How good is your memory?

Someone mentioned it briefly on another forum and it got me curious. I had been looking into shotguns and was thinking about an 870 but when I saw the S12 and then this site I knew I had to have one. Then many months after acquiring it, I realized I'd spent enough on it to not want to use it for HD so I did pick up an 870. :)

This was mid-2009.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tales of the Gun over the ak on the history channel. 2:20 1st time I saw one. 6:00 you get to see Mikhail Kalashnikov and Eugene Stoner have a sit down.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=075YUx2

by the way sunnybean your avatar is second place to xxINFIDELxx's avatar.   I did find this though booty competition

I'm a pistol marksman above all. I'm good with a rifle & shottie, but my passion is & always has been my pistols. That's what I carry & am most likely to have to use. One of my favorite

Posted Images

yep about 4 years ago when I picked it up from my FFL. Most folks, even some guys into guns, still don't know what they are. Mine now has an ace folder, hk sights, chaos tri rail, md20 drum, wedge. The only thing left I want is to cut the barrel back and permanently attach a warthog and maybe install the LRBHO. maybe. I had it out when a guy came over and he asked if it was air soft because it didn't think it could be real.

What is a wedge?

Some one tried to invade my home around 2 AM, and I realized that I wanted something more powerful than a 9mm if things ever got bad. I went to my range/gunshop looking for a shotgun and saw the saiga 12. One of the guys behind the desk recommended an 870 to me do to the increased capacity, the "mental effect" of a pump shotgun, and because he considered the S-12 to be unrealiable. All I can say is thank God for the internet.

I found your forum, posted a few questions, and caught the addiction. Maybe I'll eventually get an 870, but IMO the S12 is more than enough of a shotgun for me.

I agree on the intimidation factor of hearing a pump gun go sniker-snack. But...and heres my story...

I was living in rural Mississippi at the time, it was about 2am, when I heard russeling by my trash cans, thinking it was a coon having fun, but just to be sure I grabbed my S12, and a 5 rounder and went out back. As I approched the cans, a sillouette of something larger than a coon popped up, I droped the saftey lever on the S12 and the sound of the bolt chambering a round got the sillouette attention , and all I heard was feet beating a path through the brush, I hope he/she crapped their pants, better than getting a load of buck in your shorts. After about 2 hours of waiting to see if any more noises needed attention, I broke down my S12 and cleaned and lubed her just for being a good girl.

HUZZAH!!

+1 for Deadliest Warrior......watched that show did a double take and said to myself WTF was that!!!!!!

Found this site and bought one the next day....lucked out and got on Tonys list at Tromix and now no turning back

I believe the first time I "saw" an S12 was actually in the PC game Battlefield 2. The S12K is actually the standard weapon for the engineer kit/class. Of course I didn't actually Get in to the weapon until I stumbled upon these forums and bought mine with my tax return about two years ago.

Now I want a saiga in every caliber!

2006 I was at a local dealer with my boy just looking and we found a few different saiga's in the used gun section long story short he ended up buying the .223.. I remember seeing the .223, 12 gauge and 20 gauge at that time.. we fucking loved that .223 becuz of the huge fireballs it would spit out but had no idea about conversions.. fast foward 4 years I had an urge to buy an AK so I started doing some research online read about the Saiga conversion and will never regret not going the Saiga route... after my first conversion on the ak74 I caught the addiction and bought the saiga12 a couple months later.. now im hooked man and if i had the doe i would buy 10 more saiga12s but regardless my cousin kiddjubbz been on this forum a year before me and hes next up!!

The first time i saw a saiga-12 was way back in 2000-2001ish. Kinda gets hazzey but CDNN investments were selling them super cheap. No one really knew what to make of them, at least i didnt. Couldn't find very much info about them back then. EAA Corp. was importing them and they almost couldnt be given away. Yep, $199 for the basic 12g and $229 for the adjustable rib and bolt hold open($179 for the .308s and $129 for the .223s). My father suggested i buy one, i just passed it up until i saw a picture of an un-neutered s-12 on world.guns.ru. didnt know they had the same internals and receiver dimentions as a regular AK, when i found out i was sold. I Bought all of my conversion parts from K-Var Corp. and all i had to do was was wait for the 94'AW ban to sunset. Converted it the night the ban sunset back in 2004:). Everyone who saw it after it was converted was like "Oh my God!"

probably in 2005, i invited a couple budddies to come shoot clays. one showed up with a s12, i thought it was a cool gun but didn't know anything about them so i wasn't all that interested til i saw the saiga thread on pirate a couple months ago and read about converting, after that it was on :super:

I was looking for information on parts for the ak i had at the time, and dont remember where i saw it, but saw they came in shotgun form. so off i go to the local shop, asked for one, they didnt have one, but got a call a week later that they had one in.

279 bucks. went in, plopped a deposit down, and a week later that was that. having it for a few months, i kept searching for more information on the internet, and found this place.

Sad but true I had not even heard of one till Red Jacket came onto the scene with "Sons of Guns". I had just bought my WASR-10 the weekend before the first episode. (Boy the wife loved it when I came and said I want another gun just days after the AK purchase :lolol: ) That night did some research and I could not beleive there was such a thing, lol! I was lucky enough thanks to folks here to point me in the direction of K-Var after all my options I found were of course "out of stock". I ordered mine as soon as I could and have enjoyed it every sense. It was the first time I made an online firearm purchase as well. Thanks to that show and this forum I have what I have today!!:super:

• Like 1

Found them here while looking to replace my long sold off AK's right after the AWB expired. Probably Ben, Shannon, and Brian's (better known as Bvamp, Cobra, and Dinzag). Took me just a few weeks to track one down at CDNN for $230ish :haha: and convert it. Back then you only had two options-make it, or send it to Tromix. Times have changed........

I had no firearms at all. I knew I wanted to get a pistol, a shotgun, and a rifle. Somehow thought that was all I'd ever need...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa!! Friend of mine owns a gun store. Went in and started the search to fill my requirements. I tell him I'm thinking of getting an AK for reliability and a shotgun for home defense, without skipping a beat he reaches behind him and says "How about a shotgun that's also an AK?". It was love at first site. Came home researched the gun, found this site, purchased gun a few weeks later with that years tax return. Now tax return time has become a ritualistic gun buying holiday for me.

First saw it on TV's Firefly but didn't know it. Found out about the existence of the S12 in early 2007 when I saw one at a gunshow. Knew I wanted it but couldn't afford it at the time. Saw another one in December 08 and took it home.

Heard some noise about an AK in 12ga......Looked around on the 'net and found the Saiga-12 site first..... That was the first picture I'd seen of an S-12 !! Dug around a little further and found a shop relatively nearby up in the Tulsa area, a town named Broken Arrow..........called 'em up and asked to come up so I could see one, not just a picture.........

The first S-12 I ever saw first hand was in the TROMIX shop, with Tony Rumore holding it !! First time I met Bob Ash, as well !! 2005, best I can remember......

When my gunshop first got a batch of them from EAA back in 2003-2004, not quite sure.

I bought one the second I saw it, knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that's the gun I'll be 100% happy with for the rest of my life. Was sold new in box as a 2001 model year, and it's still propped up against my desk, the same one in my signature.

She's had a long hard life with me. Shame I didn't know much about gas settings way back when, I put some pretty good dents in my trunion but it runs perfect, and always has. I have never once in all these years had a jam or malfunction unless I was on the wrong gas setting or trying to shoot walmart bulk 8# shot.

(The damage happened way back when, and has never proven to be any kind of problem at all. Thousands of rounds afterwards and still nothing going wrong.)

Edited by Tombs

I didnt hear that spetsnaz guy complain one time about the stock or trigger or how it was not balanced and not a real saiga 12..

That's Sonny, from what I've told he's a really knowledgeable and friendly guy.. He's also on warrior talk and comes across as a nice guy. Has plenty of vids on AK tactics and teaches systema classes. And I'm sure he knew better but it was probably all deadliest warrior got ahold of and I don't think DW would have been thrilled with him saying they got a crappy/wrong gun. And they wouldn't of shown it anyways.

Saw one shooting IPSC back in the day and thought to myself, I wish I had more money (was shooting limited with a stock 9mm). Forgot about the gun for a handful of years and then saw one on a website specializing in top end Race Guns and thought it'd be cool to have one but I can't in Kalifornia. Forgot about it for some time while I looked into other semi suto shotguns. Didn't like the thought of blowing large wads of cash for a Benelli, but didn't like the thought of having to build and baby an 1100. Also loading a tube fed shot gun just didn't make sense to me. Then, thanks to all the recent anti-gun hysteria I sucked it up, read up on local gun laws and bought an S12. LOVE IT! Yeah it's unconverted but with the mods (full reliability job, new wood furniture for it, Primary Arms mini red dot on an Ultimak rail, and a Poly choke) I am plenty happy, just wish I could loose the BB =/

Rob

Edited by whoizrob

I saw a repeat of the movie (Alien Nation) about 3 years ago, and liked the pump shotgun with the magazine. I typed in "mag fed 12 gauge" on Google and found this place. I brushed up on my local gun laws, lurked for a while, then got one and converted it.

I always wondered if whatever shotgun that was in the opening of Alien Nation was a real product that accepted a drum like that or just a prop. I was just thinking/wondering about it the other day too. It looked like a regular pump or auto, but they then switched to the drum when the two detectives interrupted their heist and started shooting through the car they were using as cover.

AFAIK, Knoxx didn't come out with their drum conversion until the 2000's, well after the movie came out. And theirs is not switchable on the fly either.

I remember first seeing the 12ga Saiga's in CDNN around 2000 or so. And they were actually "too cheap" then and it was always a "later" kind of thing. Then I noticed the drums start showing up a few years back on the gun boards and I realized "Holy Crap! Same thing as the USAS-12, but cheaper/simpler!" and it went onto the "definitely going to buy list.

Then last November I got an unexpected performance bonus at work, and a review of my gun collection indicated the Saiga was the most new/different thing to add to the mix that left over plenty of money for conversion parts. Then the SHOT Show/ATF rumors about the report started hitting, as well as Izhsmash going T.U. and I realized while I was kicking myself from when they were only $199, I had finally "gotten in" before something went unobtanium. 000.gif

Edited by AJ Dual

I saw a repeat of the movie (Alien Nation) about 3 years ago, and liked the pump shotgun with the magazine. I typed in "mag fed 12 gauge" on Google and found this place. I brushed up on my local gun laws, lurked for a while, then got one and converted it.

I always wondered if whatever shotgun that was in the opening of Alien Nation was a real product that accepted a drum like that or just a prop. I was just thinking/wondering about it the other day too. It looked like a regular pump or auto, but they then switched to the drum when the two detectives interrupted their heist and started shooting through the car they were using as cover.

AFAIK, Knoxx didn't come out with their drum conversion until the 2000's, well after the movie came out. And theirs is not switchable on the fly either.

I remember first seeing the 12ga Saiga's in CDNN around 2000 or so. And they were actually "too cheap" then and it was always a "later" kind of thing. Then I noticed the drums start showing up a few years back on the gun boards and I realized "Holy Crap! Same thing as the USAS-12, but cheaper/simpler!" and it went onto the "definitely going to buy list.

Then last November I got an unexpected performance bonus at work, and a review of my gun collection indicated the Saiga was the most new/different thing to add to the mix that left over plenty of money for conversion parts. Then the SHOT Show/ATF rumors about the report started hitting, as well as Izhsmash going T.U. and I realized while I was kicking myself from when they were only $199, I had finally "gotten in" before something went unobtanium. 000.gif

if you still dont know what shotgun that was in alien nation here is the info http://www.imfdb.org...le=Alien_Nation

if you still dont know what shotgun that was in alien nation here is the info http://www.imfdb.org...le=Alien_Nation

Ah, thanks. Although the box and the drum must be "movie magic"/props only, since the lift-gate is still clearly visible and would have blocked rounds coming from anywhere but the tube magazine.