DELETE EPIC NEWS?!!! Saiga 12S EXP-01-030 comning to USA&#

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good boy!! Now eat your broccoli and do your homework. Then you can play Nintendo for 30 minutes.

there was never an ATF ban and that isn't in the factory configuration.   after getting fucked in the ass for $1500 i don't think i could walk to the range....

I wish I would have seen your post before I wasted the guys time emailing him.For that price,no thanks.

Posted Images

The minute you fire, or booger with a factory gun, you have killed its collector value, but don't trust me, go buy a NIB Polytech legend, and swap out the factory wood, for some US made plastic stuff, put a few hundred rounds through it, and Kryloflage it, then see what you get on resale.

The minute you fire, or booger with a factory gun, you have killed its collector value, but don't trust me, go buy a NIB Polytech legend, and swap out the factory wood, for some US made plastic stuff, put a few hundred rounds through it, and Kryloflage it, then see what you get on resale.

Not always though. For example, if you convert this gun through a reputable source to be as accurate as possible to the un-neutered Saiga 030 and keep it in pristine condition, it will likely increase in value as that's what most people are wanting to do with it anyway. If you do a hack job, put on furniture that doesn't belong, shoot the crap out of it, and/or paint it then yes I agree.

Edited by Jeep297

buy a R&R targets magwell or someone elses for that price.

The 8rd russian magwell mags will be impossible to find and cost something like $200ea. Dont want.

They can be purchased from "RusMilitary" on there "ak_accessories.htm" webpage... Sorry, cannot put a link up, but if you google the exact two quotes, pick the first option. Otherwise you will not get to the correct page easily.

For 115$ each(89UKpounds x 1.6 - 20%VAT)... too much for some forum members blood, but others don't care so much.

In the venerable words of Humpty Hump, "Do what you like..." :)

Edited by lokmeup

For 115$ each(89UKpounds x 1.6 - 20%VAT)... too much for some forum members blood, but others don't care so much.

In the venerable words of Humpty Hump, "Do what you like..." :)

they are sold out and you have to add shipping.

even those require fitting so why not go with a magwell for an standard saiga and cheaper mags? You'll save $900 on the gun and over $80 per mag.

Edited by mike123456

they are sold out and you have to add shipping.

Nope, you can buy them right now if you go to the above described web page.

even those require fitting so why not go with a magwell for an standard saiga and cheaper mags? You'll save $900 on the gun and over $80 per mag.

ALL MAGS REQUIRE FITTING FOR ANY MAGWELL.... Don't kid yourself.

If you don't buy a Saiga 12s exp-01-030... you'll NEVER have one. Just because you modify a v6 Mustang to be faster than a Shelby Cobra, a Cobra it does not make.

But like others have said... its your money, spend it how you like. If you want a v6 Cobra eater... go for it :)

Edited by lokmeup

The car analogy is a good one.

Some guys want to build it, and do amazing work better than the factory. (Saigatech would be one such artist. Amazing work.)

Some guys don't care and will buy the best name out there.

Some guys want to pay others to build it. They want to beat the big well known names.

Some don't have the cash for the big names and cobble together what we can to the best of our ability and do tons of research on forums to do the best job with what we have. This place is filled with guys from each level... but mostly the last. Luckily we have great vendors here who can help us with the bits we can whittle out with a dremel, or buy at the Ace Hardware in BFE.

In any case, this is food for thought.

lokmeup,

Are you talking about the mags or the wells? The mags say out of stock while the wells are available.

Also, can anyone tell me if the 030's magwells are riveted on or are they attached with a screw threaded into the receiver?

lokmeup,

Are you talking about the mags or the wells? The mags say out of stock while the wells are available.

Also, can anyone tell me if the 030's magwells are riveted on or are they attached with a screw threaded into the receiver?

This would be so much easier IF we could post a link. The c-deact_magazines.htm webpage is the wrong one. The web page you want is Googled: RusMilitary ak_accessories.htm , click on the first option. Oleg from RusMilitary does not allow you to select the BUY button if the mags are not in stock or at the very least on-order/in-transit. I don't care either way. I can wait for 8 rounders while I play with the factory fives and modify some of my AGPs :)

ok here is my take on it. a hinged dust cover and rails 220 dollars chaos full length four sides. auto plug 40 dollars. mag well 100 dollars. 30 dollar agp or 40 dollar surefire and a file drop free. so about 300 bucks and the only thing your missing is lrbho so unless those are a 600 dollar item when they get released it sounds like this model is not worth it unless for collector purposes. If you have the money and are a original factory kind of guy I could see why you would be exited. I am exited about them not because I am going to buy one now but who knows maybe someone that does might fall on hard times and the saiga gods will smile on me and I will be around with 600 hundred dollars cash.

ok here is my take on it. a hinged dust cover and rails 220 dollars chaos full length four sides. auto plug 40 dollars. mag well 100 dollars. 30 dollar agp or 40 dollar surefire and a file drop free. so about 300 bucks and the only thing your missing is lrbho so unless those are a 600 dollar item when they get released it sounds like this model is not worth it unless for collector purposes. If you have the money and are a original factory kind of guy I could see why you would be exited. I am exited about them not because I am going to buy one now but who knows maybe someone that does might fall on hard times and the saiga gods will smile on me and I will be around with 600 hundred dollars cash.

This is definitely more about the fact it comes like this straight from Russia which makes it much more desirable that building something yourself. Sorry but you'll never see these much cheaper than what they are now unless you're unbelievably lucky and someone sells one in an estate sale without knowing what it is. They cost $1000 before you even include import fees and dealer markup. They're selling fast enough without even being in the country yet.

PM SENT.. anyone else, just PM me.

Maybe I'm still missing something. Everything on his website has a "buy" option but about 1/3 of the stuff says <sold out>.

You must be on the wrong web page... PM sent.

Care to PM me that info as well?

Thanks

Eric

Edited by lokmeup

Yeah, Chaos is coming out with the full rail systems, but they are not the same as this, by any means. The factory gas block on the true 030 also beats the shit out of simply running a cheap auto plug, in both looks and function, especially considering it is a railed front sight gas block. AK rear sight (costs $250 from dinzag on a standard S12 if you can't do it yourself) AK handguards from the factory, not some rigged up shit. Removable gas tube (I beleive). Factory hinged top cover.

The factory front end alone makes it worth the price to me. Some people just don't understand and cannot appreciate what this is. I'm still thinking about buying one. I would gladly sell one of my converted S12's and a factory S12 to pay for this beauty. And if I do buy one, the magwell will come off and an AK100 poly folder will be added. :smoke:

post-7122-0-24590100-1298167681_thumb.jpg

Edited by KC913

lokmeup,

The reciever requires some machining for this MW The front is attacked in a slot in the reciever using screw with a slotted head.

Yeah, Chaos is coming out with the full rail systems, but they are not the same as this, by any means. The factory gas block on the true 030 also beats the shit out of simply running a cheap auto plug, in both looks and function, especially considering it is a railed front sight gas block. AK rear sight (costs $250 from dinzag on a standard S12 if you can't do it yourself) AK handguards from the factory, not some rigged up shit. Removable gas tube (I beleive). Factory hinged top cover.

The factory front end alone makes it worth the price to me. Some people just don't understand and cannot appreciate what this is. I'm still thinking about buying one. I would gladly sell one of my converted S12's and a factory S12 to pay for this beauty. And if I do buy one, the magwell will come off and an AK100 poly folder will be added. :smoke:

Russian Magwells are not as nice underneath as Jack Travers models. Double check with Cobra, but I believe it's a nightmare under that thing and DOES NOT accept rock and lock again without big fixes.

Russian Magwells are not as nice underneath as Jack Travers models. Double check with Cobra, but I believe it's a nightmare under that thing and DOES NOT accept rock and lock again without big fixes.

It does require several machining operations

No worry

It can be returned to original in about 30 minutes. :super:

Also will someone please show me some rigged up, hacked up guns people keep talking about ?

Anyone?

I don't know about where you guys live but in Texas all this stuff is available at your local walmart

Img_0676.jpg

All kidding aside, look at the cost comparison of the 12c's, which 500 were imported. When they came in they were priced at about $500 and a couple years later they were going for 4x's that.

Edited by quest84
  • Like 1

Cripes... MODS forgive me but this thing about not posting links just SUX!!

Mods don't make the rules.. we simply enforce them..

Perhaps someone should suggest to them that they become buisness members here... think of the traffic they would get from this thread alone.

$100 a month would be a huge chunk of his profit margins for the small amount of business he does. If anything I'd suggest he go over to ARFCOM seeing as it seems sagias aren't his only revenue. The owner of this site is making a pretty decent side paycheck for the amount of business members and donations that come in already.