arc and disconnect yourself from the "grid". Someone is obviously coming to get us/you.

FFS :lolol:

+1 :haha:

Its good to see bridis and zombie slayer both are getting a good education at elementary schools that provide free internet and laptops.

But go ahead and feel free to come at me with some FACTS anytime you wish, till then, you open your mouth to speak, and only shit comes out..

ahhhhhhh...........Frick is back on the scene..........

Been a long time, Frick......you may not have picked the best time to come back to this forum, pal.... These days, guys who degenerate into what your usual pattern has always been don't last very long...... I'm guessing you don't really care about that, though.....after all, you may well be able to "educate" some of us before you get your ass booted out of here..........

This will likely be entertaining........ for a short period of time. Unless, of course, you've reformed in your absence and are no longer an overmouthed, condescending piece of shit.......... We'll know pretty shortly, I'm thinking..........

• Like 3

The respect you gave the MOH Marine and the way you treated him in your Flamethrower segment was noteworthy in My Book. I also like seeing the Saiga get some attention and especially when it is in a manner that the home-gun-owner might actually use....But the basic Plus you get is for the Vet treatment. 10 Saiga-Bonus Points for that my Cajun Friends.

• Like 2

The respect you gave the MOH Marine and the way you treated him in your Flamethrower segment was noteworthy in My Book. I also like seeing the Saiga get some attention and especially when it is in a manner that the home-gun-owner might actually use....But the basic Plus you get is for the Vet treatment. 10 Saiga-Bonus Points for that my Cajun Friends.

Amen, brother. Funny how nobody else pointed that out.

• Like 1

Mr. Hershel is a heck of a man as well as being one hell of a Marine . We didn't come close to doing him justice . Will

• Like 7

I wish I could say "sorry" to the 250-270 or so Class 3's or 07's that auditioned for this show but didn't get picked . But , I'm pretty cool with the way things worked out ;)

Will its lonely at the top! Lots of assholes with a whole lot of envy, fuckem! :super:

I checked out the site, thats top site, reaaallllllyyyyyyy! Bullshit buddy! I don't personally care how many class whatever's are on there, all they have is an opinion just like everyone else, which is worth about as much as the next guy, there ani't no Henry Fords, or Thomas Edison's over there. Its easy it to criticize those who realize.

• Like 1

As i member of the Reenacting community (albeit a not the same time period) i thought it was awesome that you guys over there at RJ put your time an skills into that bazooka project. That thing was incredible! and props for takin a direct hit from that thing. cant say i woulda been the first one to jump right up in front of it. keep up the good work! Love the show!

I checked out the site, thats top site, reaaallllllyyyyyyy! Bullshit buddy!

Respectfully Cameron, if you do not know the NFA knowledge on subguns and sturmgewher, I don't even know what to tell you.

This Saiga site, is by far the best sight in regard to siagas, bar none.

But the NFA boards do not single one gun out....it encomasses all of them, no matter how rare.

Whether it be turning your registerd Sten machingun into a Sterling, turning your G3 into a V51, NFA laws, NFA proceedurals, etc, etc, etc, etc,.

I don't personally care how many class whatever's are on there, all they have is an opinion just like everyone else, which is worth about as much as the next guy, there ani't no Henry Fords, or Thomas Edison's over there.

Afraid there are indeed some Henry Fords on there. The top Class 2 designers and manufacturers, class 3-dealers, and Class 3 guys with world class collections are on there to help.

You obviously never had a use for the NFA board, if you had, you would see that you're assesment is not valid

I love all the episodes so far.. well executed!!! Great job Will and team!

I have watched all of the shows by know, and am enjoying them thoughoughly.

Will and his top guy (tattoo guy) are sharp builders. The mohawk is slowly growing on me.

I was really impressed with the AK/SD. I would have loved to see the intracasese of the design, but that is trade secrets. The designer in me was wanting to know regardless, lol.

About 20 years ago, we built a 9mm M16/SD. Used different baffles than HK and heavily modified the barrel. Was actually quieter than the HK/SD by a little. THose are the fun projects, the 'one offs'. Production line items suck.

And then the M2/Ma Duece show brought back all kinds of forgotten memories. ONe of the owners in the shop is one of the top-M2/1919 guys in the country. We used to build up dozens of 19191's and a few M2's back in the day. Never forget mounting them to his quad-mount and taking then down to knob creek.

Will's last show brought back all kinds of great memories for me.

I love the show, just wish I knew more what was going on, out of my designer curiosity....but again, those are trade secrets we would not be sharing either.

And again, I have never seen a better laid out Class-2 shop.....ever!

Keep up the good work!

Edited by C&S Metall-Werkes

Will we ever see them run some items through the ringer that us common folk can acquire? Also, are any of the Saiga conversions actually done by Will or is he just the duty delegator, toy tester, troubleshooter, and QC man? All are absolutely key to success, but it just seems like Chris and ? are the only ones who actually put paws on the normal stuff. Chris has never owned an AK? (the last show would have it appear to be the correct). That does not build customer confidence. +1 for Will not letting him do anything that Will can't fix, but the bumbling on the show and some personal experiences lately have completely turned me off of sending anything else out. I cringe at the thought of it being my weapon that they are bumbling on. However, I have only sent a few things out in the nearly 20 years that I have been a gun owner and my money will certainly not make or break RJF, so carry on. I'm sure that business has went through the roof for them lately due to the exposure and with the reputation RJ has, they have apparently been doing something right. +1 for the operation as a whole, but not with my weapon.

For the record, I watched the whole show and decided that I do like it. I found it "educational" to say the very least and laughed a lot. It made me feel better.

yeah , I've noticed they don't show our machine shop or the 8 guy's working the production line or any of the day to day stuff . boring I guess . I talked to Paul Jr. the other day , he laughed , same thing with the OCC show . They just focus cameras on the "one" thing and " cast " ignore the 50-100 bikes and mechanic's off to the side that are actually what's paying the bill's on the place .

Will,

Sad thing is that people who do not know you are inclined to base their opinion or assessment of things based on what they see on the show. I'm just not as good at "playing the game" as you are. Maybe I'm just not that smart as the whole purpose of most businesses is purely to generate profit and I have been known to tell paying customers to walk with their bad designs and ideas. I care about my image in my industry more than the immediate money. It may be a self inflicted curse :ph34r: