Owning and Shooting in Califuckinya

I know this topic gets drilled on many times a day but I couldn't help to throw one in for owning and shooting the S12. I live in California and I bought mine in CA recently. I've done the conversion and have tested it and it was awesome! I want to shoot this gun a lot however after the feedback from gun stores in the area....I'm not so sure I should risk a felony. I don't have a good place to shoot. It's a small BLM area where the entire town goes to shoot and probably is watched from the man. Two gun stores in Redding, CA have warned me that the S12 is an Assault Weapon because of the law. One lady said the my bullet button can only be used for cleaning so there is no other way to feed it. (I've never read that before) The other guy said that the gun can't have a detachable magazine. After showing him the defination of detachable magazine (no tool needed) he referred to a fixed mag. The way I see it, I dont give a shit about about a fixed magazine because if we read the law....it mentions not being able to accept a detachable magazine, and we have cleared that up.

I realize that it all comes down to the cops state of mind that day and how good my lawyer is, if he is needed. I love my guns but am not willing to go through all that bullshit and worse, loosing my guns for shooting a CA legal gun.

How many others are in the same boat? Am I just talking to the wrong people....probably. Has anyone ever heard of anyone getting into problems using the bullet button tool for guns with evil features? Tell me to go shoot the crap out of it or I'll be buying some lame ass everyday semi auto shotty that holds 5 and costs 1.7k.

Thanks for anything you've heard or been through.

Edited by kevin07

Why are you even posting this here? If you have any concerns RE: California laws, you should be reading up on calguns.net forum. If your not already a member, you owe it to your self to join and read until your eyes bleed :)

FYI, the answer you will receive:

THAT IS COMPLETE FUD, THOSE REDNECK HILLBILLIES UP AT THE REDDING GUN SHOPS DON'T KNOW CRAP, AND CONTINUALLY SPREAD FUD!!!!

• Like 1

As long as you have a fixed stock and bullet button you are good to go!

exactly. this is the legality of "assault weapons" in california. although i believe the firearm must also be at least 30 inches long, and of course, no high capacity mags

That's pretty much what I thought. I have read a shitload of information on here and Calguns. I have read every law and post I can find on the subject about 50 times. I just wanted to know if there has been any real issues with this firearm, not some bullshit theory on how they read the law and believe them to be not legal. I know my gun is completely legal, and it is fully converted. The shop I bought it at in Rednecking hasn't got a problem with it, it was the others around that seem to not know shit. Sorry for posting in the wrong area but if you don't like it.....don't fucking read it or post on it. beer.gif

I'm over in Arcata, CA and I own a CA legal Saiga 12. As long as you have a maglock, no folding/collapsible stock and no mags over 10 rounds. You're good to go. Refer those dumb fucks out in Redding about a little website called http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/ Tell them to read through the complete page on assault weapons identification. If they own or work in a gun store, they damn well better know the laws.

I have a buddy that lives in Redding that I visit from time to time and I drive through there to go snowboarding at Mt. Shasta. I can honestly say that the ONLY good thing about Redding, CA is the In-N-Out Burger there. Other than that, the whole city is useless. JMHO.

For all you folks that have never had a Double Double animal style, your life is not yet complete.

i've shot mine on BLM land a few times, i've had BLM come by and chat and haven't had any problems, thats not to say there aren't those out there that will really mess up your day. info is spreading through the organizations but its going slowly and in some cases needs court cases to get the point driven home, just hope you don't get an uneducated officer, its a bit different up in Redding than it is down by me.

The question I had PUD was if anyone has ever heard of anyone or has been into trouble because of the S12. Or if anyone else has been advised to not shoot their legal gun. Those answers I still don't know. I appreciate all the other replies and I think Sam nailed it. He has experienced exactly what I was curious about.

I live in southern California, Near Ojai and Ventura. I have actually had my modified S12 inspected by a sheriff. After talking for an hour, I gave him the needed info to order and mod his own. I've seen him around town and hes always asking questions about modifications to his new s12. If you really have worries, go and ask your local law enforcement about it. It is also up to you to know your local laws, you might be surprised by what you didn't know after talking to an officer. with all the crap laws being lodged down our throats and change here, its good to have the law behind you.

Im not an expert on gun laws so i encourage you to look up the definitions of some of the following terms...no hi cap mags, mag lock, fixed stock and your good to go. I shoot mine all the time at the range and with practice you change mags just as fast as MOST people can without the mag lock (i can, anyway)

Ive even had retired atf, swat and other agencies at the range i go to watch me shoot, ask me questions and basically drool over my gun.

First thing they always ask is: "is that an s12?"

Then: "are those still legal?"

After i point out and explain what makes it legal, they ask.....

"thats bad ass, i want one. Where can i get one?!" :super: