I just ordered a Saiga 12S EXP-01-030 in the USA ! ! !

To each his own...

But why would you want to remove a MAJOR feature of a saiga that has been next to IMPOSSIBLE to import up until now and will never again.

Shit... that is like taking a cherry 1965 GT500 and throwing in a Prius drive train.... Not exactly, but you get my point.

K-Var is importing those pic. rail gas blocks.

Apparently they will soon be carrying all the parts necessary to do an 030 conversion.

But, it still wont be cheaper than buying the imported shotgun.

I would love to get one of these 200 that come in myself.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It just seems a bit ridiculous that he can't make a note on his website or on the forum that he'll be away for a week and not answering emails/calls, especially since he's collected at least $63,000 o

I just got an email update the other day and things are definitely progressing. Impatient sarcastic smartasses will be eating their words before too much longer apparently. Aside from waiting on th

I just ordered a Saiga 12S EXP-01-030 ! ! ! In the USA ! ! !   I thought I would share some GREAT news! I just placed my order for my very own Saiga 12S EXP-01-030 from Brian at RedDragunWeapons a

Posted Images

does anyone know when these will coming in? i ordered one..now the sleepless nights begin.

That's the million dollar question? I have sleepless nights myself over this, but I have a new in the box IZ-109BHO just in case.

does anyone know when these will coming in? i ordered one..now the sleepless nights begin.

That's the million dollar question? I have sleepless nights myself over this, but I have a new in the box IZ-109BHO just in case.

yeah Im all about the multiple saiga's too.. this one will be my 5th, but definitely the most badass. I hope they are here by summers end.

Its just that Ive never been too partial of Picatinny rails on Russian gear. I fail to see how having or not having a rail on the upper receiver or gas block would effect the weapons over all performance. From where I sit, the KSK represents the top of the line of what a shotgun can do, and I dont feel its dependant on the rails to be able to do that. Like I said, its a personal choice from an aesthetic perspective. I doubt Id ever have anything mounted to either any way, so theyd not even see use with me.

The rail is about authenticity. Just like the gas system. The whole 030 is about being a 030. Otherwise, we would all be going the Dinzag way.

Personally, I have gone with Dinzag on one of my builds. It is very nice, but it will never compare to a straight from Russia 030.

The rail gives the user many more options. I think a micro red dot will work quite nicely mounted on it. With the 030, there is no need to buy an aftermarket mount, because it is provided by factory.

At the very least, you'll be knocking down the value.

But as we all know, your money, your toy, your choice.

Edited by lokmeup
  • Like 1

Looking at the newer invoice numbers I'm suprised not too many of these have been spoken for yet.

Once they're here I'll consider buying one.

If they've only presold less than 100 so far, I doubt all will be sold by the time they're imported.

My main issue is the fact that it can only take the stick mags, and OEM 8 round capacity is good for tactics, but just for plinking I like more rounds at my disposal.

I also wonder how this self regulating gas system will react to a shorter barrel. It's a whole can of worms really.

:phone:

How long does it usually take Brian to respond to emails or phone calls? I've tried both so far.

It took me a week to get a response by email , then another week to get invoiced. He's busy , but don't worry there are over a 100 left and he will get to you.

I'd probably order one of these if it didn't have the mag-well, (or if mag-well OEM 8-rnders weren't insanely expensive and hard to find). I've already invested in a few rock-n-lock Izzy 8's and those are expensive enough. The mag-well unacceptably limits the choice of viable mags, imo.

I look forward to hearing news on this, though. I really hope these make it through the unconstitutional gauntlet, (ATF and Customs), they'll have to run, and that you guys actually receive what you're paying for.

ETA: Just did a quick search for OEM mag-well 8-rnders for sale.. saw a recent GB ad, looks like TX-Zen sold one of his. The buyer got a "deal" and only paid $160. Yeah, to each his own, but speaking for myself, fuck that.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

K-Var is importing those pic. rail gas blocks.

Apparently they will soon be carrying all the parts necessary to do an 030 conversion.

But, it still wont be cheaper than buying the imported shotgun...

Maybe not, but it might prove to be a helluva lot easier and/or faster. We'll see if even these 200 actually make it through to those who've ordered them.

Also, if K-VAR will carry the parts, I'll be able to have something like an 030 built, but without the undesirable mag-well. Hmmm.. need to keep an eye on their site and do a lil research...

Looking at the newer invoice numbers I'm suprised not too many of these have been spoken for yet.

If they've only presold less than 100 so far, I doubt all will be sold by the time they're imported.

My main issue is the fact that it can only take the stick mags, and OEM 8 round capacity is good for tactics, but just for plinking I like more rounds at my disposal.

I also wonder how this self regulating gas system will react to a shorter barrel. It's a whole can of worms really.

It's just a matter of time till these problems are resolved. I'm sure the drums on the market can be modified by someone talented. I'm going to try to do one myself. And if you want to cut down the barrel, it'll most likely need the ports opened up because of pressure loss. I don't know on that one for sure. I'll never cut the barrel down on mine.

post-27155-0-34261700-1304030969_thumb.jpg

Edited by ARMOR

^ Yeah, buy an AA drum to run on your new "030". The set-up in that pic just screams reliability and maneuverability. :rolleyes:

These are still a pipe-dream anyway. You're depending on the ATF to stick to their word.. and there's a damn good chance that they won't. They're the worst rogue agency in the whole damn fed gubmint, (although the EPA is giving them a run for their money these days).

GL, guys. Hope ya don't end up getting burned on this.

It's just a matter of time till these problems are resolved. I'm sure the drums on the market can be modified by someone talented. I'm going to try to do one myself. And if you want to cut down the barrel, it'll most likely need the ports opened up because of pressure loss. I don't know on that one for sure. I'll never cut the barrel down on mine.

Thats just a picture.

By that I mean that someone just shoved that into the magwell for a pic.

Lame.

^ Yeah, buy an AA drum to run on your new "030". The set-up in that pic just screams reliability and maneuverability. :rolleyes:

These are still a pipe-dream anyway. You're depending on the ATF to stick to their word.. and there's a damn good chance that they won't. They're the worst rogue agency in the whole damn fed gubmint, (although the EPA is giving them a run for their money these days).

I learned a long time ago not to count on anyone including big brother. Learned that in the Army. If my Saiga VER 030 makes it into the country, Great!

If not, Brian will give me my deposit back and I already have a S12 IZ-109BHO.

As far as the drum, I doubt I'd use a AA drum. I was thinking of using a MD drum and platic welding a mag to it for a tower and making a couple of more followers for it. One of my best friends is Dave S., inventer of the A and D tower for 165 round .22 conversions for HK's, AR's and others. I'm sure he'll took me up with the followers I may need.

As far as reliability and manuverability, it just a toy for me.

As far as the government. I believe the government should be like a babys diaper. Changed reguraly.

Thats just a picture.

By that I mean that someone just shoved that into the magwell for a pic.

Lame.

Maybe? But I don't know for sure? I found it in a thread from this forum.

post-27155-0-98980800-1304036212_thumb.jpg

that's not an AA drum, it's a maxrounds

It's the same terrible open-sided design, therefore it's probably prone to the same kind of reliability problems that AA drums are infamous for, (in guns without mag-wells), and I can only imagine that further complicating it by making it work with a mag-well will worsen the already shitty performance.

I learned a long time ago not to count on anyone including big brother. Learned that in the Army. If my Saiga VER 030 makes it into the country, Great!

As far as the drum, I doubt I'd use a AA drum. I was thinking of using a MD drum and platic welding a mag to it for a tower and making a couple of more followers for it. One of my best friends is Dave S., inventer of the A and D tower for 165 round .22 conversions for HK's, AR's and others. I'm sure he'll took me up with the followers I may need.

As far as the government. I believe the government should be like a babys diaper. Changed reguraly.

I'd be more worried about the guns being shipped.. then getting stuck in "Customs limbo" possibly forever... at least until the ATF decides to destroy that evil shipment "for the public good". In that circumstance, Brian couldn't exactly refund you your deposit, (Russkies have already been paid), and you'd end up having flushed ~$750 down the toilet.

As I said, I hope it works out for everyone involved, but relying on the ATF to ever do right by the Constitution is a dangerous proposition at best.

And yeah, assuming you get it and can find a way to make a MD20 work with it, I'll be the first to congratulate you on one hell of a cool range toy. :up:

I'd be more worried about the guns being shipped.. then getting stuck in "Customs limbo" possibly forever... at least until the ATF decides to destroy that evil shipment "for the public good". In that circumstance, Brian couldn't exactly refund you your deposit, (Russkies have already been paid), and you'd end up having flushed ~$750 down the toilet.

As I said, I hope it works out for everyone involved, but relying on the ATF to ever do right by the Constitution is a dangerous proposition at best.

And yeah, assuming you get it and can find a way to make a MD20 work with it, I'll be the first to congratulate you on one hell of a cool range toy. :up:

I thought about the payment issue before sending money. That's why I paid in a USPS M.O. for my deposit.

I'm hoping for the best, and I know of about 90 others that feel the same as me.

As far as the drum goes, I'd like to give it a try. If the shotgun makes it here.

How long does it usually take Brian to respond to emails or phone calls? I've tried both so far.

he takes a minute sometimes....just keep trying.

I finally got my invoice, sent my deposit..i hope they are here by the summer.

So, keep calling and emailing leaving messages? I don't really wanna be that guy. But I do want this S12! I'll wait a few more days and see what happens.

Edited by Juice

he takes a minute sometimes....just keep trying.

I finally got my invoice, sent my deposit..i hope they are here by the summer.

So, keep calling and emailing leaving messages? I don't really wanna be that guy. But I do want this S12! I'll wait a few more days and see what happens.

Sorry, but I was that guy till I got my order in. I had no idea how many spots he had left and I wanted one. Lol!

looks like he's getting another s12 too.. the s12 ver 040 4-3..anyone know what the hell that is? Ive tried google images and nothing has popped up.

Legion guns usa used to have a pic of it. their site has undergone changes though. I think it was the 030 shown on red dragun with wood upper and lower handguards and wood montecarlo stock.

I know there's an 040 on the izhmash website, but I'm pretty sure that one did not match the image red dragon originally posted. maybe that graphic was just a placeholder, though.

Edited by Koljec

looks like he's getting another s12 too.. the s12 ver 040 4-3..anyone know what the hell that is? Ive tried google images and nothing has popped up.

Looks like the same thing as the 030 with a sporting forend.

0_value_18889_188.jpg

Their site has all the many variations of the S12: http://www.izhmash-a...eim/imp/26.html

nice..thanks..i cant wait till my ver 030 gets in...IF it gets in I should say.

I sent the guy an email today asking about the ordering process

If the guy is busy and its going to take awhile for a response ...any of you that have already ordered care to help me out?

How much $$$?

Pay in full before it arrives?

Pay half now, & pay half later?

I'm very interested & I'd like to know how I might make it a reality if I choose to take the plunge

Thanks guys!

~Stephen