MD Arms V-Plug, 20-Round Drum, and Molot Style PG

This weekend I installed the MD Arms V-Plug, 20-round Drum, and Molot Style Pistol Grip on my brand new Tromix S06. I also bought 300-rounds of Remington Sport Loads from Wally World. Here are my results:

V-Plug: Removed the Stock Plug and screwed in the V-Plug. It was a little tough getting it screwed all the way down; when I thought it was all the way screwed in by hand, I used a wrench and screwed it in some more. I then backed it out to the #1 position and fired the first couple of rounds and had FTE's. I kept firing and adjusting until I was in position #5 where it reliably cycled with a AGP 10-rounder.

20-Round Drum: After I set my S06 to setting #5, I installed the 20-Round Drum. The first 15-rounds were FTE's and the last 5-rounds shot fine. So I went to the instructions which mention when using light loads, unwind the spring by one full turn. I did this and the Drum worked great after that.

Molot Style Pistol Grip: The fit on the PG is much better than the Tapco SAW PG as the neck or top of the PG where the web of your hand goes is much narrower. I stippled my PG with a wood burning kit from Harbor Freight and the fine-tipped stippling felt great after 300-rounds.

All in all, MD Arms makes great products and has well documented instructions. I highly recommend.

Bo

This weekend I installed the MD Arms V-Plug, 20-round Drum, and Molot Style Pistol Grip on my brand new Tromix S06. I also bought 300-rounds of Remington Sport Loads from Wally World. Here are my results:

V-Plug: Removed the Stock Plug and screwed in the V-Plug. It was a little tough getting it screwed all the way down; when I thought it was all the way screwed in by hand, I used a wrench and screwed it in some more. I then backed it out to the #1 position and fired the first couple of rounds and had FTE's. I kept firing and adjusting until I was in position #5 where it reliably cycled with a AGP 10-rounder.

20-Round Drum: After I set my S06 to setting #5, I installed the 20-Round Drum. The first 15-rounds were FTE's and the last 5-rounds shot fine. So I went to the instructions which mention when using light loads, unwind the spring by one full turn. I did this and the Drum worked great after that.

Molot Style Pistol Grip: The fit on the PG is much better than the Tapco SAW PG as the neck or top of the PG where the web of your hand goes is much narrower. I stippled my PG with a wood burning kit from Harbor Freight and the fine-tipped stippling felt great after 300-rounds.

All in all, MD Arms makes great products and has well documented instructions. I highly recommend.

Bo

Bo,

I have also just installed the V plug as you did and loaded up my new MD20 drum (I had no problem with it fitting in my Saiga 12) and cut loose on a "pine cone" without any malfunctions yet. I was shooting low base Federals with the setting on the plug at five. I will be running some more thru at a later date and wish I could use the drum when Dove season opens and maybe could knock one down if the Feds change the rules. Oh, I added a Limbsaver slip on to butt stock and what a difference. Mike Davidson, if you read this post, thanks for the great products. Reb

Edited by Reb
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...