New converted Saiga 12! Pic inside

Well, Finally finished my conversion! I bought everything from Greg at CSS, awesome to deal with and super fast shipping! I went with a CAA pistol grip, magpul CTR stock with CAA aluminum tube, Tapco FCG, Tromix DIY trigger guard, and topped it off with a surefire 12 rnd mag :) The forend, retainer and 4 sided rail is from arsenal. I smoothed and polished the feed ramp, bolt, carrier, and rails. I cut a notch in the BHO so I can remove the safety selecter without removing the BHO. I can load a full mag, and the action is really smooth :) I had a bit of dremeling on the inside of the grip to fit the tromix trigger guard, along with some filing, and cutting a notch in the bottom of the tube to clear the last trigger guard screw. All in all, Im super happy with the results! This saiga pulls up super nice and is super comfy! Cant wait to shoot it on friday! Here is a pic, tell me what you think. Need to order a extended mag release, quick release sight mount and an auto plug to finish her off. After I shoot it this weekend I will tear it back apart and dura coat the receiver with their tactical black. Tell me what you think,

Rob

post-31396-0-44284600-1298412671_thumb.jpg

Edited by WESLEY 3

Well, Finally finished my conversion! I bought everything from Greg at CSS, awesome to deal with and super fast shipping! I went with a CAA pistol grip, magpul CTR stock with CAA aluminum tube, Tapco FCG, Tromix DIY trigger guard, and topped it off with a surefire 12 rnd mag :) The forend, retainer and 4 sided rail is from arsenal. I smoothed and polished the feed ramp, bolt, carrier, and rails. I cut a notch in the BHO so I can remove the safety selecter without removing the BHO. I can load a full mag, and the action is really smooth :) I had a bit of dremeling on the inside of the grip to fit the tromix trigger guard, along with some filing, and cutting a notch in the bottom of the tube to clear the last trigger guard screw. All in all, Im super happy with the results! This saiga pulls up super nice and is super comfy! Cant wait to shoot it on friday! Here is a pic, tell me what you think. Need to order a extended mag release, quick release sight mount and an auto plug to finish her off. After I shoot it this weekend I will tear it back apart and dura coat the receiver with their tactical black. Tell me what you think,

Rob

What's the difference between that stock and the Tapco T6? That one looks a bit more heavy duty, but is it heavier?

Rob

What's the difference between that stock and the Tapco T6? That one looks a bit more heavy duty, but is it heavier?

Well there is a LOT of difference between that stock and the Tapco T6. Primarily, the manufacturer. Magpul makes that stock, as he previously said. It is also a little heavier but not by much. The butt pad availability options for that stock are a lot wider. It comes with a .25" butt pad from the factory and can be upgraded to a .50" or .70" pad which is very nice on the S12. Also the CTR, as opposed to the Magpul MOE, has a tab you can lock it into position with so that it has absolutely no wiggle or jiggle once n position.

Thanks jj the gun man. I have no experience with the tapco stocks. I really like magpul products and I want one for my ar, so that's why I bought this one. I really like it. No play or wiggle. Very solid and not very heavy. I will be upgrading the pad and maybe add the cheek pad as well.

Would you recommend the .70 pad for the recoil on the 12? I haven't shot mine yet. How is the recoil, is it similar to other 12 ga shotguns?

Thanks jj the gun man. I have no experience with the tapco stocks. I really like magpul products and I want one for my ar, so that's why I bought this one. I really like it. No play or wiggle. Very solid and not very heavy. I will be upgrading the pad and maybe add the cheek pad as well.

Would you recommend the .70 pad for the recoil on the 12? I haven't shot mine yet. How is the recoil, is it similar to other 12 ga shotguns?

I would highly reccomend the .70" pad for the S12 because for magpul stocks, unless you're doing a custom hack job on a pachmayer or some other kind of soft butt pad, the .70" magpul is as good as it gets for those stocks. They are more of an extremely soft plastic than a piece of rubber. It is very comfortable to shoulder but the recoil, is what it is. You're going to get it no matter what with a Saiga 12. I think it comes down mostly to weight of the gun and the amount of $ you put into the butt pad/stock set up that determines recoil; Other than the type of round you use of coarse. There's a thread around here concerning this topic. It is similar to other shotguns, just faster :rolleyes: , but like I said, it comes down to the round fired, weight of the gun and $ into the stock&pad.