.223 AR Adapter Qs

Morning gents, I received the renegadebuck adapter for my .223. I've been doing some test fitting with the gun and everything seems to fit fine with no modification. Is this normal? Could I have received a gun that requires no fitting? The gentleman whom I bought it from also gave sent along an AR mag. It seems to be modified a bit, the metal lip has been cut down, but it chambers a round just fine. I picked up some cheapy AR mags (I know, bad idea) and they don't seem to be chambering the round. Is it because they are cheap or because I do need to modify something. Either way, all 3 mags fit up into the mag well and stop at the mag well stoppers just fine.

I've been kicking around the idea of making my own adapter, it seems that you would have to either grind down the mags or the mag stop so that the mag will fit all the way up and feed the bullets well. That was just my observation but YMMV!

Cory

Fitting the adapter to the rifle, doesn't require any fitting. Getting the AR15 magazine to go far enough inside the mag well does usually require some minor grinding inside. At the trunnion. When the top of the magazine touches. You'll know, because the AR15 magazine won't go far enough in to lock into the renegadebuck adapter. If you have any detailed questions, you should contact Mike. "Renegadebuck". He will definitely help you through it. OR.... You can modify the AR15 magazines. That is a very easy option. You can buy USGI mags for $5-$6 a piece. Some people prefer that to modding the trunnion of the rifle. I modified the rifle and it works fine. Definitely contact renegadebuck with questions. He's #1 in customer service.

Fitting the adapter to the rifle, doesn't require any fitting. Getting the AR15 magazine to go far enough inside the mag well does usually require some minor grinding inside. At the trunnion. When the top of the magazine touches. You'll know, because the AR15 magazine won't go far enough in to lock into the renegadebuck adapter. If you have any detailed questions, you should contact Mike. "Renegadebuck". He will definitely help you through it. OR.... You can modify the AR15 magazines. That is a very easy option. You can buy USGI mags for $5-$6 a piece. Some people prefer that to modding the trunnion of the rifle. I modified the rifle and it works fine. Definitely contact renegadebuck with questions. He's #1 in customer service.

But my issue is everything fits great without any grinding of the trunion. The mag slides in fine, chambers a round and we are good to go. I was curious if this has happened to anyone before.

But my issue is everything fits great without any grinding of the trunion. The mag slides in fine, chambers a round and we are good to go. I was curious if this has happened to anyone before.

I thought you said the only mag that functioned was the modified one?....

I thought you said the only mag that functioned was the modified one?....

I did say that but evidently I am an idiot. After messing around with it, I noticed that the magazine wasn't fully seated up and in the mag well. Now that it is, it is loading the round fine.

Thanks for everyones help

If you didn't have to dremel the trunnion nubs then you are very lucky. I had to remove about 0.2 inches from mine. I know because when I started, I inserted a metal magazine and scratched the magazine with a razor blade held tightly against the base of the adapter. Then repeated when I was done and measured the distance between the scratches. However, I did remove enough to allow a plastic P-mag to fully insert, which necessitated more total removal than the metal magazine had required, since I wanted P-mags to also function. So for me, 0.2 inches of removal did it. Now when I look at the insertion of my metal mags, the top of the metal magazine isn't quite contacting the nubs and the depth of insertion is limited by the magazine pressing tightly against the inside back of the opening in the adapter. The product worked for me, although the spring that pushes on the tab locking the magazine seems a bit weak. Sometimes I have to push in with my thumb on the locking tab to get it to fully click in and lock the mag. And occasionally I have a magazine just falls out of the gun in the middle of shooting. But overall, I'm content with it.

Edited by marsofold