I just ordered a Saiga 12S EXP-01-030 in the USA ! ! !

If that's true, then we're stuck with one five-round mag and whatever other mags we can find at over $100 a pop. I wonder if this version becomes available in the US (without the offending bottom rail) if someone here will start making mags to fit, or if more will be imported.

You're thinking too hard about this... If you want to run any American mag, then just remove the magwell and slightly modify the bottom of the receiver. This has already been discussed in the other thread.

Thanks, I read the other thread. But can you do this and reinstall the Russian magwell later?

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It just seems a bit ridiculous that he can't make a note on his website or on the forum that he'll be away for a week and not answering emails/calls, especially since he's collected at least $63,000 o

I just got an email update the other day and things are definitely progressing. Impatient sarcastic smartasses will be eating their words before too much longer apparently. Aside from waiting on th

I just ordered a Saiga 12S EXP-01-030 ! ! ! In the USA ! ! !   I thought I would share some GREAT news! I just placed my order for my very own Saiga 12S EXP-01-030 from Brian at RedDragunWeapons a

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just ordered a Saiga 12S EXP-01-030 ! ! ! In the USA ! ! !

I thought I would share some GREAT news! I just placed my order for my very own Saiga 12S EXP-01-030 from Brian at RedDragunWeapons after stumbling across his thread at the akforum. I have been waiting YEARS for this opportunity and I am extremely excited about this opportunity. It does not come with the pistol grip, but it does come with a thumbhole stock. Which is going to be restored to original configuration once in my hands.

Some info I learned after talking to Brian about my order:

- This version of the Saiga 12 is affected by the recent ATF ruling on shotguns. Since the ruling has come out, Brian had a sit down with the ATF to discuss this version of the S12. They state he will be allowed to bring in the 200 that are on the import application because it was approved before the ruling came out, but no more.

- The non-sporting feature the ATF has the problem with is the picatinny rail under the front gas block. I guess a flashlight or laser are not used for sporting purposes?

- Any future Saiga's imported will have the standard Saiga 12 front gas block with the manual gas adjustment knob.

- They have not been shipped from Russia yet, and it might take a while. But I DON'T CARE!

- CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: At this time you'll need to use a
to reconfigure/disassemble/mag-lock the shotgun for shipping into you California Saiga12 friendly FFL.

- THIS IS OUR ONLY REAL OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE A SAIGA 12S EXP-01-030.

More info can be found on RedDragunWeapons website and the AKforum.

DSC04616.jpg

You can use it just as it comes. Or for those like me who want as close to the Russian Saiga 12S EXP-01-030, these are the additional parts that will be needed to finish the project. Other places might sell these items, but this is where I found them.

-Saiga-12-030 Flash Hider (RusMilitary)

-Saiga-12-030 pistol grip W/ bottom plug (RusMilitary)

-Saiga-12-030 recoil pad, pusher & 2 screws (RusMilitary)

-US Made Polymer Side Folder kit (DSAarms) , (RusMilitary), or (K-Var)

-Saiga-12 buttstock retaining kit (RusMilitary), (AKBuilder) or

-Trigger guard and new trigger set. (Carolina Shooters Supply), (AKBuilder) or

These parts are hard to come by, so get what you can when you can and start building when you have collected everything for the project.

0_value_12190_188.jpg

If you do not know what the EXP-01-030 is…. It is the version of the S12 the Russian Specnaz use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmzwSsncos0

I found a flash hider http://dpharms.com/product_info.php?cPath=56_165&products_id=1044

Edited by ARMOR

I ordered one.

Now I need a folding stock. I will most likey use the same folding stock that Will is putting on my ZK-SD rifle.

When were you told it was coming in?

Also what order # are you?

Edited by red_cedar

Well thanks a lot I just bought 2 more IZ-109 to then stumble across your post to find a better looking Saiga that cost a bit less then the 2 I have bought. But I hope I am lucky to get on the list to buy one. Was the $1,500 price right or has it shot up due to the ban that is coming?

Well thanks a lot I just bought 2 more IZ-109 to then stumble across your post to find a better looking Saiga that cost a bit less then the 2 I have bought. But I hope I am lucky to get on the list to buy one. Was the $1,500 price right or has it shot up due to the ban that is coming?

Last I talked to him the price hasn't changed. Brian seem to be a great guy from my conversations with him and I'm really excited he's bringing this model in for us. Can't wait to see one of these up close! If you're interested you should definitely get on the list soon.

Edited by Jeep297

Last I talked to him the price hasn't changed. Brian seem to be a great guy from my conversations with him and I'm really excited he's bringing this model in for us. Can't wait to see one of these up close! If you're interested you should definitely get on the list soon.

i just ordered a second one and the price hasn't changed

Anyone been given an update on these?

here and there info on the ak forum. nothing confirmed. i need a few items anyways, and since i ordered another s-12 i need to double everything, i really don't want to spend another four hundred on a side folder again and take the risk of it not being able to get past customs.

svds.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

here and there info on the ak forum. nothing confirmed. i need a few items anyways, and since i ordered another s-12 i need to double everything, i really don't want to spend another four hundred on a side folder again and take the risk of it not being able to get past customs.

svds.jpg

i want that stock real bad...is there any way to get them??

svds.jpg

e-mail him and ask, i was on a waiting list, it took three months to get it, it was around 400 dollars i was thinking of getting a second one or a russian triangle, and it does not come with the trunnion or latch parts k var sells the trunnion which is 5mm i got the latch parts from someone else. unless one of the sponsors sells the parts.

I sent an email asking to buy one but have not heard back yet. Just called and got the voice mail service so I left a message and will try calling tomorrow.

Other good news is I will be getting my Saiga back from Tromix on the 14th so taking it to the range on the 15th so see how it does.

Edited by Kasper

I ordered one.

Now I need a folding stock. I will most likey use the same folding stock that Will is putting on my ZK-SD rifle.

When were you told it was coming in?

Also what order # are you?

I was told, maybe 4 or 5 weeks yet.

My order # is 85

RusMilitary will have some in June I believe

Z

i will be the happiest man in the world if they do! Hopefully next week i will get my invoice info so i can secure my S12 01-030..

I dont suppose there is any way these things come with out the Picatinny rails, do they?

I doubt it, but I'm sure if you didn't want the picatinny rail someone on the forum does and would be willing to do some kind of swap with you. If you don't mind me asking, why would you not want the rail?

To each his own...

But why would you want to remove a MAJOR feature of a saiga that has been next to IMPOSSIBLE to import up until now and will never again.

Shit... that is like taking a cherry 1965 GT500 and throwing in a Prius drive train.... Not exactly, but you get my point.

Edited by lokmeup