KVar Bulgarian AK333 FSB no threads...

if you want 14mm threads, just remove part of the shroud and thread. if you are going to change your front sight block, you might want to go with the threaded bulgarian blocks. would save some effort. There are several threads on cutting back the shroud.

Also some of the 2009 model x39s have pre-threaded barrels (14mm) under the shroud.

Thank you. 14X1 LH hider/brake is already purchased, and I hate the 74 brakes, don't ask me why. Has anyone installed the brake above?

Had it. Sold it. I think it works pretty well at reducing muzzle rise. I can't say it made my follow up shots any faster though, as the noise and concussion made me blink/flinch every time. Every shot was like being hit in the face/earholed with a pillow. I imagine if you had to shoot it without hearing protection, your ears would bleed and your jellified brain would drain out. The first time I fired it, I was only wearing earplugs. I also regularly shoot my 308 with only earplugs with no ill effects. The first shot with the FSC 47 made my ears ring.

I didn't think the compensation was necessary for x39. Or at least wasn't a good trade off for the blast you feel. Muzzle rise is obnoxious on these rifles, but the recoil isn't really that bad. I think there are better ways to fight muzzle rise and flash without the downsides of a brake. Anything designed to do more than one thing is going to be a compromise.

I wasn't impressed with the flash hiding capabilities either. Other people like it. Maybe just because they already paid $ for it. I don't know. Just my opinion.

I'm not the only one who dislikes the FSC line though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTnmn4wZFXs

Note the sparks the brake throws back toward the shooter. Those sparks are riding on 100% pure noise.

Another thread on the FSC and its blast. http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=61819 Granted, this is also 556 vs 47, but there are a lot more AR people with expensive toys than AK people.

Edited by Dudethebagman