So i purchased the Belarus BP-02. I was looking for a quick release mount that had a low profile...

The BP-02 delivers. Very solid mount. It locks up tight, releases easily. If i had to say something wrong with this mount is that when sliding on the rail every once in a while it will hang up about half way on and i have to fidget with it to get it to slide all the way down. I would say 1 in 5 times it will hang up, its really not a problem. But if i had to FIND something, that would be it.

The pictures on Kalinkaoptics.com show a brass looking release lever and screws. Mine were all black, that made me very happy! The release is smooth. If you dont want a small scratch on the mount where the release lever travels you will have to be careful. I do not care about it, so it is not a con to me. If you are a perfectionist and something like that would irk you... maybe look into a different mount or be careful.

The mount DOES NOT sit centered on my rifle. If you are trying to co-witness (which you CAN NOT do with this mount) or are anal about symmetry then you will have shim this mount or find a different mount. I dont care about it sitting an 1/8th of an inch... maybe alittle more, to the right of center.

post-27379-0-31425300-1298264334_thumb.jpg

post-27379-0-42047400-1298264364_thumb.jpg

post-27379-0-93102900-1298264379_thumb.jpg

post-27379-0-18804400-1298264394_thumb.jpg

post-27379-0-64844500-1298264415_thumb.jpg

post-27379-0-98860400-1298264432_thumb.jpg

post-27379-0-90135200-1298264654_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

If you dont want a small scratch on the mount where the release lever travels you will have to be careful. I do not care about it, so it is not a con to me. If you are a perfectionist and something like that would irk you... maybe look into a different mount or be careful.

Heh, if you care about a scratch on the bottom of the optics rail, you probably arn't the type who is gonna love an AK.

Good review btw!

I just ordered one from Eastwave. Once it arrives, I'll post how it compares. I'm disappointed to hear that yours doesn't sit center, and I'm wondering if it should be like that? Could it be that the side mount is ok but the picatinny is off? Even the UTG AK side mount that I got from CSS sits center.

I take that back. The UTG is off a little bit, too. Man, that's gonna bother me from now on =p

Edited by Koljec

I just ordered one from Eastwave. Once it arrives, I'll post how it compares. I'm disappointed to hear that yours doesn't sit center, and I'm wondering if it should be like that? Even the UTG AK side mount that I got from CSS sits center.

Yeah, at least it sits PAST the centerline so you can shim the body to bring it back to center if you want. The mount is large as it sits... adding another 1/8th inch of shim might be an eye sore.

I just ordered one from Eastwave. Once it arrives, I'll post how it compares. I'm disappointed to hear that yours doesn't sit center, and I'm wondering if it should be like that? Even the UTG AK side mount that I got from CSS sits center.

Yeah, at least it sits PAST the centerline so you can shim the body to bring it back to center if you want. The mount is large as it sits... adding another 1/8th inch of shim might be an eye sore.

Your's is a 762x39? I'm going to compare the UTG on my 410 and 308.

Also, after reading some other posts about side mounts, this issue seems like and old one...

The UTG seems to sit better on the 308 than the 410. I'll be sure to check the difference with the BP-02.

Edited by Koljec

I found that the side rail mount system isent that great for the 308 beacouse the reciever meatal to rail rivets flex a little. i know if i can wigle or flex the scope it is not going to work accuratly. so i went with the beryl style mount from dph. but for a 12 or short range it would work fine

I found that the side rail mount system isent that great for the 308 beacouse the reciever meatal to rail rivets flex a little. i know if i can wigle or flex the scope it is not going to work accuratly. so i went with the beryl style mount from dph. but for a 12 or short range it would work fine

I did the same thing on my 308. I'm not sure if the flex would really affect accuracy, or if it would return to the same position, but it sure as shit BUGGED me.

Mine arrived yesterday from East Wave, Belarus. Took about a week and a half to arrive. Here are some photos:

post-26089-0-77941700-1299252478_thumb.jpg

^^^bp-02 mounted on Ver 21 w/ Vortex Viper 2-7x32 w/ low mount vortex rings.

post-26089-0-28854600-1299252486_thumb.jpg

^^^ close-up side view

post-26089-0-13851300-1299252491_thumb.jpg

^^^ top-down, seems like it aligns pretty well with the center of the receiver

post-26089-0-78902600-1299252497_thumb.jpg

^^^head on, again seems like it aligns pretty well with center of gun down through barrel

post-26089-0-64167200-1299252503_thumb.jpg

^^^ view through the viper -- red dot is a chambered bore sighter. range (<10') is too close to zero in with current mount height.

post-26089-0-15881400-1299252512_thumb.jpg

^^^ ver 21 next to 410 w/ UTG side mount.

It costs twice as much, but I think the BP-02 fits a little better all-around than the UTG. Happy with both. I think the UTG is good enough for the lesser accuracy required from the 410. And the bp-02 just seems like the right fit for a fine russian rifle.

Edited by Koljec

just curious koljec, did you have to adjust the tension of your release? Mine wasn't tight enough and could slide off from factory. My buddies did the same thing on my rifle, and he gets his rifle soon to see how it fits on his.

just curious koljec, did you have to adjust the tension of your release? Mine wasn't tight enough and could slide off from factory. My buddies did the same thing on my rifle, and he gets his rifle soon to see how it fits on his.

The tension seems good to start with (no wobble at all, but I haven't taken any shots with it yet, either), but a friend of mine needed to adjust the tension on his.

I don't know if it's the side mounts or non-conforming rail side plates. I think there was an article on this forum in the .223 section where the author discussed slightly filing the side plate because the mount wouldn't slide completely across it.