I know most of you are too far away to make use of this offer, but I though I might post it anyway. I’ve owned it since 1978. I went through it last winter to prepare it for my son who was just turning 16, and poured a ton of money and time into it getting it completely sorted out (I have receipts for everything marked “NEW”).

He now says he doesn’t want it :( He’d rather have a “regular” car.

Eve_Landcruiser.jpg

After long reflection and soul-searching I’ve decided to sell it. Here are the salient details:

Engine:

IMG_0146.jpg

350 Chevy 4-bolt main

High output oil pump

Centerforce clutch and pressure plate

Auto-Meter fluid-filled oil pressure gauge with SS braided Teflon lines

NEW Edelbrock 650cfm carb w/ manual choke

NEW Edelbrock performer intake

NEW Edelbrock air cleaner

NEW exhaust system front to back: all work done by Meineke.

NEW billet high-perf HEI distributor, NEW plugs and plug wires

NEW hoses, thermostat and fan belt

100 amp high-output alternator

New battery, heavy duty battery box and “0” gage cables.

Fuel System:

cruisertank.jpg

NEW Holley high-perf blue pump and Holley adjustable regulator

NEW OEM replacement all-steel fuel tank

NEW fuel level sender

NEW fuel lines front to back

Driveline:

Downey off-road aluminum bellhousing, engine mounts & transmission output shaft brace.

Toyota factory 4-speed transmission with floor shift

Toyota factory transfer case with floor shift

Power front disk brakes & drum rears with SS braided Teflon hoses. All brakes freshly serviced

NEW brake master cylinder

Toyota factory 3rd members w/ 4.11 gear ratio

Aftermarket front hub locks freshly serviced

All front end bearings freshly serviced

NEW speedometer cable

Suspension:

11-09.jpg

Approx 6-8” SOA lift done by me (I’m a mechanical engineer with many years of pro fabricating experience). Factory springs mean no loss of articulation and no ultra stiff ride, even though it’s nice and tall

35x12.50x15 tires on chrome 15x10 rims. Good tires all around but NEW tires on front

NEW wheel studs, tire valves and lug nuts

Heavy duty shackles with urethane bushings

Body:

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

Paint is factory red and polishes up nicely. Very little rust for its age; some in the driver’s floorboards and the usual rear corners. I treated all the rust with rust converter and plated over the floorboards. Body is not perfectly straight but looks great and no Bondo anywhere.

Factory bucket seats with NEW factory-style upholstery

Factory rear jump seats with NEW upholstery (that I haven’t installed yet)

NEW seat belts all around. Front seats upgraded to modern retractable 3-point type

Optional factory rear heater w/ NEW copper lines

Locking glove box

Factory center console

NEW turn signal switch

NEW ignition switch

All lights and electrical systems work perfectly

Bestop black vinyl top with NEW rear window, no rips or tears

Bestop black vinyl bikini top

Factory steel doors with roll-up glass windows, NEW inside door handles

Factory roll bar

2” receiver hitch

Locking gas door and ignition keys match

Late-model Chevy inside mirror with courtesy lights

Heated ultra heavy duty outside mirror

Sale will include factory manuals, wiring diagrams and 30 years of my notes, receipts, Hi-Lift jack and spare parts

Edited by BobAsh

lol yeah that pic is a few years old, but the only one I had of the whole body. I'm going to try to take some new ones tonight.

Hey that reminds me: make plans to come to Rumore's birthday party this year.

Hey that reminds me: make plans to come to Rumore's birthday party this year.

It's long overdue...

Crap! I just remembered! Chainsaw stencils!!

keep it and let him buy his own car or...... In a year he will wish he had it. To change his mind take him 4 wheeling or camping/ hunting trip and maybe he will figure out how cool it is or, Let him drive it to school and when everyone sees how awesome it is, he'll keep it.

I just paid off my pickup, wish I saw this sooner and I would have given you the cash and some of my arsenal to have that beauty.

I don't "need" the money, but I don't want to store it anymore. Like I said, I've had it for 32 years, been storing it for my son for the last 9 or so.

I've stored it long enough! Someone is going to get an Ash family heirloom!

keep it and let him buy his own car or...... In a year he will wish he had it. To change his mind take him 4 wheeling or camping/ hunting trip and maybe he will figure out how cool it is or, Let him drive it to school and when everyone sees how awesome it is, he'll keep it.

I just paid off my pickup, wish I saw this sooner and I would have given you the cash and some of my arsenal to have that beauty.

He's been driving it for a year. Kids nowadays, they're just not like we were.

He just wants a 4-door POS that gets great mileage so he and his buddys can drive around. Where did I go wrong LOL!?!

Nice toyota! I have a regular pos car I can trade. 01 toyota solara 4cyl good on gas 180,000 miles. Daily driver :D

Just out of curiosity. Why did people swap the Toyota engine for the chevy 350s? I always see that!

Edited by Arik

Nice toyota! I have a regular pos car I can trade. 01 toyota solara 4cyl good on gas 180,000 miles. Daily driver :D

Just out of curiosity. Why did people swap the Toyota engine for the chevy 350s? I always see that!

Twice the torque, twice the HP. The original motor was an inline 6.

Twice the torque, twice the HP. The original motor was an inline 6.

Which was a non-compatable clone of an early Chevy 6. Sounds like justice to me! :D

Which was a non-compatable clone of an early Chevy 6. Sounds like justice to me! :D

Bill, you're exactly correct and few people know this. It was a straight-out "metrified" copy.

The factory 6 was also 200 pounds heavier than the small block chevy. There's plenty of room under the hood for it too. Not to mention availabilty of parts and accessories.

The transmission design was lifted from a US source as well, though I cant remember which. It makes the conversion easy though; the flywheel, clutch, pressure plate and throwout bearing are GM and the trans input shaft slips right in.

The Toyota parts were so similar that back in the day guys used to do the V8 conversion with no custom parts at all; the Toyota 3-speed trans bolts right up to a chevy bellhousing. Mine is a (later-model) 4-speed though and isn't as lucky...I've seen it done with just a plate but the custom bellhousing is the clean way to go. In fact no aspect of this conversion looks cobbled-up at all, looks like it grew there.

Damn, that's almost like how my little brother says that the new mustangs look better than the classics.

Gas mileage and fiberglass bodies over power and 4 wheel drive. I just don't get it. If I lived closer, I'd gladly trade my 4-door, gas efficient Camry to get the funds for this.

Edited by Salmonking

You could keep the truck and swap out the son. :angel:

J/K good luck and it does look great for 32 years!

LMAO don't think I didn't consider it!

Oh the memories I've made in that cruiser...

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.