FNG here, and a question.

I have been lurking for a week or so, reading, reading and more reading. Anytime i thought of a question i did a search first and found my answers.

My new Saiga 12 is at the shop currently undergoing a trigger conversion, addition of a pistol grip and a new stock.

I do have one question i didn't seem to find the answer too, maybe i should search more. But i see a ton of "muzzle breaks" on different sites when looking for accessories for the s12. They all look like some sort of stabbing weapon to be honest, but maybe they are supposed to be? Anyways, do these things work like choke tubes that i have on my over under I use for birds and clays? Someone enlighten me or point me in the right direction please.

Great place, and tons of info!

Welcome!

There are some set chokes (SGM makes some) and poly (adjustable) chokes. There are also brakes, compensators, and flash hiders. The brakes, comps, and hiders do not provide any choking ability. There are some poly chokes that are built with flash hider or breacher. It is debatable as to how much the brakes actually reduce recoil. You've probably been there, but check out Carolina Shooters Supply for lots of options.

If you want the ultimate stabbing weapon then look at Chaos' "Porcupine".

For muzzle attachments your general variety is:

Chokes

Muzzle Breaks

Flash Hiders

Breachers

Many of your attachments might perform more than one function like a breacher brake (probably the stabiness you're talking about), or a flash hider/choke. Its a matter of balancing what function you want it to perform with an appearance you can live with.

Most people agree that most brakes/comps do absolutly nothing for reducing recoil. They may be sold as muzzle breaks but they dont really do anything. Ive heard the tromix monster does work but i dont know personally. alot of the attachments on S12s do more for looks than anything. If you want performance the best you might get is a choke or maybe flash hiders but i have no idea how any of them work.