Just picked this one up today, and i can't wait to take it to the range. I've owned many other "Assault" style shotguns, but this is one that i have desired since i was a little kid. As a young child I would dream of an 800 series Terminator Riding on the back of a Velociraptor holding this very shotgun (Awesome idea for a shirt BTW). So needless to say, i am pretty stoked about finally getting one.

IMAG0033-2.jpg

IMAG0034-2.jpg

IMAG0037-1.jpg

This gun is in great shape, and i got a pretty decent deal on it as well. I paid $675 with both stock sets, the hook, a Mag tube extension and a few other goodies.

It was stuck in semi-auto mode when i got it because it was sitting in a safe for the past 10 years and the lube that the previous owner used turned to molasses, I was eventually able to take it apart and free it up with some CLP. (holy run-on sentence)

In the event that SHTF, i will still grab the Saiga 12, but this is still a badass Zombie/Cyborg/Dinosaur killing piece of machinery :)

• Like 3

675! I was in a shop over christmas that had one for 1200. Beautiful gun though!

Yeah? When he said $675 I about shit my pants!! You got one hell of a deal, I always wanted one.

Who ever sold it didn't know what he had. I guess?

675! I was in a shop over christmas that had one for 1200. Beautiful gun though!

Yeah? When he said $675 I about shit my pants!! You got one hell of a deal, I always wanted one.

Who ever sold it didn't know what he had. I guess?

He knew what he had, and was asking $750 since he couldnt get it into "pump" mode. I low balled him, and he went with it.. It took me about 2 hours to get the thing apart since the gas shut off was completely seized up. I had to "improvise" to get the thing apart since you need to move the pump mechanism back to fully disassemble the upper assembly and take the barrel out.

He knew what he had, and was asking $750 since he couldnt get it into "pump" mode. I low balled him, and he went with it.. It took me about 2 hours to get the thing apart since the gas shut off was completely seized up. I had to "improvise" to get the thing apart since you need to move the pump mechanism back to fully disassemble the upper assembly and take the barrel out.

Still a good deal even with 2 hours of work. Defiantly a menacing looking piece of hardware. :super:

• 4 weeks later...

" As a young child I would dream of an 800 series Terminator Riding on the back of a Velociraptor holding this very shotgun " LOL!! Grats. That is an awesome price for one. My friend has been contemplating on seeling his to buy a saiga but, he cannot part with it for the same reason.

I was told of a resource for spare parts, and they actually have some in stock. I'll dig it up if anyone needs the info.

Could you please? I am sick of guessing at the rockwell hardness of hand made stuff for these.

Will get the info and post it tomorrow.

" As a young child I would dream of an 800 series Terminator Riding on the back of a Velociraptor holding this very shotgun "

yeah I grew up in the 80's too, watching action movies, this is definately one I was going to have to buy the day I turned 18...most of the rest were semi auto SMGs and Machine pistols. Miami Vice...

Just saw a newer movie last night with a Spas, Bad Lieutenant (the Nicolas Cage one)

I was told of a resource for spare parts, and they actually have some in stock. I'll dig it up if anyone needs the info.

Could you please? I am sick of guessing at the rockwell hardness of hand made stuff for these.

The guy I checked with says he got parts from Carlson's in Atwood, KS, (785) 626-3078 or 626-3700. I am looking at a copied sheet with an exploded diagram of a SPAS and numbered parts. He'd also been sent a price list. Hope this is helpful.

you know, im rather surprised some other company hasnt built a clone of the SPAS 12, or at least, a pump only version to avoid any potential complications with evil features like semi auto with pistol grip and collapsible stock, and the importation ban which was imposed on them.

personally, i love the SPAS 12. id definitely buy one if i could

The guy I checked with says he got parts from Carlson's in Atwood, KS, (785) 626-3078 or 626-3700. I am looking at a copied sheet with an exploded diagram of a SPAS and numbered parts. He'd also been sent a price list. Hope this is helpful.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

• 3 weeks later...

"The guy I checked with says he got parts from Carlson's in Atwood, KS, (785) 626-3078 or 626-3700. I am looking at a copied sheet with an exploded diagram of a SPAS and numbered parts. He'd also been sent a price list. Hope this is helpful."

Did you happen to see if he has a forearm for the PA-3. I'm wondering if that handle can be fitted to the Serbu Super Shorty's action bar arrangement. I'd definately get one if so. Not real keen on the folding one the Serbu comes with, I wouldn't be carring it in a holster, something for the car or 3 AM knock at the door.

"The guy I checked with says he got parts from Carlson's in Atwood, KS, (785) 626-3078 or 626-3700. I am looking at a copied sheet with an exploded diagram of a SPAS and numbered parts. He'd also been sent a price list. Hope this is helpful."

Did you happen to see if he has a forearm for the PA-3. I'm wondering if that handle can be fitted to the Serbu Super Shorty's action bar arrangement. I'd definately get one if so. Not real keen on the folding one the Serbu comes with, I wouldn't be carring it in a holster, something for the car or 3 AM knock at the door.

Guess I'd give them a call and find out.

god i do love the spas. bought one new waaay back in the day. paid $250 for it sold it a year or so later for $200. then poof, they were gone. had the sister gun to it too, the law 12. both were just plane badass. but youth is wasted on the young, didnt think they would ever be anything other than a novelty. buy and sell, sell and buy. until one day a bureaucrat says " no sir, cant have those anymore"

good find! keep it and shoot the crap out of it.

We had quite a lot of those over here and I have shot several. Can't say I liked it much as it is a great heavy lump but it does look good. I remember there were some safety issues back then with the lever safety versions. This one looks like it has the button safety in the picture so should be OK.The original Guns & Ammo recall is attached FYI.

post-1223-0-79331400-1304157027_thumb.jpg

We had quite a lot of those over here and I have shot several. Can't say I liked it much as it is a great heavy lump but it does look good. I remember there were some safety issues back then with the lever safety versions. This one looks like it has the button safety in the picture so should be OK.The original Guns & Ammo recall is attached FYI.

Capture 7.JPG

I remember befor I even bought my first S-12 I was going to get a Law-12. Basicly a pump only version.

I was so dissapointed when I went home and found out about that. Thankfully the store owner allowed me to use the money I had down on it to purchase another gun.

• 1 month later...

Woah, I haven't been around and I'm way late, but that was an unbelievable steal. I'd feel cheated taking double for it...imo it's as desirable a SPAS as you can get (sling, crossbolt safety, old style folding stock with the hook, extra stock and tube, and the elusive SPAS tool). Several months ago I saw a folding stock selling on gunbroker for $450...somebody was really bidding that much...for just the stock.

Hope you've replaced the buffer, though...even if the stock one looks good, it has to go. When I found mine, it had hardly been fired and the buffer was broken and rattling around inside the receiver.

post-1223-0-79331400-1304157027_thumb.jpg

I remember befor I even bought my first S-12 I was going to get a Law-12. Basicly a pump only version.

I was so dissapointed when I went home and found out about that. Thankfully the store owner allowed me to use the money I had down on it to purchase another gun.

The SAS-12 is the pump version. The LAW is the semi-auto :P

Yeah, I bought a choke for my SPAS from them and they included the diagram and crap with the order.