Our improved ten round mags.

The dark splotches in the corners are just storage oil that I missed wiping off.

post-2952-0-39823400-1298950698_thumb.jpg

Note smoother edges and corners, welds are larger and deeper but sit very flat. Weld count is slightly reduced as the large welds are much stronger.

post-2952-0-04859100-1298950702_thumb.jpg

Front tab is smoother and has less of a corner

post-2952-0-98622000-1298950704_thumb.jpg

Larger peep hole. Thicker rear lug with a different angle, that should equal a more universal fit then in the past.

post-2952-0-61676400-1298950707_thumb.jpg

Smoother follower and feed lips.

Follower has spring alignment V cut now, there is also a spring guide.

We found that it made the spring coil up quietly so we started doing them. (I did not take pictures of those).

post-2952-0-47051400-1298950710_thumb.jpg

Smoother more rounded floor plate, slightly narrower as well.

post-2952-0-49624000-1298950713_thumb.jpg

Just switched photos ones hosted on the forum, should work better for ya'll

• Like 4

They are pretty much the same. The tens are just the most recent batch so they have all the current improvements.

The 15s and 5s are the same batch from six months ago, they have most of the improvements just not all of them.

The front and back lugs are not as slick and smooth. I'm not totally sure when we will do another run of them, but when we do the updates will be applied and likely a few more.

They are pretty much the same. The tens are just the most recent batch so they have all the current improvements.

The 15s and 5s are the same batch from six months ago, they have most of the improvements just not all of them.

The front and back lugs are not as slick and smooth. I'm not totally sure when we will do another run of them, but when we do the updates will be applied and likely a few more.

I'm surprised you haven't had more comments on your improvements to your mags. Whatever, maybe people are just shy. I haven't heard anything negative as far as function goes so I'll be getting at least one 15 rounder. That may be a while because my wife is upset at me adding another Saiga to my collection so I'm going to put it in the safe and let things cool down a bit before converting it. Fortunately, I can play with the 12 and 223 for now.

• Like 2

I'm surprised you haven't had more comments on your improvements to your mags. Whatever, maybe people are just shy. I haven't heard anything negative as far as function goes so I'll be getting at least one 15 rounder. That may be a while because my wife is upset at me adding another Saiga to my collection so I'm going to put it in the safe and let things cool down a bit before converting it. Fortunately, I can play with the 12 and 223 for now.

Well there is nothing really drastic, most of the changes are more apparent when you handle them. The new welding equipment helped the weld appearance a lot.

Wow, only upset? sounds like you got a keeper.

Nice looking mags, wish I could afford to buy some. You do good work!

Thank you. I wish I could make them cheap, but nothing on the mags is done by a robot or CNC machine. Every single one of the 200+ operations per mag is done by a person

Sometimes we sell off scuffed ones on gunbroker kinda cheap.

• Like 1

Than you very much for finally making a mag for us folks behind the Kalifornia curtain.

I take it that these mags are good to go unlike the the Surefires which I had to mod the feed lips to fit, yes?

Some fitment does vary slightly between rifles.. But if your talking magazine width, then yeah it should be good to go.

Metal does have a size to strength advantage, so they are thinner.

For some reason I don't sell much to CA, I have sold more 10 round mags to TX then CA strange as that seems.

So if you know people who have saiga or vepr .308s in a ban state by all means send them our way.

My vepr 10rd mags are $16 cheaper per mag then factory vepr mags.

PS. if you have an older model magazine that is giving you any problems shoot me an email. I often have spare parts in storage from past runs.