wow, hicap. you're quite a shooter. can you tell us the guns you have put 100,000+ rounds through? :rolleyes:

dude, the Hi-Point is a fine gun for the $$. they are accurate, slightly heavy, inexpensive, and reliable.

i own one and wouldn't sell it for what i paid for it. i can't say that about a few guns i've owned, including the Glock i sold.

get the hi-point and try it out. i'm betting you'll like it. if it doesn't work, use the lifetime warranty. i doubt you'll need it though. mine has been fine for the 3000 documented rounds i've put through it so far.

caspian

wow, hicap. you're quite a shooter. can you tell us the guns you have put 100,000+ rounds through? :rolleyes:

Not me personally. At the range I work at though. Not kidding you, we rent out guns like glocks and XDs 150-500 rds a day over the course of a year is a lot of rounds.

Multiply by 350 days a year =52500 rounds a year (150 rounds a day)

Range guns are left in their program for 1-2 years. Glock 17, 19, and 22 reach 100,000+ rounds. Those are the only ones other guns that we rent maybe will reach 10,000 rounds and that is a strech. We clean them regularly about every 1000-5000 rounds. There is no way I could shoot 100,000 rounds in any of my guns because I'd be broke and not have anything but empty brass and an empty bank account.

Not saying Hi Points won't shoot I'm just saying that they are not my favorite. Straight blow back guns do have more felt recoil than a gas gun. Like a hi-power, 1911 system. I'm not trying to talk people out or into one but I don't like them. For me Hi-points have never shot well but that was the older ones...new ones I still am very partial to my old feelings, sheet metal handguns. They probaly still shoot better than I can though...

As for the carbine the Kel-Tec is just because you can use mags from other guns in it. In 9mm you can by a Kel-Tec for Beretta 92, Glock 17, even Smith & Wesson. It's just really easy to buy mags for. Also if you have one of those guns lying around you can just by the Kel-Tec and no more mags because you already have them. I just do not like the hi-points. There is other supposedly very nice guns that I will not buy either, but that is just me. I have seen too many problems with certain manufacters to ever buy them.

Edited by High_Cap

I have looked into the su-2000 as well.....the thing that bothers me a bit about those is you can't use aluminum shells...blazer.....not a big deal, but the high point has no restrictions on ammo used....i like that...it can take any 9mm i can find...

but yes you ae correct, the highcap mags like the Glock 33 rnders would be a lot of fun in a carbine....

ah well.....so many choices....right now i'm trying to find a good bulgi mak.....of course i have to wait until after x-mas....promised no mure guns until after the holidays....lol.....

Edited by RangerM9

quote:

Buy the Kel-tec carbine a little more expensive but well worth the extra money

the keltec was a piece of shit compared to the hipoint.

i owned both at the same time and shot them both, back to back to see which i liked more b/c one of em had to go.

the only thing the keltec had going for it was it accepts hi cap mags, but find me a 30 round 9mm mag that works flawlessly in the sig model. all the sig hicaps i tried jammed every 3-4 rounds. the 10 rounders worked flawlessly.

the sights sucked ass. the overall feel sucked ass. accuracy sucked ass.

the hi point stomped a mudhole in the keltecs ass.

2 things going for the keltec. looks and mag capacity. thats it.

there are 15 round mags available for the hi point now.

the hi point feels better, shoots better, and is more accurate.

it is ugly as sin though.

but, pointed at someones face, they don't give a fuck what it looks like. as long as it goes bang and hits what you aim at.

choose hi point over keltec in the carbine dept.

• 3 months later...

I at one time owned a Hi-Point 9mm carbine. Thing was accurate, trigger was fine, and it would gobble up any FMJ ammo I had. Ran about two thousand rounds through it without even a hic-up. Funds got tight and had to have money to feed the family, so there it went. The only reason I don't have one now is that I can't seem to find one. Not even at a gun show. I'd like to find a 40 cal at this point though. Those things get snapped up really quick arounf here.