Ground-off Importer's Stamp

So I just got my new S12 from KVAR, and it's got a rougly 1"x3" rectangular hash-mark on the right side of the receiver, right behind the safety. At first I couldn't figure out what it was--it sort of looks like somebody had taken a large-tooth file to it, but I couldn't imagine why. Then I noticed that it's the spot where the original importer's stamp (Scottsdale, IN I think) had been.

Presumably it's because they were stamped that way in the factory before Ish started importing into Las Vegas, and had to be changed. The new NV importer's mark is now on the left-side, right behind the scope mount.

It's kind of funny, but unfortunately looks like shit. I'm trying to decide what to do about it (leave it, try and fill it, etc.).

Anybody else gotten one of these? And, if so, what do you plan on doing about it?

mY 2 HAVE THE SAME THING ,UGLY . My understanding is they were imported and there was a problem with the original importer K-Var bought them and are now the importer ,so they blanked out the old and stamped thier name in another location. Ugly but legit .:cryss:

i tried filling mine in with the same JB Weld i used to fill in the 4 old trigger holes. It's better, but something about the way they did it, it's almost like it's raised, not etched in. it looks better than before, and is not nearly as noticeable, but if you're looking for it you can see it.

I may go back and try it again, if i get bored one day, but i'd probably try grinding in flat first and then fill it in.