Saiga 12 Warning!!!

It just seems that lately the government doesn't care what we want. They are going to do it anyways. I guess I shouldn't have said don't bother, but (and I may be wrong) I think anyone who does is just wasting their time.

I do agree with you, However, I believe that even if they don't care about what we think and do what they want anyway's, Damn it at least we made our voices herd.

FYI...I just got a Saiga 12 from K-VAR last week. It was suppossed to be imported by "Arsenal" in Las Vegas. When i got it i was a little upset, because there was a block on the right side of the receiver that had been "scratched out" over where it said Russian American Armory's import mark and Arsenal's import mark was stamped on the left side of the receiver.

Just to be clear when i say "scratched" it wasn't really scratched, but you know the "dot-style" engraving importers use for import marks...well it was a 2 inch x 1 inch box of little dots like that and it really stuck out.

Not sure if this "new" importer is going to be the same, but if i was doing it over again, i would have made sure i didn't get one from Arsenal.

FYI...I just got a Saiga 12 from K-VAR last week. It was suppossed to be imported by "Arsenal" in Las Vegas. When i got it i was a little upset, because there was a block on the right side of the receiver that had been "scratched out" over where it said Russian American Armory's import mark and Arsenal's import mark was stamped on the left side of the receiver.

Just to be clear when i say "scratched" it wasn't really scratched, but you know the "dot-style" engraving importers use for import marks...well it was a 2 inch x 1 inch box of little dots like that and it really stuck out.

Not sure if this "new" importer is going to be the same, but if i was doing it over again, i would have made sure i didn't get one from Arsenal.

There is another thread about this. This has happen to others too. I got mine last week from a local gun shop. Nothing like that was done to mine. I don't know who imported mine. How would I find out?

There is another thread about this. This has happen to others too. I got mine last week from a local gun shop. Nothing like that was done to mine. I don't know who imported mine. How would I find out?

Should be "stamped on the left side, the pic is of my .223 thoughpost-26256-0-07802300-1298256828_thumb.jpgLower right side of the picture my 223 is from Mercury-Herms "Leigon"

Edited by kyblaster

Should be "stamped on the left side, the pic is of my .223 thoughpost-26256-0-07802300-1298256828_thumb.jpgLower right side of the picture my 223 is from Mercury-Herms "Leigon"

Huh. MIne is on the other side and says, "Russian American Armory Company Scottsburg, IN".

That is what you might see/hear as RAA, which from what I've heard has halted importing b/c of the ATF study, Now its supposed to be a company out of louisville,ky called Mercury-Herms, in which my .223 is from but the thing about it is that apperntly the Mercury-Herms rifles/shotguns are stamped "Legion" which for those who does not know is the custom shop for Izhmash. Now what that mean I dont have a clue b/c no one can tell me lol

Edited by kyblaster

I'm not to happy with this I mean maybe I should hurry up and convert my saiga but if they decide to ban the saigas does tht mean they'll come looking and take it away or what. Just glad got it for 200$

$200! Nice.

If they come knocking on my door I'll tell them I sold it on Craigslist. If they have a warrant to search it just won't be at my place that day.

They aren't taking my guns.

But even if they ban them we will probably get grandfathered in so I wouldn't worry too much.

I'm not to happy with this I mean maybe I should hurry up and convert my saiga but if they decide to ban the saigas does tht mean they'll come looking and take it away or what. Just glad got it for 200$

$200! Nice.

If they come knocking on my door I'll tell them I sold it on Craigslist. If they have a warrant to search it just won't be at my place that day.

They aren't taking my guns.

But even if they ban them we will probably get grandfathered in so I wouldn't worry too much.

PostsOnPercocet, There are supposed to be safes that fit into 2x4 framing(walls) do that and hang up a mirror.

Now I know this may not have to deal w/ the ATF study b/c it will be made here, but has anyone herd anything about the Kel-tec 12ga bullpup?

Yep it was a trade in at a gun shop nearby the guy bought to just play with and never used it never even fired it. There wasn't any wear on under the safety switch till I bought it and started using it. But since it was technically used I got quite the deal. But thts what I was figurin like most things it's already here it's mine so why take it. And the day they try and take anyones guns is gonna be nasty.

Yep it was a trade in at a gun shop nearby the guy bought to just play with and never used it never even fired it. There wasn't any wear on under the safety switch till I bought it and started using it. But since it was technically used I got quite the deal. But thts what I was figurin like most things it's already here it's mine so why take it. And the day they try and take anyones guns is gonna be nasty.

There are enough people that would willingly give there weapons up, but on the other side the people that it would piss off, let's just say that all the law enforcement doesn't have enough personal to get them back :sick::nonono: . But like Perc said is that it would grandfather over and I believe that you are not allowed to sell it, just "Gift" it :beer: at that point.

Don't be surprise when you start seeing pricing going up on everything! Material cost has almost doubled since last year and climbing fast.

:cryss: Prices on everything is getting nuts, 3 for $1.00 canned vegies are now over $2. Don't do gunshows, except for entertainment anymore. Got a good dealer(s), do transfer or purchase for small percentage.

Don't be surprise when you start seeing pricing going up on everything! Material cost has almost doubled since last year and climbing fast.

:cryss: Prices on everything is getting nuts, 3 for $1.00 canned vegies are now over $2. Don't do gunshows, except for entertainment anymore. Got a good dealer(s), do transfer or purchase for small percentage.

but, but there's no inflation.

but, but there's no inflation.

Yea buddy. :rolleyes::smoke: dang nice avitar

Edited by Ruffian72

I was surfing arfcoms ee yesterday and saw a dealer has a bunch of them for like $485 something.

Care to share the company name "in quotes" so we can find it on google?

I would if I remembered the name lol. I was in the rifles and shotguns section. But I guess they have upped the price and are out of stock now as per whoever just said it above.

This study was done for a reason the military made a R/C drone armed with a M240 (MAG 58) and a Saiga 12 w/ a MD-20 drum. the FBI HRT is using a 6" version for breaching being made by CGW and a few years ago there was a container of S-12 that never got let into the country because they were conficated and the military has been using them overseas testing them quietly ,this is what caused the price to go from$299 to $500 in the first price increase( and it never went down). We here have created our own problem the way the S-12 comes into the country is in a pure sporting configuration and there is nothing wrong with that ,but with most of us restoring them and the high cap mags and drums and SBS's we took a sporting gun and made it a combat gun. We did this to our selves and with all the military testing they have seen what we all have know for a long time that the S-12 is a devastating weapon system that has no match. Now add the new Frag 12 round (grenade) and it is truly unstopable.

This study was done for a reason the military made a R/C drone armed with a M240 (MAG 58) and a Saiga 12 w/ a MD-20 drum. the FBI HRT is using a 6" version for breaching being made by CGW and a few years ago there was a container of S-12 that never got let into the country because they were conficated and the military has been using them overseas testing them quietly ,this is what caused the price to go from$299 to $500 in the first price increase( and it never went down). We here have created our own problem the way the S-12 comes into the country is in a pure sporting configuration and there is nothing wrong with that ,but with most of us restoring them and the high cap mags and drums and SBS's we took a sporting gun and made it a combat gun. We did this to our selves and with all the military testing they have seen what we all have know for a long time that the S-12 is a devastating weapon system that has no match. Now add the new Frag 12 round (grenade) and it is truly unstopable.

that is the most insane sounding thing i've heard for a price increase ever.

• Like 1

that is the most insane sounding thing i've heard for a price increase ever.

Well you are new here so do a little searching you will find out it is true a shippment was suppost to come in in the spring if I remember correctly, distrubtors ran out and there was a shortage and every one was saying that there are not going to be importing them anymore and the price jumped $200 just like it did this time. As for the others check CGW page and you can read about there HRT gun and how the army is using the guns overseas and on MD arms page about the drone.

Edited by SCHULTZE
  • Like 2

Well you are new here so do a little searching you will find out it is true a shippment was suppost to come in in the spring if I remember correctly, distrubtors ran out and there was a shortage and every one was saying that there are not going to be importing them anymore and the price jumped $200 just like it did this time. As for the others check CGW page and you can read about there HRT gun and how the army is using the guns overseas and on MD arms page about the drone.

not to say that those drones and studies aren't real but really the military wouldn't need to steal a shipment of weapons. the one place i could think of off CONUS for weapons testing of something like you're suggesting would be in Weapons Training Battalion in Columbia but even then we have the M-1014, and the AA-12 already in the field as a supplement to a crap ton of Mossbergs all over the place. I've never heard or seen us using saigas as even a weapon in our foreign arms inventory. Even in our armory we have a shit ton of AK platform weapons that don't get used most of the time and it's not like we had to steal a shipment of those.

Um, I have to call bullshit on this. The military is not using confiscated s12s, reality check; take off your tin foil hat. And the frag 12 round, how on earth would a civilian, or someone who isn't in the right places in the military even get one? The frag 12 round didn't even come into play. That's like saying the AFT is driving prices up on m1 garand rifle grenade launcher attachments because a new theroberic or "insert name" whatever grenade is invented. If you have noticed costs for everything have risen, hell when I started driving back in I think 2001 I remember seeing gas at $.99 a gallon.