308 compensator

I finally fixed my S308. From the day I bought it I never liked the way it shot. The sporting stock on a 16" barrel and the factory trigger we awful. I did a simple conversion to the saw type grip with a T6 stock, tapco trigger...... I still was not happy with it,just a little rude to shoot. I put a JP enterprises tactical compensator on it and now it shoots nicer than any of my 556 rifles. I will of course snap a couple pictures later today and add them.

I just removed the front sight and welded it to the sight block. I made an alignment tool for the compensator on the lathe, inserted the tool into the barrel and put on the compensator. Welded the compensator on took the assembly off and removed the tool then reinstalled the sight block and compensator. Now to do the same to my 7.62x39 saiga.

I just removed the front sight and welded it to the sight block. I made an alignment tool for the compensator on the lathe, inserted the tool into the barrel and put on the compensator. Welded the compensator on took the assembly off and removed the tool then reinstalled the sight block and compensator. Now to do the same to my 7.62x39 saiga.

Pics?

for the alignment tool you can use a wooden dowel and to make sure the front sight is pretty much in the right spot you can use a bubble style level.you willl have to disassemble the rifle as if you are cleaning and make sure to reciever is level first then you can use the level on the front sight.

Here is a picture of the alignment tool. You can seen that I had to step the tool down as the first chamber has a slightly larger hole than the exit hole. I did this so there would be no chance that the compensator would not be perfectly in line with the barrel. I am sure there is an easier way but for me this works well. I just take the front sight block off install the alignment tool, tack the sight block to the compensator, remove the set and finish welding/sanding and painting then reinstall. Next week I will put on one my 7.62x39 Saiga and see if it makes as much difference.

100_3289.jpg