5.45 and 308 conv./S

SO I CONVERTED THE 554 WITH NO BIG ISSUES ,HOWEVER THE 308 IS PROVING MORE DIFFICULT .i got my 545 parts from ak-builder darren and used tapco fcg.but went back for another fcg for my 308 and he only had arsenal so i got that.well i realized when installing that it doesnt come with the sleeve,and after trying to jam the disconnector spring up into the disconnector i couldnt get the trigger pin to slide thru the trigger.so i just switche dout the 545 trigger(tapco) and put it into the 308 but there is a lil wobble side to side (trigger goes side to saide 1/8 " or so /......any opinions

SO I CONVERTED THE 554 WITH NO BIG ISSUES ,HOWEVER THE 308 IS PROVING MORE DIFFICULT .i got my 545 parts from ak-builder darren and used tapco fcg.but went back for another fcg for my 308 and he only had arsenal so i got that.well i realized when installing that it doesnt come with the sleeve,and after trying to jam the disconnector spring up into the disconnector i couldnt get the trigger pin to slide thru the trigger.so i just switche dout the 545 trigger(tapco) and put it into the 308 but there is a lil wobble side to side (trigger goes side to saide 1/8 " or so /......any opinions

The Tapco will not work in the 308 without grinding the hammer. (It will not strike the firing pin, but will instead hit the crossbar). Also, you need a little washer or something else to keep the trigger assembly from sliding too much side to side.

I use an appropriately sized brass punch as a slave pin when installing an Arsenal FCG. You can press it in from the other side of the receiver. Then you can knock it out with the axis pin. With a little practice, the absence of the sleeve becomes not a big deal.

thanks jim.i had to cut on the arsenal hammer also........i tried your technique with 2 trigger pins but couldnt get it done (i wa sby myself)....the arsenal disc. had to be drilled out for the spring to fit into it too,but i think its still too long to fit in there properly

thanks jim.i had to cut on the arsenal hammer also........i tried your technique with 2 trigger pins but couldnt get it done (i wa sby myself)....the arsenal disc. had to be drilled out for the spring to fit into it too,but i think its still too long to fit in there properly

I think you are making a mistake if you are drilling out the Arsenal disconnector.

the hole in the disconnector was oblong,there was no way my factory spring would fit in it.im wondering how long the spring is that you can order for the new disconnector is?also the factory disc. spring looks too thick(large) to fit in the small indent in the trigger properly (wont seat completely). so what i did was take an old firing spring out of my parts box and cut it to fit and was able to get the fcg back in and seems to work great

onto the next problem;the rear tail of the disc. touches the rear triggerv guard screw after you release the trigger(not sure if that'll matter,and dont remember if the tapco disc. touched it before i switched it out

final problem is after getting fcg back in and usingretainerplate to hold pins in the safety selector wont go back in as it hits the back of the disconnector(which may be because the triggerguard screw wont let it go down backwards far enough,or do you push the disc. FORWARD when swinging the safety back in............maybe i drilled the screwhole in the wrong place.............but i dont think so because the thing ran great with the tapco fcg..............ill prolly end up gettin another tapco fcg