I want a red dot for my S-12 but I want max field of view, I find it hard hit flying clays with a narrow FOV so I was thinking I'd put a mini-dot out on about half way up my gas tube. Man that sounds like fun lol what do you think?

The question is which one let's assume that money is not object. With Red dots I like 1.5 MOA or 3 max Trigicon makes a couple of good ones. I mean this is serious competition this year I plan to bring it!!

I've ordered one of Tom Cole's last round bolt lock back devices and have a magazine well on it's way. Also My AR is getting an up grade, I'm buying another Beretta 92FS to put an optic on so I'll have one 92 for IDPA and one for IPSC.

My S-12 I plan to replace the trigger group with an adjustible one and slick it up.

I want a red dot for my S-12 but I want max field of view, I find it hard hit flying clays with a narrow FOV so I was thinking I'd put a mini-dot out on about half way up my gas tube. Man that sounds like fun lol what do you think?

The question is which one let's assume that money is not object. With Red dots I like 1.5 MOA or 3 max Trigicon makes a couple of good ones. I mean this is serious competition this year I plan to bring it!!

I've ordered one of Tom Cole's last round bolt lock back devices and have a magazine well on it's way. Also My AR is getting an up grade, I'm buying another Beretta 92FS to put an optic on so I'll have one 92 for IDPA and one for IPSC.

My S-12 I plan to replace the trigger group with an adjustible one and slick it up.

The farther back you put the sight the larger the field of view. That said, I have seen them as far forward as mid barrel and still seems ok. As long as I can see the dot when I shoulder the gun I'm good to go. I shoot trap at the local range with my Saiga to get practice on the flying birds. I like the 3.5 to 4 MOA dots, but a 2 MOA dot is fine if it is bright enough. I'm getting a Aimpoint T1 this week to use on my new R&R Saiga. R&R has a 90 degree mount for it that puts the dot lower than any other sight.

Doug

I want to keep the dot as low as possible. I would be nice if a holographic site would not need a projection screen to bounce the dot off of. It's all about FOV, I was thinking about getting a quad rail from CSS and mounting the dot forward maybe middle of the gas tube or a bit more, then use both eyes open I'm thinking I can make that work.