Saiga 12 Warning!!!

I was at a "Gun Show" In Lexington, Ky yesterday and the price's were THRU the roof!!!! One booth had a 12 w/ a cheap forward and bi pod and wanted 900 the second one was a 12 with the fcg and a cheap forward and bi pod and the woman said it was CUSTOM b/c of the fcg and wanted 1,900 f-ing dollars!!! The reasons are that the ATF (My Take on it)is basically doing research on shotguns so Apparently RAA Has stopped importing so everyone is freaking out and these A holes are raising their prices!!! But what these people don't know is that Mercury-Herms in Louisville, Ky is importing them right NOW. Please, this is all from my understandings and first hand seeing the prices at the gun show. Hell one guy wanted 400 for a 223 that was RUSTING! SOO PLEASE don't let these dumb ass's scare people and raise the prices so bad that we common people cant afford our SAIGAS :ded:

Also, Does any one know a web site for Mercury-Herms?

Also I seen a post from Atlanticfirearms.com and they said they already have received a ship ment of Mercury-Herms Saiga's. Which are stamped and supposed to be a Leagon rifle at the!

Edited by kyblaster

After dealing with too many asshats and rarely finding a "deal" I stopped going to gun shows. I'd love to go to a SHOT or SAR show but the local ones seem more like a flea market with people selling coins, jewelery, candles, hats, or anything they think they can make a dime on. YMMV.

I'm just glad I bought my S-12 and put a S-20 on layaway immediately BEFORE this BATF BSHTF (Bull Shit Hit The Fan).

Me and you both I have 2 S-12's and on Jan 2nd I put another 12 and a 20 for the wife on lay-a way. Great timing I think.

I think the prices are ridiculous right now, I wanted to order one the other day. I talked to the local gun shop the other day and he told me to just wait it out for a month or so and they would go back down some. I ended up buying an AR-15 and I guess I will take his advice and wait it out. Prices are crazy right now.

I think the prices are ridiculous right now, I wanted to order one the other day. I talked to the local gun shop the other day and he told me to just wait it out for a month or so and they would go back down some. I ended up buying an AR-15 and I guess I will take his advice and wait it out. Prices are crazy right now.

Yeah, I'd definitely wait until the "B-word scare" blows over. I'm not paying 1.5-2X the "normal" going rate. BTW, I'm not in this for profit. If I was I'd buy a crap-load of them and hold onto them until the NEXT "B-word scare" and dump them on the market, LOL!!

I was surfing arfcoms ee yeasterday and saw a dealer has a bunch of them for like $485 something.

That was their old price from months ago. If you look at their last post or website it's $635 and it's a pre-order as well.

To the OP, that's why I never go to gun shows anymore. The internet killed them since you can always find better deals, not to mention you don't have to pay taxes.

I think the days of the cheap Saiga are gone....at least for a while. Glad I got mine for $659

No, not yet... unless these rumors continue to be propogated. I say let's all just calm down a bit, take a few cleansing breaths, and STOP PANIC BUYING. The market will stabilize provided the BATF stops F-ing with us.

I think the days of the cheap Saiga are gone....at least for a while. Glad I got mine for $659

No, not yet... unless these rumors continue to be propogated. I say let's all just calm down a bit, take a few cleansing breaths, and STOP PANIC BUYING. The market will stabilize provided the BATF stops F-ing with us.

If that's the case we should all be panic selling into it

If that's the case we should all be panic selling into it

Well, yes, in fact. When it comes to investing... buy low and sell high.

I got my Saiga 12 about a year ago form the chepest Saiga supplier I've ever been able to find :money: for about 350/370 even now there only like 450 (Just got a 223 Mercury-Herms LEAGON for 350 about 2 mnths ago) but since RRA stoped importing them (my understanding) It's hard right now But sinse apperently Mercury-Herms stepped in it will take a lil bit to resupply the market. And you all are so right about gun show prices! However, I did find a dealer that had Sig 250'l 9mm &40 for 380 "out the door (around here Florence, KY) a sig 9 starts at 500, So there are still some deals to get :031:

Edited by kyblaster

That's if they stop. I doubt they will. It's a "destructive device" OGGAAA BOOGGGAAA!!!!!

Think about it. They banned the sweeper and stryker and they only had 12 round drums. That MD20 sorta mighta screwed us. I mean, there is a pic of it right on the study....

That's if they stop. I doubt they will. It's a "destructive device" OGGAAA BOOGGGAAA!!!!!

Think about it. They banned the sweeper and stryker and they only had 12 round drums. That MD20 sorta mighta screwed us. I mean, there is a pic of it right on the study....

:nonono: Please understand what this is really about!!!!

Go to ATF.gov and read it for yourself!!! It is all about the whole "Sporting" issue and even then it is only them studing the laws. It is titled "Study on the Importability of Certain Shotguns" (ATF.gov) That is the only reason why Saiga's are alowed to be imported is b/c of their "Sporting" rifle. So the ATF is trying to find out what it means to be a sporting SHOTGUN, so they have been contacting shotgun sporting groups. it also includes remington and ect. It's all about the fact that a Sporting shotgun does NOT need to have a pistol grip or 20 shell compasity, forward grip and so on so forth(Background on Sporting Suitability). The thing that does piss me off is that the reference picture the atf is using is a Saiga 12 w/ a pistol grip which is not classified as a "Sporing shotgun". They are representing the Saiga wrong!!!!! (Wonder why :devil: ) This is Just a damn study of what it means for a shotgun to be conciderd a sporting design, thats all! So DO NOT PAY these damn prices b/c the way a Saiga is imported/shipped to the states is as a sporting weapon, no pistol grip, no quad/tri forward, no hicap, NO damn drums are needed!!! So it is not like the sweeper or stryker. We/us in the U.S. is making the drums for the high-cap. not the Russians shipping them that way! The Saiga will work WITH OUT having to use a Hi-comp mag/drum!!!! So they will not be able to say anything other. :NO: YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO GIVE THE ATF YOUR OPINON ON THIS!!!!!

"ATF announces the publication of the Study on the Importability of Certain Shotguns. To obtain comments from the affected industry, ATF will be accepting comments January 31, 2011, through May 1, 2011,"

All interested persons may submit comments on this study.

Comments may be submitted by e-mail to shotgunstudy@atf.gov or by fax to (202)648-9601.

Faxed comments may not exceed 5 pages.

All comments must include name and mailing address.

ATF encourages submission of comments no later than May 1, 2011.

So let them know how you feel if your worried, and save you money :super_man: !!! It is Just the ATF doing a STUDY!!! Come on ppl!

Edited by kyblaster
  • Like 3

Go to ATF.gov and read it for yourself!!! It is all about the whole "Sporting" issue and even then it is only them studing the laws. It is titled "Study on the Importability of Certain Shotguns" (ATF.gov) That is the only reason why Saiga's are alowed to be imported is b/c of their "Sporting" rifle. So the ATF is trying to find out what it means to be a sporting SHOTGUN, so they have been contacting shotgun sporting groups. it also includes remington and ect. It's all about the fact that a Sporting shotgun does NOT need to have a pistol grip or 20 shell compasity, forward grip and so on so forth(Background on Sporting Suitability). The thing that does piss me off is that the reference picture the atf is using is a Saiga 12 w/ a pistol grip which is not classified as a "Sporing shotgun". They are representing the Saiga wrong!!!!! (Wonder why :devil: ) This is Just a damn study of what it means for a shotgun to be conciderd a sporting design, thats all! So DO NOT PAY these damn prices b/c the way a Saiga is imported/shipped to the states is as a sporting weapon, no pistol grip, no quad/tri forward, no hicap, NO damn drums are needed!!! So it is not like the sweeper or stryker. We/us in the U.S. is making the drums for the high-cap. not the Russians shipping them that way! The Saiga will work WITH OUT having to use a Hi-comp mag/drum!!!! So they will not be able to say anything other. :NO: YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO GIVE THE ATF YOUR OPINON ON THIS!!!!!

"ATF announces the publication of the Study on the Importability of Certain Shotguns. To obtain comments from the affected industry, ATF will be accepting comments January 31, 2011, through May 1, 2011,"

Comments may be submitted by e-mail to shotgunstudy@atf.gov or by fax to (202)648-9601.

So let them know how you feel if your worried, and save you money :super_man: !!! It is Just the ATF doing a STUDY!!! Come on ppl!

+1 bro!!!

Sorry but I have to disagree. The "don't worry syndrome" is just as bad as the "chicken little syndrome" we have going on right now in my opinion. While I personally agree panic shouldn't set in yet, neither should apathy. Right now we have enough evidence to at least warrant concern. I too read the ATF study and they are preparing to ban the importation of some shotguns when it concludes, we just don't know which yet. They aren't doing this for no reason at it's clearly written in the "purpose of the study" when it states, "The purpose of this study is to establish criteria that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) will use to determine the importability of certain shotguns under the provisions of the Gun Control Act of 1968 (GCA)"

Here's the parts that raise the level of concern in my opinion:

1. Showing a pic of a MD20 drum. There are no other shotguns that are able to accept this particular magazine and yet they chose to include it as an example of non-sporting. Please tell me the point of this if we shouldn't be concerned at all.

2. This quote from the study: "The fact that a firearm or feature was initially designed for military or tactical applications, including offensive or defensive combat, may indicate that it is not a sporting firearm." Although neutered by the time we receive them, our beloved Saigas absolutely fit this bill.

3. In addition, the above quote was soon followed by this quote: "The Attorney General and ATF are not limited to these factors and therefore may consider any other factor determined to be relevant in making this determination." This gives them leeway to go beyond the simple list they created of non-sporting features in the study.

You may choose not to worry, but I happen to believe it's naive to not be at the very least concerned. This is just my opinion though and you're entitled to yours just as much as mine.

Edited by Jeep297
  • Like 1

How long have you lived here? Yes, the gov is always reasonable...especially when it comes to guns.

Like I said in the other thread, I hope you're right, but even if they don't ban them, they sure as shit will make it illegal to ban them and/or make the drums illegal. I mean, don't even try to argue that. The 12 rounds in the sweeper and stryker were one of the main reasons they banned them.

• Like 1

Also, you're wasting your time writing to them with your opinion. Look at the bailouts for an example. Way more than the majority of the people did not want them, and called and wrote their comgress critters about them. Most of Congress ignored us. And these people have to worry about getting elected. The ATF doesn't. They don't care about our opinions.

I'm sorry, but again, study history. They will restrict our rights more and more until we decided we are done bitching on the internet and actually do something about it.

• Like 1

Don't be surprise when you start seeing pricing going up on everything! Material cost has almost doubled since last year and climbing fast.

that is going the be the main reason for the price increase on guns across the board..no argument from me..i also agree with kyjellyblasters assessment...but anything can happen...about the only saiga stuff i intend to buy is another md 20 drum and a cheapo promag 12 rounder..what is of concern to the powers that be is the saiga readily accept evil features..example-the benelli m4 is already nuetered but the correct tube is available..benelli to get the m4 listed as sporting purpose used locktight on the threads of the c-stock tube and nuetered the extension tube..no biggie but benelli has also recently stopped import of extension tubes for the older m1s90 and of course no more c-stocks for the m4.(so what does benelli know that we dont?).in current config the saiga passes and i dont look for any rulings on 12guage being listed as a DD..its possible but the fudds (fucking fudds are the antis best friends i might add) would go ape shit on any ruling like that...what i can see is saiga being told to add modifications to mag wells and other neutered shit applications that will drive up the price on conversions and stop the ease at which we can just buy evil features and not have to worry about sourcing a gun smithy...worst case is all you guys with tromix/rj/whatever have a DD..no better worst case...saiga allowed but nuetered to all hell and any conversion means a dd (yes i likey DD's (boobies) but that dd is just bs)...worst-worst case sceniro..saigas gone to the annals of history..my take..god speed

Thats what I cant really stand is people like you PostsOnPercocet, I agree w/ most of what you sad, but saying it's not worth giving the ATF your opinion "Also, you're wasting your time writing to them with your opinion" I think is bullshit!!! So we should all sit back and do nothing but bitch on forums? Then we should go a head and tell the NRA we don't want them b/c they don't matter! Even though they may not chose to take our opinions damn well they will know what we think!

PostsOnPercocet you said "They will restrict our rights more and more until we decided we are done bitching on the Internet and actually do something about it." That is what your doing, just bitching on the Internet b/c you think your to good to let them know how you feel, what do you expect us to do just put our thumb up our ASS and take it like a bitch or do what WE have the right to do, let them know this is Bullshit!

Jeep297, you have very valid points, I have to give it too ya, you at least read it and know what's going on. Anyone can read it and get there own opinion as to what may or may not happen but at least your not sitting back and believing the rumors, to me that's the big thing, go to the source and find out for your self. I just feel that a lot of people are putting way to much into this "Study", just me.

Thats what I cant really stand is people like you PostsOnPercocet, I agree w/ most of what you sad, but saying it's not worth giving the ATF your opinion "Also, you're wasting your time writing to them with your opinion" I think is bullshit!!! So we should all sit back and do nothing but bitch on forums? Then we should go a head and tell the NRA we don't want them b/c they don't matter! Even though they may not chose to take our opinions damn well they will know what we think!

PostsOnPercocet you said "They will restrict our rights more and more until we decided we are done bitching on the Internet and actually do something about it." That is what your doing, just bitching on the Internet b/c you think your to good to let them know how you feel, what do you expect us to do just put our thumb up our ASS and take it like a bitch or do what WE have the right to do, let them know this is Bullshit!

Jeep297, you have very valid points, I have to give it too ya, you at least read it and know what's going on. Anyone can read it and get there own opinion as to what may or may not happen but at least your not sitting back and believing the rumors, to me that's the big thing, go to the source and find out for your self. I just feel that a lot of people are putting way to much into this "Study", just me.

It just seems that lately the government doesn't care what we want. They are going to do it anyways. I guess I shouldn't have said don't bother, but (and I may be wrong) I think anyone who does is just wasting their time.