Northwest Multigun Challenge, July 9th and 10th

The application is up and we are getting ready for a fun filled 10 stage 3 gun match on July 9th and 10th 2011 at the Albany Rifle and Pistol Club in Albany, Oregon. At least 2 stages of long range and a dark house. Most stages will be at least 2 guns and a few 3 gun stages. If you are interested in being an RO contact me. ROs will get a free entry, plus 2 free lunches plus $75 for lodging and shoot on Thursday 7/7 and Friday 7/8. You can direct questions to nwmultigun@aol.com.

Here is the link to the app: http://www.northwestsection.org/files/NWMGC%20app%20final%20c.pdf

Bring your Saiga out and have some fun!

Doug

The application is up and we are getting ready for a fun filled 10 stage 3 gun match on July 9th and 10th 2011 at the Albany Rifle and Pistol Club in Albany, Oregon. At least 2 stages of long range and a dark house. Most stages will be at least 2 guns and a few 3 gun stages. If you are interested in being an RO contact me. ROs will get a free entry, plus 2 free lunches plus $75 for lodging and shoot on Thursday 7/7 and Friday 7/8. You can direct questions to nwmultigun@aol.com.

Here is the link to the app: http://www.northwestsection.org/files/NWMGC%20app%20final%20c.pdf

Bring your Saiga out and have some fun!

Doug

I want to play!

Doug I'm going to shoot every match I an find, like I was saying I plan to bring back my Pistol Caliber Carbine and the AR I built for match shooting back when the price of every gun part went way up so it's not exactly how I want it yet. Still is a pretty cool gun.

I do need some glass for the AR and my S-12

Check is in the mail!

One last thing since I really don't know many of the other Saiga Shooters can you squad me with some other S-12 users?

Sure, I will find some of them for you to squad with.

Doug

• 2 weeks later...

Match Rules have been posted. Please read them as there are some differences from other matches. We have tried to develop a set of rules that will be fun, fair and provide for an exciting match. Please feel free to PM me with questions.

You can read or download the rules here: http://www.nwmultigun.com/uploads/NWMG_RULES.pdf

Doug

• 1 month later...

For those of you with a manually operated rifle, bolt gun etc., I've decided to run a MOR rifle match concurent with the regular match. 5 stages will be picked out and have a modified course of fire for the MOR rifles, probably all three of the long range stages and 2 other stages. If you are shooting the MOR match you will shoot the stage with your regular guns and then shoot the modified stage with your bolt gun. We are limiting the squads to 10 people so this should not slow the match down. The MOR match will be scored seperately and have its own trophy and maybe even a small cash prize. So bring out your old hunting rifle or what ever (no magnum guns please its rough on the steel) and have some fun. I'm going to shoot my Rem 700 in .308 with BAS (big ass scope).

Also posted some small changes to the scoring rules on the website. Match is over half full, get your apps in if you want to shoot! Go to www.nwmultigun.com for an application and information.

Doug

• 2 months later...

My AR is fine, my pistol is fine, I'm having trouble with my shotgun, I put a magazine well on it, and can't get the mags to shoot reliably. So I going with the Rock and Lock mags I have 3 Russian 8 rd mags, 2 12 round Surefires, and a MD 20 Drum it should be more than enough. I might look an the R&R mag well, I just don't know if AGPs can be made to work in it or not?

Well, How did it go?!?!

Stages are finished, except the Crimson Trace Dark House which we started building today. It's dark as you know what in there and like an oven. Temps should be lower this weekend so it will be livable. ROs start shooting in the morning and the regular match starts on Saturday. Everyone that has seen the shirts so far really likes them. Got about 110 shooters total so someone is going home without a t-shirt, insert sad face here. I'll have some pictures up as I get a chance, pretty busy doing Match Director stuff now.

Doug

I only kept one XXL for myself.. If ya want it, I'll sent it to ya... It's been worn, but it's clean..

we also still have the screens if ya need a handful more..

I only kept one XXL for myself.. If ya want it, I'll sent it to ya... It's been worn, but it's clean..

we also still have the screens if ya need a handful more..

Thats OK, it's their own fault for signing up late. If there is alot of interest I can make up an order and send them out later, too late this week. I'll try to get some shots of folks wearing them and sent them to you.

Doug

I doubt I can make it down there for the sign up tonight, have reservations at the Phoenix hotel. I'll try to get off work early and head that way. Dummy me I bought #5 shot I read the rules it says #6 minimum so I need to pick up some more shells. Anyway I'll do that on the way. I'm also putting a Coast Guard team together for the Courage Classic in August.

See you there

Had a lot of trouble with my S-12 not eating slugs, they just would not feed. Then a few jams on my AR I tossed the offending magazine in the trash. I guess I could have gotten new followers and springs but with the price of AR mags these days why bother.

My S-12 has been running like a champ ever since, I've use the MD-Arms 20 round drum and Russian 8s and hand no more S-12 problems.

My PX4 jammed once but I cleard it and kept shooting. I'm going to blame Ammo for that so far.

Here is a short video of Stage 2- Crimson Trace Dark House. This is my run and the RO is Iain Harrison. A professional video of the match will be available soon. PM me if interested. Got to go back to the range and finish picking up steel. I'll post a longer report when I get home.

Doug

That night vision stage was amazing! It's going to be one of those stage that is talked about for years! Doug will you be at the Courage Classic?

Great Match! Thanks for all the hard work that went into it!

That night vision stage was amazing! It's going to be one of those stage that is talked about for years! Doug will you be at the Courage Classic?

Great Match! Thanks for all the hard work that went into it!

Glad you liked it, Crimson Trace and Iain Harrison are 100% responsible for that stage. Here is a short video of my run shot with a night vision monocle. It looks bright in the vid but you can't see your hand in front of your face.

Here is my run through the dark house. We were just "testing" as it were.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmPit4gCy2s&feature=autoplay&list=HL1311455222&index=2&playnext=2

IPSC_GUY

SIERRA II ALPHA

Glad you got to shoot your stage, too bad you didn't get to shoot the rest of the match. As cool as that PVS-15 was it would be really cool if you brought some stuff next year that the avererage guy could afford. I know you have some stuff in the works, keep in touch. People are going to beg to shoot this match next year!

Doug