Yes....putting my FSB back on.

Having acquired a cheap stock Saiga FSB I'm gonna put it back on and thread the barrel like I should have for the FSC47.....

I have a press, etc.

Interestingly enough, the bore of this FSB is smooth. Probably will need to be drilled and pinned to the existing barrel dimples.

Anyone done this lately? Supporting the receiver and lubing the barrel is critical.

Being the impatient individual I am, I endeavored to replace the front sight block, herein "FSB" from now on, last night. Thusly a generous coating of PB Blaster was applied to said barrel and the FSB lovingly "tapped" on with a soft faced dead blow hammer. It slid on nicely with about 5/8" yet to seat, as a result of no serious smacking with the earlier referenced instrument. Thinking ahead, this ultimate 5/8 likely will necessitate removal in accommodation of a forthcoming FSC47 brake and hider. In addition, FSB was also aligned merely by eyeballing, and seems reasonably close, but ultimately will require examination with a diminutive sight bubble level to achieve the proper 90 degree angle to the barrel......

Edited by alex e
  • 4 weeks later...

Being the impatient individual I am, I endeavored to replace the front sight block, herein "FSB" from now on, last night. Thusly a generous coating of PB Blaster was applied to said barrel and the FSB lovingly "tapped" on with a soft faced dead blow hammer. It slid on nicely with about 5/8" yet to seat, as a result of no serious smacking with the earlier referenced instrument. Thinking ahead, this ultimate 5/8 likely will necessitate removal in accommodation of a forthcoming FSC47 brake and hider. In addition, FSB was also aligned merely by eyeballing, and seems reasonably close, but ultimately will require examination with a diminutive sight bubble level to achieve the proper 90 degree angle to the barrel......

Being new to the forum and reading through to get my edjumacashun about AK's, I just made it to this thread. Your above vocabulary cracked me the eff up. Well said, fine sir, well said.

-ASC