AK identification help

MODs I appologize if this the wrong spot for this. delete if needed

Ran across gun that I'm interested in. need some help on the ID

built on a NDS reciever 2 digit serial- something like T00000XX

AK serial is 1982(triangle)(serial#) I fat-fingerd the button & the camera didn't record these picts icon_smile_dissapprove.gif

interesting features include the rear sight. that is integral to the hinged top cover. not the typical leaf sight- only has 2 position (like the AR A2 rear site). with a Cyrillic "N" and then 2-4 on the other.

flash hider is longer probably 2/2.5" with A2 like slots at the slant brake orientation (has detent)

best of all they seem to have installed the entire side folder kit less buttstock. anim_bannana.gif

these are the only picts I can provide until I get some more later.smiley_confused.gif f-ing camera phone

5e5z89.jpg

29ll0so.jpg

2gsjq7t.jpg

any help would be appreciated.

I'll just be here eating some strudel

9qy1ar.jpg

I can't offer you any useful knowledge on the type of weapon, but I would stay the hell away from it - if there's ever been a stock attached to that thing, that weapon is still considered an SBR. It'd make a sweet little SBR if you live in an NFA-friendly state. I'd just tread real carefully.

I can't offer you any useful knowledge on the type of weapon, but I would stay the hell away from it - if there's ever been a stock attached to that thing, that weapon is still considered an SBR. It'd make a sweet little SBR if you live in an NFA-friendly state. I'd just tread real carefully.

thanks....Idaho is plenty NFA friendly

it looks like NODAK sells receivers that allow this kit to happen. I still don't know if it is a demilled yugo or bulgy kit

looks like the yugo would have come with an underfolder w/non chrome barrel

and the bulgy came with a side folder and chromed barrel.

or it's a total mutt

or it could have a us barrel?

they want $1100 smiley_thinking.gif

I really like it though

it's how I would build a krink

It's tough to say exactly what it is. It could be a Romanian trunnion, with a different assembly attached. If I recall correctly, the Yugo M92 uses a trunnion that's pretty close (or identical) to an RPK trunnion. If that is indeed a Romanian trunnion, it's unlikely that it uses a Yugo barrel. Looks like a frankengun to me. The handguards looks Bulgarian, the trunnion appears to be Romanian, the stock mechanism is Russian or a copy thereof, if you inspect the barrel you can probably tell if it's chrome-lined. There is often some chrome "bleed" out of the chamber or bore in a chromed barrel. It's even possible that somebody chopped down a Draco pistol, and rebuilt it on a new receiver with a gas block, rear site block and dust cover purchased elsewhere, inexplicably with most of a Russian sidefolding stock setup.

Sorry, I'm baffled. But it would make a pretty sweet SBR with the sidefolder.

Thanks for the replies

Shandlanos, that sounds exactly what it is

I got some word back from an AK builder that this is likely a parts gun.

but looks like it could be a specialized build

combination of Bulgarian & Romanian front trunion, barrel, handgaurds, top cover. this creates a short/light/least bulky AK (over a conventional leaf sight & gas system.

nodak spud receiver appears well rivited. anyone know if the bolt that color means it is "hard chromed"

it has a bulgarian or russian sidefolder kit installed which I prefer for cheekweld

someone made it real easy to form 1 an SBR

I want this gun

Bulgy brake:

nvpc3a.jpg

Edited by luckypunk

More pics would be helpful. Any markings on the carrier? Can't tell from the pic if the carrier is chromed or just bare steel - more likely the latter, especially if it's a Yugo carrier. If the bolt is the same, it's even more likely the gun is from a Yugo kit. I don't know the Bulgarian short AK variants very well, but if I recall correctly the bolts and carriers are finished. It's a nifty gun, if it were several hundred dollars cheaper and not possibly a felony I'd be interested.

More pics would be helpful. Any markings on the carrier? Can't tell from the pic if the carrier is chromed or just bare steel - more likely the latter, especially if it's a Yugo carrier. If the bolt is the same, it's even more likely the gun is from a Yugo kit. I don't know the Bulgarian short AK variants very well, but if I recall correctly the bolts and carriers are finished. It's a nifty gun, if it were several hundred dollars cheaper and not possibly a felony I'd be interested.

Doing my own research/ looking at confirmed bulgy parts, I found that the kit is a bulgarian Krink.

BUT the front trunion is clearly a from an '82 romy G kit, The barrel does appear chrome lined at the chamber, so bulgy but could be romy. I did not pull HGs or FH to look for marks. The bore looked brand new bright & shiny sharp rifling.

Other markings: the front gas block/site has a #2 near the sling loop

the only other part that may not be bulgy is the bolt/carrier which apparently could be yugo. it is unfinished with no polishing (or filing marks :rolleyes: ), looks like a apparently(weak understanding of this) some bolts are a higher nickle/or chromium and are near stainless/and possibly won't take blueing. it has no markings but I don't remember closely looking at the LH side, I was more interested in quality of the parts/build/cool factor- than of obsessing about each & every part like I am now.

Whoever did the built did a iiho very clean job, perfect rivets/no scratches or dents using a quality reciever. and obviously intended to SBR it at some time. I would likely do that if I get it and can put a few hundred rounds through it without ANY problems

It really has been fun scouring the net searching the seemingly endless variations of the AK

as far as the price, it looks very fair concidering the price of the kits. in fact It looks cheaper that I could build it

Edited by luckypunk

qybk92.jpg

took the little bitch out to function test with some old lacquer wolf and it was entirely enjoyable to shoot.

loaded just one round first & it passed the "didn't blow up" test....... case looked fine, had absolutely no trigger slap and low perceived recoil & blast from the last yugo I had awhile back...... but Wow what a wallop of terminal ballistics. too used to .223

did a bump-dump from the hip but the wife missed it. got me on this one actually trying to "aim"

5v6g04.jpg

after a few boxes more the grip screw loosened up, so I figured I wouldn't push it. Damn thing was a boogered up slotted screw with no washer smiley_thinking.gif that I replaced with a nicer allen head.

tearing it apart now, it has an Arsenal logo trigger, a few #s on the barrel, a few different ones on the carrier....ect. seems to be totally PAKI MADE!...I love it

SBR picts to follow