I would like to start off my saying that I'm extremely happy with the chaos tri rail I have and it's the most sturdy rail system I've seen on a weapon ( seen a few on ARs a d such).

Earlier in the day I noticed that the Allen screw closest to the magazine under the rail had backed out, I'm assuming due to recoil. My question is, since I can't find my original paperwork with the rail, what is that screw for? It just sits flush and can be screwed directly through the rail and make contact with the barrel If one were so inclined to fully tighten it. I honestly can't remember what it was for, and I initially thought that maybe the head had broken off. Anyway I would like to solve this mystery cuz it's gonna drive me nuts.

Till it's touching the barrel I'm assuming? I'm only asking because I wasnt sure if the screw itself should have been touching the bottom of the barrel, and thought the recoil would cause the screw to dig into the bottom of the barrel.

Btw thx for the quick reply.

• 3 years later...

I doubt it will cause you any problems but if you want it centered you have a couple things you can do. First check to see if the mounting hole in the gas block is centered. If it is then check for canting on the gas block, it's going to be one or the other. You can straighten the block without knocking out pins just by twisting on it. If the mount is off center and you want it centered you'll need to slot the rail mount hole over a little. I personally am very picky and would weld up the hole and move it to the center location but I realize most people don't have that option.

I checked it out prior and looks like the gas block is just slightly canted, not much.   Just enough for the rail to barely touch that side of the gas block, which doesn't bother me, but I don't want it affecting the ability for it to cycle, naturally. The mounting hole is centered and the rear of the rail seats in the receiver where it is suppose to.  I pulled it off and gave it some love taps with a rubber mallet, but to no avail.  Thanks.