Alright, I'm going to be about $400 ahead this month, and I'm going to use it on a new gun. I'm having a hard time deciding on what to get. I want something that's useful while out on our ranch and that will be somewhat affordable to shoot. I'm thinking about one of those Rossi mare's leg type pistols in 357 or maybe a Ruger Single-six. If ya'll have any ideas (rifle, shotgun, or handgun), I'd like to hear them.

Alright, I'm going to be about $400 ahead this month, and I'm going to use it on a new gun. I'm having a hard time deciding on what to get. I want something that's useful while out on our ranch and that will be somewhat affordable to shoot. I'm thinking about one of those Rossi mare's leg type pistols in 357 or maybe a Ruger Single-six. If ya'll have any ideas (rifle, shotgun, or handgun), I'd like to hear them.

If ya like 357 or 38 I love the Rossi r92 in a 20" Oct. Barrell is a pretty great deal about $400...it shoots both rounds accurate and true...plus on the ranch how cool is it to have the levergun like a real cowboy would have...plus if you already stock 38/357 you would share ammo at a decent cost.

• 1 month later...

Track down a Six series Ruger .357 (Speed 6, Security 6, Police Service 6)

You won't be sorry

The Ranch Hand looks awesome but I have a hunch is one of those guns you buy and the itch is scratched, and you're like "why did I buy this". Just saying the same only a 16" carbine is not much bigger, but 1000x more useful. The Mare's Leg is something that comes out when your girl wants you to dress up like a cowboy for her, LOL, or to show buddies when they come over.

Edited by Steppe Sweeper

I love my Marlin 1894 in .44 mag! Fun to shoot, affordable because I reload for it, and a pretty short rifle. Goes well with the .44mag pistol.

I think .357 is a good round as well, if you get a pistol now you can get a lever action later, or the other way around.