16" barrel, Gas ports need resizing?

My IZ109 with 4 ports. Even on setting 1 it will cycle low-recoil 00 and bird shot. Only shells I've ever fired that need setting 2 are Ranger low recoil slugs.

If I shortened the barrel to 16" and permanently attached DPH's phantom (so overall barrel length would be a hair over 18") would the ports need resizing?

My IZ109 with 4 ports. Even on setting 1 it will cycle low-recoil 00 and bird shot. Only shells I've ever fired that need setting 2 are Ranger low recoil slugs.

If I shortened the barrel to 16" and permanently attached DPH's phantom (so overall barrel length would be a hair over 18") would the ports need resizing?

That is something that you would find out once its done. Do it then test fire and you will have your answer. I had my barrel chopped and added JTE comp brake to come up w. a total barrel length of 18.2", but since the brake is 4" l only have 14" of solid barrel. My gun that always ran everything started to FTE everything. It had 3 ports so l opened those 3 to 3/32, still didnt run. Polished internals, rails, bolt carrier etc, & it still didnt run. Went back added a 4th @ 5/64, still FTE'd. After adding a 5th port @ 5/64 gun runs like a machine. So l now have a total of 5 ports, 3 @3/32, and 2 @ 5/64. But it has shot everything lve fed it since. Its not over-gassed, & runs perfectly. Its just something that you won't really know the answer to until you do it. Good Luck!

I had a 3-port gun that I chopped to 16" and it wouldn't even extract the spent shell out of the chamber. You might be alright, since you have 4 ports. If not, you can always enlarge them.