New York Saiga Gunsmith?

My apologies, this one.

med_gallery_23857_592_180805.jpg

Here is what I wrote to another member... "If I remember correctly, I scribed the angle of the back of the receiver onto both sides of the stock, keeping the bottom of the receiver lined up with the area where it will seat on the stock, and the top corner (where the tang is) where that meets the top corner of the rear of the receiver. I then took a thin-kerfed saw and sawed along the seat area to the scribe mark. This allows the bottom of the receiver to line up with the scribe mark when the stock is inserted into the receiver. Be very careful about cutting to far on either side.

Next take a VERY sharp 1/4" or 1/2" chisel and VERY CAREFULLY remove just enough material in the scribed area, equally on each side of the stock that it will slide into the rear of the receiver. It's pretty easy if you work slow and don't try to take too much at a time. A sharp chisel will make less of a chance of slipping and chipping out where you don't want to. Do this with the trigger guard off the gun until you have it so it fitted to the receiver

IIRC, I may have had to remove the to corner of the shoulder where it meets the inside of the rear trunnion, and I know I had to deepen and make rectangular the pocket for the grip nut on the Tromix trigger guard, because you have to kind of rock it into place for assembly.

I hope you're able to make some sense of this."

There is a great pic of what I'm talking about in this thread... http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/64571-saiga-12-thumbhole-stock/page__p__620502#entry620502 It's the second picture in Molive's reply.

Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...