I picked up a WASR-10 and the cleaning kit that comes with the rifle is empty. I borrowed a brush from a Saiga, but the threads don't fit the WASR cleaning rod. Century doesn't have any cleaning kits listed on their website, any idea where I can pick up the cleaning kit that will fit the rod? Or is the Saiga brush threads the issue?

Thanks

Thanks for the leads. If I can't find one soon, I'll hit the next gun show.

Jmzzl, I saw that one on centerfiresystems, but the photo just looked like the empty tube that I already have. Did yours come with the tools inside?

Thanks for the leads. If I can't find one soon, I'll hit the next gun show.

Jmzzl, I saw that one on centerfiresystems, but the photo just looked like the empty tube that I already have. Did yours come with the tools inside?

Yup, all 5 were full kits, and they also included a big cleaning brush that wouldn't fit inside the kit.

Honestly, I've never even used the cleaning kit. It's cool to have though so I could see why you'd want it.

Get a bore snake

if you like stuff getting stuck in your barrel and then requiring an inordinate amount of time to get it out, sure, not a big fan of bore snakes....but everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it, just because ive had bad luck doesnt mean you or the OP will

Yeah, I've got a bore snake for many of my calibers. I like them just fine for quick cleaning of the barrel. Never had any problem with them failing, curious to know about YEL13's problem.

But it's nice to have the kit that is made for the rifle, if only for aesthetics. I've got a 30 cal brush & mop, but it doesn't fit the threads on the cleaning rod. I don't have the sight tool or slave pin either and a gas chamber brush would be great.

Yeah, I've got a bore snake for many of my calibers. I like them just fine for quick cleaning of the barrel. Never had any problem with them failing, curious to know about YEL13's problem.

But it's nice to have the kit that is made for the rifle, if only for aesthetics. I've got a 30 cal brush & mop, but it doesn't fit the threads on the cleaning rod. I don't have the sight tool or slave pin either and a gas chamber brush would be great.

had a bore snake rated for thirty cal, worked great with all my 7.62 stuff, but then I bought a 98k mauser a couple months ago (7.92mm) instead of buying one specialized for that I used the thirty cal one so I could hopefully get a nice even coating of an ammonia solvent after shooting corrosive ammo at the range, when I did so the ammonia that soaked in the bore snake caused it to swell and unfortunately got stuck, fortunately with the help of a brass screw I was eventually able to remove it, but I've been a bit turned off to bore snakes since, in all honesty it probably wasn't even the snake itself but rather the solvent as I had never had any problems whenever I used regular hoppes copper solvent, maybe it was the barrel still being warm, regardless its pretty hard to mess up a standard brass or steel cleaning rod, even if its segmented and the threading gets messed up you can always use a wooden dowel to get it out

I'd have to agree, but trust me, the gun just doesn't feel complete without a cleaning kit. I know from personal experience.

+1 on that! I still dont use the supplied cleaning kits, but without it the gun really does feel incomplete....I guess I just like knowing its there lol