Filing off to much on my MD-20

I have multiple drums and I believe I filed off to much because the drum falls out of the gun when I fire. I can hear it lock into place but when I fire the sum bitch falls on the ground. Did I file off to much? Can it be fixed or do I have a paper weight? Tks Jackal

That sucks. Did you do it to all of them? You could try to get some epoxy or something and try to put it on the lip you filed. Let it dry and re-file it.

Then again, you may want to wait for some better answers from the more educated members on this subject.

Wait, are you sure it's "in" all the way? If you watch the video on his site he says that even if you hear it click it might not be locked in all the way. I think.

Edited by PostsOnPercocet

I have multiple drums and I believe I filed off to much because the drum falls out of the gun when I fire. I can hear it lock into place but when I fire the sum bitch falls on the ground. Did I file off to much? Can it be fixed or do I have a paper weight? Tks Jackal

Check this guy out, seen this last night. Maybe it will help. I have not tried it but I would before the paper weight plan. LoL If u filed to much off.

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/profile?user=kendrickmeadows&v=hPzpf6Q1yGc&view=videos

Edited by NoLimit

Check this guy out, seen this last night. Maybe it will help. I have not tried it but I would before the paper weight plan. LoL

http://m.youtube.com...yGc&view=videos

link no worky from pc. let me try Droid......<div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>ETA:  It worked on the phone, but I stopped watching at "JB Weld" and I suggest you do to.</div>

Edited by Stansplace

Check this guy out, seen this last night. Maybe it will help. I have not tried it but I would before the paper weight plan. LoL

link no worky from pc. let me try Droid......<div><br></div><div>ETA:  It worked on the phone, but I stopped watching at "JB Weld" and I suggest you do to.</div>

Youtube search kendrickmeadows and look at the md-20 rebuild I think is the name of it.

It locks into place because I can hear it. I did shave off a bunch and I think the lip isn't high enough as it is lower than my others that work fine. I think I'm pretty much screwed. Fucking file got away from me.

[/quote

It can be repaired

No worries mate.

Edited by saigatechusa

I would contact mike before you go to far I think he has a plastic welder to fix it

Correct! Jackal, please follow the advice to leave the jb weld in the drawer... There is no way it will last in 99% of gun applications and this one doesn't fall into that 1%. Even for that 1% there is probably 10 better CRAPPY fixes... Can you post or email me a side view of the rear mag catch?

link no worky from pc. let me try Droid......<div><br></div><div>ETA:  It worked on the phone, but I stopped watching at "JB Weld" and I suggest you do to.</div>

Youtube search kendrickmeadows and look at the md-20 rebuild I think is the name of it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kendrickmeadows#p/u/7/hPzpf6Q1yGc

Does it roll out of the mag well to the front or the rear when it falls out?

I would contact mike before you go to far I think he has a plastic welder to fix it

Correct! Jackal, please follow the advice to leave the jb weld in the drawer... There is no way it will last in 99% of gun applications and this one doesn't fall into that 1%. Even for that 1% there is probably 10 better CRAPPY fixes... Can you post or email me a side view of the rear mag catch?

post-30684-0-25529600-1298383547_thumb.jpg

post-30684-0-25529600-1298383547_thumb.jpg

post-30684-0-41083100-1298383884_thumb.jpg

Mike D. The MD-20 with the round in it fits perfect and runs like a champ with no issues. The MD-20 above without a round is the one that falls out once I fire a round. I can hear it click into the place but once a round is discharged it will fall out. If you look the MD-20 with the round has an edge for it to catch and I think I grounded too much off the other MD-20 becuase there is not as much of a edge for it to catch. Tks for taking a look at it Mike D

Edited by Jackal

As a welder I detest JB Weld, as it just takes more time to prep for a proper weld.

However, if you slotted the back of the mag, and fit in a new metal tab, and epoxied it into the slot, and rebuilt the top angle with JB weld, you may be able to do a decent patch.

I prefer other epoxies to JB weld, PC7 for example, it has a nice long work time.

I have used 2 10 round mags, a 12 round mag and an MD 20 drum. I have neve filed anything down on any of those mags. For the most part they are going to be a little tight at first, but as you gradually work them in and out of the weapon they should be fine. I found that the MD-20 will "swell" a little when you have it fully loaded but it will fit. I know not all guns are the same, but the aftermarket mags should be pretty damn close. Getting file happy ain't a good idea. If you look at the marks that your receiver puts on the top of the mag, you will know where to make corrections.

I have used JB weld to build up the back of a Russian 5 rnd mag so it would lock into my mag well (Russian) also have used it to put stainless steel feed lips on Zytel mags for M11/9 SMG. Never a problem..has worked for years. I would give JB weld a try or use a plastic specific epoxy to build up the area and refile. With any epoxy prep is everything and I cannot believe you took so much material off that a small build up and recontour would not fix it.

Excellent customer service as usual :smoke: