Saiga 12 pricing

I'm still new to saiga's. And while doing my research I came across some of these crazy things. Really $2000+ shotguns? They're not even hand built trap guns. I just don't see the $ stand point. Then I found the $250 priced drums and I'm like wtf? Finally found the reasonably priced drums. I was almost put off on buying a s12 with drums at that price. Cause I'm def going to want a couple.

I started buying Saigas recently because they've been reasonably priced and, once tuned, seem to last forever under less than optimum conditions. I just hope we all come to our senses... if we DON'T buy at these insane prices then the market will adjust so they're affordable again.

Lucky on that price and not needed a 10 day waiting period. I wish, we can do the same thing here in CA.

As an ex-Californian, and a happy Saiga owner in Indiana... run for yo' life..... naaaa.gif

We can buy Face to Face here and the transaction happens as fast as you can hand another free citizen the cash and he hands you the Saiga. THAT's the way AMERICA runs... and the way it's supposed to be!

California's a beautiful place and I still miss the weather. But I sure love the freedom more - and I won't be heading back anytime soon.

• Like 1

I went to Cheaper Than Dirt earlier in the day and they had a Saiga 12 unconverted model IZ109 for $699. Anyway on a side note, I engaged into a conversation with the guy about the prices and I made a comment on how they have gone up. He said, "They haven't, they have always been this price". I respectfully told him that he was wrong, and they were selling for $450-$500 all day at the gun shows a few years back. He made up some excuse that it must have been a Sunday and a "freak" occurrence or something. And it was obviously neither. I just thought it was funny that the guy had no idea what he was talking about, and here he is trying to inform me about a shotgun that he also had no clue about. Everytime I go in there I gotta wade through somebody's bullshit. Gotta love those 19 yoa gun salesmen.

Anyone in the Los Angeles area seen them reasonable? I ran across one for $799, but seems a bit high?

thanks.

Chris.

Last week S12s sold on Gunbroker for $750 (on average). Given that, $799 seem about right if you can pick it up immediately. If you shop around on the net you can probably find a few for $650-699

just called the local gun shop in indy on the southside on a whim and what do you know. they had one in stock for $549.00. I drove right over to pick it up. this will be my 3rd one in 3 weeks. first one $699.00 second one $519.00 and now this one at $549.00. Going to dump one at the gun show in three weeks to get money back for the $699.00. so they are still out there if you look.