Please tell me I'm reading this wrong. Is a fully converted Semi auto Saiga 12 Prohibited in Ohio

Here's the link to the study

http://www.atf.gov/p...in-shotguns.pdf

Ohio Ohio Rev. Code 2923.11. and Columbus

City Codes 2323.11.

magazine capacity

of no more than 5

rounds

semiautomatic shotgun that was originally designed with or has a fixed

magazine or detachable magazine with a capacity of more than five

rounds. Columbus includes under "Assault weapon" any semi-automatic

shotgun with two or more of the following: pistol grip that protrudes

conspicuously beneath the receiver of the weapon; folding, telescoping or

thumbhole stock; fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 standard 2-3/4,

or longer, rounds; or ability to accept a detachable magazine; also any

shotgun with revolving cylinder

post-23650-0-14132800-1298245728_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cook B.A.

Please tell me I'm reading this wrong. Is a fully converted Semi auto Saiga 12 Prohibited in Ohio

It's probably illegal in Columbus. Columbus has all sorts of stupid weapon laws.

There is a reason I don't live in Cook County, Illinois any more, and you should leave Columbus if you can't get Ohio to preempt their idiot gun laws.

The "dangerous ordinance" bit in Ohio state laws is unclear. I'd certainly look into this if I were you. however. See http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.11

(2) Any pistol, rifle, or shotgun, designed or suitable for sporting purposes, including a military weapon as issued or as modified, and the ammunition for that weapon, unless the firearm is an automatic or sawed-off firearm. So get a video of you using it to shoot sporting clays etc.

Also if it's a registered NFA weapon it's legal in Ohio.

But I'm not a lawyer and you should look into it further. You might want to contact the Ohio state rifle association for help.

so under that code those Russian 5 shot and 3 shot revolving shotguns MADE FOR HUNTING are assault weapons... yay dumb fucks in legislation... but it doesn't matter what the law is cause by the end of obama's term.. THE UN is gonna be marching its troops into the us and dividing it up among the foreign countries who want us dead... anyone who doesnt see the invasion coming is a blind man...

It's probably illegal in Columbus. Columbus has all sorts of stupid weapon laws.

There is a reason I don't live in Cook County, Illinois any more, and you should leave Columbus if you can't get Ohio to preempt their idiot gun laws.

The "dangerous ordinance" bit in Ohio state laws is unclear. I'd certainly look into this if I were you. however. See http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.11

(2) Any pistol, rifle, or shotgun, designed or suitable for sporting purposes, including a military weapon as issued or as modified, and the ammunition for that weapon, unless the firearm is an automatic or sawed-off firearm. So get a video of you using it to shoot sporting clays etc.

Also if it's a registered NFA weapon it's legal in Ohio.

But I'm not a lawyer and you should look into it further. You might want to contact the Ohio state rifle association for help.

I think your right, after re reading it, The word Columbus stands out. Originally I associated "Columbus" with the State house, thus governing the entire State. I thought Municipalities weren't allowed to amend State statutes. WTF

• 3 weeks later...

The retarded Columbus laws are still on the books but the state supreme court ruled that they are not constitutional. IF the city tried to get shitty with you about them, about 2 seconds with a lawyer should clear things up.

There were different set of idiotic laws in Columbus that were overturned in federal court in 1998. Did they hit the current version too?

Syracuse has a city ordinance that requires you to lock up your guns when not in use and had some unique laws regarding concealed carry. Aside from that show me where their laws differ?

I Know rochester and albany have different laws. Albany is just as bad as the city with its own AWB and everything.