Well I lost it but am stronger than ever, they found some meds that really help me out.

O and Cobra, we need to come up with a payment plan on that lathe.

Expect my presance on the forum to be sporadic for a while.

Good to have you back!

Well I lost it but am stronger than ever, they found some meds that really help me out.

Good to have you back!

Just another Gun Nut on Board.

Good to have you back!

Just another Gun Nut on Board.

Plenty of us here Kris, and several of us know of what you speak also... :)

Edited by Jpanzer

Be aware of what the VA is prescribing you.... Not tryin' to give ya anything else to worry about...

http://www.nytimes.c...=me&ref=general

Semper Fi

DamMit... yOo peePles iZ alL friGgin' kraZee!!!! I iz thu owNlee normEl peEples Heer. DAMMITT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHerz mY figgiN' OOOZZZEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:killer:

JK... just trying to keep the atmosphere light. Welcome back and STAY WITH US THIS TIME!! :super:

Edited by Mike1234567

Oh and Cobra, we need to come up with a payment plan on that lathe.

God Bless you brother.

It's not a sign of weakness.

The most creative, insightful & successful people I've ever met were as I was working as Mental Health Therapist in Inpatient Acute Behavioral Health Sciences.

Knowledge, insight & intellect can be a double edged sword. The world is overwhelming when one has the ability to comprehend it.

• Like 3

Knowledge, insight & intellect can be a double edged sword. The world is overwhelming when one has the ability to comprehend it.

I think the above is the most profound statement you've ever made on this board Pauly....

Has your ability to own firearms gone down the drain?

I was under the impression that if you enter yourself voluntarily into the help you need, it has no effect on your right to own firearms. As opposed to being committed, involuntarily. I think that's when you're 2A rights are surrendered in most situations.

I know Pauly is in this field, I'm sure he can either confirm or deny.

I was under the impression that if you enter yourself voluntarily into the help you need, it has no effect on your right to own firearms. As opposed to being committed, involuntarily. I think that's when you're 2A rights are surrendered in most situations.

If you voulenteer, it's all good. It shows you have insight.

If the doc wants you to stay but you demand to leave so the doc puts you on a 72 hour hold for observation, or a 14 day diversion from commitment, then you fight the hold & demand to go in front of a judge to be released (that's called a commitment hearing), then the Judge will side with the Dr. 95% of the time because the county investigator who interviewed you will also side with the Dr., & you will likely then be civilly committed.

Once civilly committed, you are now no longer able to own firearms, or sometimes your driving privileges may be revoked depending on your situation..

Hope that cleared it up for you.

I think the above is the most profound statement you've ever made on this board Pauly....

Personally I think one of the best was when I reminded people not to seek the meaning of life on the Saiga-12 forum. ^_^

But thank you.

Welcome back Brother.

Remember it is YOUR head,You are in charge of it. It requires regular maintenance to keep it in good working order. When it is broken, seek professional help and choose your 'headsmith' as carefully as you would choose a gunsmith. Good luck to you and and God bless you for having the strength to seek help. It takes a strong man to admit to themselves that they need help, and even more strength to get the proper help.

If you voulenteer, it's all good. It shows you have insight.

If the doc wants you to stay but you demand to leave so the doc puts you on a 72 hour hold for observation, or a 14 day diversion from commitment, then you fight the hold & demand to go in front of a judge to be released (that's called a commitment hearing), then the Judge will side with the Dr. 95% of the time because the county investigator who interviewed you will also side with the Dr., & you will likely then be civilly committed.

Once civilly committed, you are now no longer able to own firearms, or sometimes your driving privileges may be revoked depending on your situation..

Hope that cleared it up for you.

Thanks for clearing it up.

As luck would have it, though I was involintarrily commited, the county dropped the charges.

They are even going to give the "offending" firearm back to me now that I'm medicated for a condition I didn't know I had.

That is about as specific as I want to get about "what I did" here on the forums.

I glad to hear this is going this well for you. Something tells me someone is watching over you and I'm not especially religious. Hope things keep going well for you.

Let's just say I had a near Life/Death experiance that has left me with the uncanny feeling of being touched by God.

No one was phisically harmed.